Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS dem bois

TK

Holy **** what a game and what a win. 

So so many feelings. On one hand, the **** Gruden? Call a PA pass and just end the game then and there. Alex, I’m in your corner but you’re gonna have to show me more. Should have won by a lot more, should have had a TD to Sprinkle... so much more we can be on O and it’s frustrating. 

However...

How about this defense!!! Zeke had no run over 6 yards? Yep! Multiple sacks and pressures? Oh yeah! A defensive touchdown in a clutch moment? BOOM! 

Jon Allen, Daron Payne... two awesome picks back to back. So nice to see the D line addressed and produce finally. 

The defense is for real. And it will keep us in every game we’re playing. 

Enjoy the win everyone. **** Dallas!

5 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I'm not so sure if the Redskins won or if the Cowboys lost.

Sure, the Redskins had a 10 point lead with 6 minutes left;  6 minutes!!!  All of a sudden Dak breaks off 3 or 4 big runs against a dumb Manusky play calling fiasco, they score a TD, and what does Alex do? Runs out of bounds, conserving time AND Dallas' last T.O..

BRILLIANT!

No, Dallas lost this game, even though the defense showed up to play today, well, at least for 54 minutes.

Bit of both. The defense definitely showed up big time (though the last few minutes were a bit painful, as you said). The offense (surprise surprise) did not and once again looked scared, conservative, and predictable outside of a few plays. That's a direct reflection on the coaching and the QB IMO. They both do their jobs scared and it shows. Add in some luck and we win another squeaker. 

I'll take it, but I'm not sure my heart can keep up.

Oh, and hats off to our punter. He was pinning them deep all game.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is something to that.

im hoping the offense gets better over the year as they get more familiar with each other. Or they’re going to start 4-2 and end up 8-8.

The defense cannot overcome the offense and Grudens crappy coaching for the entire season.

Dallas is being over-hyped, as usual, by the media, and an unfortunate kick by their kicker cost them the game, well the previous play where the center moved the ball costing them 5 yds is what REALLY cost them.

I don't have confidence in Smith, he's starting to look more and more like a game manager, not a true QB. Gruden, well, he got lucky this week, but ****ty play calling like that will cost the team the needed wins in December, and if they manage to get into the paloffs, they will be bounced in the WC round. AP and Reed and Davis is the only offense this team has.

3 minutes ago, Redd said:

Damn 4-2.  Real talk we're just 2 plays away from being 2-4.   Every play counts and we came out on top.

This win is special.   Every team in the nfc east sucks.  We just might suck the least. 

Who would of thought at the start of the year we would of beaten GB, Panthers and Dallas?

No Crowder, Richardson, Thompson, Dunbar

Tue f*ck is everyone complaining about

14 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I really hope you're referring the the 2004-2007 Gibbs teams.....

I am for the most part but his mentality and the 92 season. Sometimes we win on offense, sometimes on defense, sometimes on teams. it takes a TEAM. And the better TEAMS find a way to win.

I didn't even seen Gruden getting conservative. I saw a good Dallas Defense in the red zone. they were number 4 in scoring. We shouldn't have been expected to put up 40

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

This luck isn't sustainable. The week we go against a well run team that knows what the **** they're doing.....well we saw what happened against the Saints on MNF.

This team is due for some luck. Look at the eagles last year, Wentz avoids a sack and throws for a 50 yard TD that got them rolling all the way to the super bowl.

That said, I'm really hating Alex and the fact that we are stuck with him for 3 more years. Same with gruden. 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The offense for the most part looked like dog ****? As it has in most games 

The offense wasnt that horrid except in the Redzone. It was a conservatively called game from Gruden for sure. And we are definitely going to need a downfield passing attack against better offensive teams in the league. just look what happened against the Saints. We got curb stomped. But there is still plenty of time for the offense to progress through this season. This team isnt winning the Super Bowl. But it has been fun to watch for me so far. And I know everyone in this thread would have taken 4-2 to start the season.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

That call won us the game. And I don't remember how long it's bene since I've seen that kind of penalty called.

Yeah that was a bizarre one, and it really did win us the game. I think it was Romo who was saying that if the exact same kick had happened from the original 47 yards out it would have been in and he was right.

Archived