Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS dem bois

TK

1 minute ago, Wyvern said:

Ugly win.  And Alex Smith is a huge part of the "ugly" -- especially with his foolish run out of bounds.

Exactly.  Before that happened.  I had just finished making a post about how I don't think he's very smart.  He doesn't read coverages well, and he makes bone headed plays.  WTF, isn't he supposed to be a veteran????!

1 minute ago, ejay183 said:

Thats because some people want every game won by 14+ points. This is the NFL today, you get lucky and win games by 3 points. We have been on the other side of this many times. Celebrate the win cause when you look back at this game, there wont be an asterisk that the game was won by luck, it will have a Redskins win. HTTR!

No.

They had plenty of chances to put the game out of reach early. Coming down to a missed field goal kinda sucks.

3 missed TDS by Smith would have changed the game entirely, even if he hit just one of them.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

unless the receiver drops the ball in which case you give them a timeout

That’s a chance you take to end the game.  Because minus Dallas stupidity, this game is either over with a loss or in OT right now.

Gruden did everything wrong and got away with it. 

He’s a bad coach.  Period.

Hard to say what happens if this game goes to OT, but one thing is for sure, that 5 yard penalty on the Cowboys center made the difference on the FG attempt.  From 47 yards out that same kick is going in.

You know what though?  I have had to live through 'Skins FG kickers missing chip shots that would tie and/or win games, so too frickin' bad.

Just now, Burgold said:

We also won without half our offensive weapons... No Thompson, Crowder, or Richardson. This was a tough gutty win. The kind a football fan should cheer and love.

I respectfully disagree.  Smith is trash.  The D won the game. And a bit of luck, which every team needs.   Trust me. I am at a venue where 5 other guys are saying the same thing,  Gruden has no balls and neither does Mr. Smith.

8 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

**** DALLAS. But Jay still is a trash coach.

Who is coach of the Rams right now?

(btw, if one is so inclined, they'll see I was in favor of firing Gruden and bringing in someone else, and that I considered McVay a candidate because he was being compared to the greatest minds of the game)

Thanks Dallas :) great FG ??? 4-2!!!! I’ll celebrate this win for at least a few days, for sure. 

Gruden has now crossed 3 things off his list: getting a season opening win. Getting a win against cam newton. Getting a win against the cowboys AT HOME/first win against them since 2015, and breaking the Win 1 Lose 1 thing. 

HAIL YES.

There is plenty to criticize from this game, but at the same time we can look back at 2015-2017 seasons and easily point to games that came down to our kicker missing a FG or two during the course of the game.  It happens, that's life.  Don't leave it up to the kicker and you aren't in that situation.  

7 minutes ago, Etowneric said:

Win against Dallas to get into 1st place and we still half our fans whining. I've never seen anything like this. WE ****ING WON

I'm not mad at all. How could I be mad?

But our success is not sustainable. We need a passing game.

Wow, saved by a snap infraction.  That defense dominated all day(Except for the one play), until the coaches decided there were 4 minutes left and we couldnt lose.

Then we almost did.  I feel like this team has talent, but the coaching and game management is getting in the way.  So happy to beat the Cowboys at least, and so happy it was as heartbreaking as it was for them!  Now we are 4-1 in the conference which may be huge with tie breakers later!

Archived