Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Beginning - Embrace The Noodle

JSSkinz

39 minutes ago, redskinss said:

So why not Kaepernick?

Is It because we dont need the distractions?

We don't need Rachel Maddow and Anderson Cooper in our locker room asking nonfootball related questions.

I think it would be a dumb move when all you're looking for is a placeholder, IMO.

1 minute ago, SoulSkin said:

I know it's slim pickings, but no to Sanchez please.  I doubt he's wanting anything other than a nice paycheck. I'd rather them bring in a young guy who will be fighting to improve like Paxton Lynch. Sanchez is not going to salvage anything. If Colt can keep our heads above water, great. It's full-on evaluation mode if he gets hurt.

at this point in the season, you want someone that can run  an offense if your backup goes down. If we find ourselves in that position of playoffs and a 3rd string qb...we don't just want to roll over and play dead. These opportunities come too infrequent and we cant stay healthy....still we need to do whatever we can

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

We don't need Rachel Maddow and Anderson Cooper in our locker room asking nonfootball related questions.

I think it would be a dumb move when all you're looking for is a placeholder, IMO.

its not that, Kaep cant read a defense. Robert would be a better pick. He knows these guys at least

Just now, Gibbit said:

at this point in the season, you want someone that can run  an offense if your backup goes down. If we find ourselves in that position of playoffs and a 3rd string qb...we don't just want to roll over and play dead. These opportunities come too infrequent and we cant stay healthy....still we need to do whatever we can

Yeah, I get it. They Probably have to sign whoever shows best from the guys that they bring in. It's also hard to evaluate anything if the quarterback is completely lost. May the best guy win, I guess. 

16 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Because Bruce Allen is Republican.

Yes, it's pathetic that football decisions are made based on that, but welcome to the Snyder era.

Dude just stop. It literally makes no business sense to sign a controversial back up qb that carries the very real risk of alienating parts of your fan base when you can’t even fill up your stadium at 6-4 and winning your division. And before you say yeah but you’ll gain new fans by signing kaepernick you’d be signing him for likely 7 weeks so while you’ll gain a short term boom in jersey sales  it won’t last long. Also it most likely won’t lead to ticket sales and you most likely will never regain the fans that you lose because of it while after the 6 or 7 weeks with the redskins kaepernick will leave and so will all of these new so called redskins fans so you’ve lost a lot more than you’ve gained 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

We need to prioritize someone with mobility. The OL is broken down and won't give him time, and at least a backup QB that can run can pick up cheap easy yards with his legs from time to time.

It sounds like Trent is on pace to be back for Dallas, maybe one of the mods has heard some info on that and can enlighten us.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Old, yes.  Good no.

Arguing between JC and Colt was like trying to decide which you preferred to cut yourself with, a butter knife or a teaspoon.

And yet here we are, excited about an 8 year backup who we hope can improve on our lackluster season.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

3 hours ago, rdskn4eva said:

If colt is so great why has he been a backup for the last 9 years or whatever?

OK, this and "There's a reason he's been a backup for..." ad nauseam. Look, no ones saying he's great or that he'll even help us get to the playoffs. But for right now, what are you going to do? Send in a free agent to take over? There are reasons they're free agents. There are reasons they too were backups. Backups who ended up as free agents. And even if they did take over the starting job, I would doubt that any of them would be considered "great."

25 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Because Bruce Allen is Republican.

Yes, it's pathetic that football decisions are made based on that, but welcome to the Snyder era.

Politics aside it is not like Kaepernick was playing well when his career ended? I mean the guy was benched for Blaine Gabbert. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

And yet here we are, excited about an 8 year backup who we hope can improve on our lackluster season.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

This isn’t reminiscent of Colt Brennan.  It’s reminiscent of Todd Collins.  And to a lesser extent Rex Grossman.

Both those guys were experienced in the system, came in and played (mostly) well.  

I also dont think Colt is a long term answer, but for the next 6 games, he might be just fine.  

2 hours ago, max21 said:

WTF. Are some of you on pyschedelic drugs? The season is over, Colt McCoy is a backup quarterback in the NFL and their is reason for that. 

The season over???  What you thought that Alex Smith dink and dunk lucky crap was going to lead us somewhere special?  LOL!!!  Yeah ok.  That crap wouldn't work too many more times against good teams.  Yeah it makes us look good against ok teams but Smith wasn't going to win any playoff games IF he happened to luckily get us that far.

Nah I'm good, I like Colt in there.  I got real hope now.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This isn’t reminiscent of Colt Brennan.  It’s reminiscent of Todd Collins.  And to a lesser extent Rex Grossman.

Both those guys were experienced in the system, came in and played (mostly) well.  

I also dont think Colt is a long term answer, but for the next 6 games, he might be just fine.  

You mean 10 games dont you? :)

4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

OK, this and "There's a reason he's been a backup for..." ad nauseam. Look, no ones saying he's great or that he'll even help us get to the playoffs. But for right now, what are you going to do? Send in a free agent to take over? There are reasons they're free agents. There are reasons they too were backups. Backups who ended up as free agents. And even if they did take over the starting job, I would doubt that any of them would be considered "great."

Agreed.

He know this offense.

Archived