Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

Gruden is a purely mediocre coach with splashes of brilliance. consistency has never been his thing with this team. h he has no heart or back-bone when it counts. his post-game comments are pathetic: "Failed team effort/this team follows my lead so it's my fault. I didn't give Alex opportunities to win". I didn't prepare them well. play-calling wasn't great". what are you doing in preparation coming off a bye week!?! same ****, different post-game. 

apparently the players like him because jokes and kids and relates to him? but if I was an opposing coach/team, nothing about Jay Gruden would scare me or have me worried about his overall team scheme or offensive play-calling. like I said, he catches fire here and there, but on the hole he provides nothing. complete domination. on national television. AGAIN. 

between this game and the Colts game, idk what team this is or how we're going to perform from week-to-week. consistently a ****ing joke.

Obviously a very depressing game for Skin's fans.  I have been on message boards this past weekend for Giants, Cowboys, and Eagle fans.  I am not seeing anyone feel confident about their teams' chances to break .500 this year.  The old saying "You are what your record says you are.  So far, the Skins are the best team in the NFC East, even after tonight.  All of the upcoming Redskins games against NFC East opponents will be against very flawed teams.  You will be going into games against the Cowboys with much better weapons in the passing game than they have.  Nothing like beating divisional opponents to build momentum. 

1 minute ago, zskins said:

My son asked what happened to the Skins tonight. 

I summed it up for him: They laid down like a cheap whore. 

While on the subject, this team has finally broken my wife. She became a fan because of me, it really all started with 2012 making her serious about it.  But she went to bed at halftime tonight and had not one ounce of belief.  My son, he kind of acts like he cares but he really doesn’t at all.

Just now, Nerm said:

Obviously a very depressing game for Skin's fans.  I have been on message boards this past weekend for Giants, Cowboys, and Eagle fans.  I am not seeing anyone feel confident about their teams' chances to break .500 this year.  The old saying "You are what your record says you are.  So far, the Skins are the best team in the NFC East, even after tonight.  All of the upcoming Redskins games against NFC East opponents will be against very flawed teams.  You will be going into games against the Cowboys with much better weapons in the passing game than they have.  Nothing like beating divisional opponents to build momentum. 

I don't really care about splitting games with other mediocre NFCE teams and battling each other for an irrelevant division crown without actual hope for playoff success. I'm sick of it. 

Just now, RedskinsVa7 said:

I just want to know what happened to Jordan Reed? Was he hurt coming in the game or did the Saints shut him down? He’s a part of this offense, but no targets at all. 

Smith was too busy throwing 2 yard check downs to CT. While down by 25. 

9 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Agreed. Time and data have confirmed. But the hire, at the time, incited optimism( albeit following a depressing Zorn era). Allen does possess a certain panache and greasiness, that has utility within an NFL environment. Roster construction? No chance, but reports seem to indicate he's far removed from those decisions. 

He’s not.  He’s the final decision maker.

So gruden took josh norman out in the 3rd based on `conversations` at half time

Norman is tired of losing, i bet he blew up in the locker room.  Sorry josh you should have signed somewhere else if you hate losing.  Learn to enjoy it in washington.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

What? He told Doug Williams to stay off his phone and wait and see what happens the night before we made the Alex Smith trade. He's got a bigger role in big personnel decisions than our fake non-GM GM, at least. 

Hmm, Ok.  I thought I heard "internally" they were downgrading Bruce Allen's role in the organization. Probably wrong. My source was a Geocities site run by Zoony. A majority of the content is inappropriate for humanity, but there were some interesting NFL insider bits, occasionally.

1 minute ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

I just want to know what happened to Jordan Reed? Was he hurt coming in the game or did the Saints shut him down? He’s a part of this offense, but no targets at all. 

Because they can block, VD and Sprinkle have been getting a lot of snaps...why Reed isn't being targeted when he IS out there is a total mystery. He's healthy. After his great sideline catch today he immediately was rotated out. He is our biggest mismatch and seemingly a great fit for Smith's skill-set, so I'm not really sure what's going on there. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

While on the subject, this team has finally broken my wife. She became a fan because of me, it really all started with 2012 making her serious about it.  But she went to bed at halftime tonight and had not one ounce of belief.  My son, he kind of acts like he cares but he really doesn’t at all.

Perhaps they have " Battered Fan Syndrome".

2 minutes ago, Nerm said:

The old saying "You are what your record says you are.  So far, the Skins are the best team in the NFC East, even after tonight.  All of the upcoming Redskins games against NFC East opponents will be against very flawed teams.

Raise your hands if you want to see the REdskins win a division that is below .500, host a wild card game and be blown out by one of: New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay, or Seatle?  WHat no takers?

Winning a division is meaningless when its down.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My girlfriend of 9 years grew up in a Patriots household as a sports fan but really grew into her football/fantasy football fandom after we met. So she is a big Redskins fan now. I think she hates me for it every day :rofl89:

1 minute ago, zoony said:

So gruden took josh norman out in the 3rd based on `conversations` at half time

Norman is tired of losing, i bet he blew up in the locker room.  Sorry josh you should have signed somewhere else if you hate losing.  Learn to enjoy it in washington.

Honestly I bet he demands a trade after this season.

He's got the same mentality as OBJ, but if I played on this team and they sucked like this, I'd want to play somewhere else too.

to whomever said Josh probably blew up at halftime was the reason for his benching. even so, a little surprised Gruden took that route when players get pissed in the locker room all the time. I know his play wasn't great but im guessing Norman crossed the line. who ****ing knows.

I'm ready to throw the towel in on this team right now.

I see busts all over the place, and frankly, I like Smith, he seemed the only one who cared after the Saints got up big in the First Half.  Team had no juice coming out of half time.

So, its put up or shut up time.  Win three straight or start planning to blow the entire offense up, and start from scratch.  Oh yeah, and Fire Jay and Bruce while you are at it.

Archived