Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

Just now, joeken24 said:

He gameplanned. He's just horrible at adjusting. He's just a stubborn dude.

It's because he convinces himself that they were always *thisclose* to everything working out the way they gameplanned. "If we can just tighten up here and here, we had it perfectly", is how I think he sees it on a weekly basis. Rarely do I think he looks at a game afterwards and thinks "wow we were outclassed, we need to innovate". But what do I know, I can't really get inside his head. 

It's depressing that we had young geniuses McVay and Shanahan here in recent years and let them slip through our fingers. Shanahan, it makes sense the way things ended with Griffin and his dad and all. That wasn't happening. We had McVay in-house his entire NFL career before he got a HCing gig and let him walk out the ****ing door so we could keep seeing this bull**** every week. It's unthinkable. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Right. Unless you brainwash them into it as part of the ritual of their childhood, what's the selling point exactly for kids these days to enjoy this team? To root for it and follow it religiously? It was a hard childhood for me as a sports fan, growing up in Patriots country. At least I had Gibbs II which had some second-hand glory attached to it. 

When I drop my kid off at school, our tradition (good thing to have a sort of ritual so that it's not so scary the first week or so), is:

Me:  I love you

Kid:  I love you, Daddy

Me:  Now what do we say?

Both:  HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

. . . we live in the Philly area.

As bad as the first half ended up, this game could have been different had the defense not committed some boneheaded penalties, and recovered that first easy fumble.

Down 13, it is still likely over, but once again it is the Redskins playing their worst on prime time. 

I feel like underneath routes have been wide open all game and yet with two of the faster players in the NFL in Thompson and Crowder we’re standing around looking for 30 yard completions with an OL that has been playing like Swiss cheese all game. How does that work exactly? Because I don’t think that works.

Archived