Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

7 hours ago, bknp7 said:

Build a bad ass Defense like the Jags did. Follow there lead. Then bring the offense up to a NFL caliber. This starts by getting young hungry coordinators. Not has beens!!!!!!

Hiring Manusky was such a let down.  They coulda had anybody and that was the best they could do.  

7 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I didn't see the whole game.  But I just looked at Drew Brees' stats.  He was 26 for 29. Those are video game stats.  He missed 3 passes.

And one of those he just threw in the ground to kill a blown play.

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

ThereÂ’s a correspondingly bad record after a win, which is why heÂ’s a .500 coach, if you toss out the 2014 middle school drama season.

Yep, looks like another year hovering around .500.

7 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Stop it with McVay. We were all criticizing him while he was here, and while a few might have been sort of upset no one was talking about not renewing season tix because we let him walk. We remember our red zone offense with him a the helm at OC WITH KIRK, fade routes to Desean, no running game inside the 5 yard line.. Lets not act like McVay was recreating the '91 or 83 offense...

What, like in '15 and '16 when we had the 10th and 12th offenses in the league?  

9 hours ago, Yng Lady88 said:

AP Out with separated shoulder?

I knew that hit out of bounds was bad.  Looked like a cheap hit with the helmet that wasn't called also.   This team is nothing without AP and Thompson.   If they both are out 4 games we may lose all 4.

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There’s a correspondingly bad record after a win, which is why heÂ’s a .500 coach, if you toss out the 2014 middle school drama season.

Oh I know. Just trying to come up with reasons to watch next week

18 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm confused how a guy who plays in the same secondary as DJ and Norman can get upset at an opposing player for using words and actions to get under a guy's skin during a game...that's like their whole playbook. Maybe not Dunbar, but to act upset about it lining up in the same defensive backfield as those guys is bizarre. 

Must've been some off limit ****. Further, when you gettin' your ass beat, its very difficult to keep your cool. I guess the secondary got beat like they stole somethin'

22 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Refs are bad and make bad calls. They aren't being told or paid to ref a certain way, they are just middle-aged dudes with middle-aged vision trying to call penalties in the moment in a league where we need multiple slow-mo replay angles to tell if they were right or wrong after the fact. It's a nearly impossible job with an over-complicated rulebook and a stupid system of "points of emphasis", combined with a post-game score system that punishes them for only certain bad or missed calls which makes them pay attention to certain things more than others. It's a tough job and on top of that they suck at it. 

That doesn't mean it's a conspiracy. Drew ****ing Brees didn't need the refs help to throw for 219 yards on this stupid team. The moving parts needed to pull off an actual conspiracy-theory level of game-fixing in a professional sports league would be impossible to keep quiet. It's a silly idea. There are bad refs, who have bad calls, and we are an almost supernaturally stupid and undisciplined team. It's an ugly combination.

then why so few penalties against the saints? There was holding on almost every offensive play

• TK locked this topic

Archived