Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah he cursed throughout his entire post game interview.  When asked how heÂ’s feeling after all this, his response was something like:

Cam Newton is coming here Sunday and don’t give a F about how we’re feeling.

Do you have a link to this you could post?

2 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Woa! Just noticed something on CSN. Alex is talking about his poor play. CSN switches back to the studio prematurely and D-Hall's expression is priceless and telling. I have a feeling Alex is not very popular in the locker room.

We'll see. **** always comes out after a nice losing streak. I have a feeling we're in for one.

Oh boy. Another season of manufactured (or real) drama when how bad we suck should be dramatic enough. That's okay, it's usually the extracurricular drama and collateral damage that gets coaches fired, so that's fine with me. 

10 minutes ago, bknp7 said:

Build a bad ass Defense like the Jags did. Follow there lead. Then bring the offense up to a NFL caliber. This starts by getting young hungry coordinators. Not has beens!!!!!!

Easier said than done. Jags invested high draft picks into the defense. Takes consistent losing to enable the capacity to draft early.

14 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I didn't see the whole game.  But I just looked at Drew Brees' stats.  He was 26 for 29. Those are video game stats.  He missed 3 passes.

Hell, even video games have a couple drops. That **** was ridiculous. Thanks Skins defense for making him feel comfortable in the pocket and allowing such wonderfully wide open receivers to throw to. Josh was instrumental is making that happen for you. Kudos.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah he cursed throughout his entire post game interview.  When asked how heÂ’s feeling after all this, his response was something like:

Cam Newton is coming here Sunday and don’t give a F about how we’re feeling.

LOL wow. I love it and respect it though. maybe if this team sees one of their young stars being vocal honest about their JV play, maybe it will catch on.

but he's truly right though. they better get it together before Cam comes in here next week and embarrasses them 2 weeks in a row. 

2 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Did anyone notice that Floyd started?

Yep. had the same impact as Doctson. So, no impact. Hard to to identify which party is responsible- Alex not throwing to receivers, said receivers not gaining separation, Offense not designed to ever throw to said receivers. Depressing, whichever way.

7 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Easier said than done. Jags invested high draft picks into the defense. Takes consistent losing to enable the capacity to draft early.

And when the time came they paid a couple of big time FA's big time money...they didn't pay 5 guys mediocre money to rotate and suck equally, which is more our MO besides Desean/Norman a few years ago. 

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

Jags got that ass beat this weekend two. The league is now offensive (literally). It plays into the hands of teams that are aggressive and innovative on offense. The Redskins are archaic on both sides of the ball. It is what it is. Its why they have busted coverage and can't adjust. They don't know what to adjust to because they're so caught up in the concept of a play. If you ever played Madden, every play has a particular route tree. That is, unless you change one of the routes or create a mismatch. The Saints probably do that better than any team in the league. The Skins get smoked because they don't do there jobs. The job is to defend the player you're assigned to. If your eyes are in the backfield, you're not doing your job. When you couple that with going to where you think the route should go, you end up with wide open receivers. Not correctable with this team, because the coaching staff is archaic.

Who gives a **** about what Thomas said?! Lock him up so he doesn’t have to say anything. I donÂ’t care about “where IÂ’m from thatÂ’s disrespect” donÂ’t put yourself in that position to let him do that. Swearinger, Norman and Dunbar always talk all this **** but never back it up.

So Josh got benched. I thought it was due to his hamstring. Hmm.

It takes time to bench a franchise player, right. Josh must've been stinking it up for a while. I guess this is a make or break for Jay.

Bad thing was, they showed Josh on the sidelines and the very next play Stroman gets torched. You just can't make this **** up.

I'm confused how a guy who plays in the same secondary as DJ and Norman can get upset at an opposing player for using words and actions to get under a guy's skin during a game...that's like their whole playbook. Maybe not Dunbar, but to act upset about it lining up in the same defensive backfield as those guys is bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just wonder where we'd be with McVay and Cousins instead of Gruden and Smith.

IMO, that's the most depressing **** about all of this.  McVay is a top 5 coach in the game, pretty much an offensive whiz.  Cousins is doing great in Minnesota.  

We've got crap and crap.  

Stop it with McVay. We were all criticizing him while he was here, and while a few might have been sort of upset no one was talking about not renewing season tix because we let him walk. We remember our red zone offense with him a the helm at OC WITH KIRK, fade routes to Desean, no running game inside the 5 yard line.. Lets not act like McVay was recreating the '91 or 83 offense...

I watch other games this week. When other teams are 1st and goal the defensive safeties cup up and take on blockers or hit the RB. Our guys side step and try to avoid contact. We are so soft. Saints beat that ass tonite!

That interception by Smith on 4th n 2 when it was 33-13. That was so bad. Harris was WIDE OPEN. A great call by Gruden, and Smith needed the time it takes to pass a bill through congress to convince himself to throw the ball.. That was a touchdown, would it have changed the game. Idk, probably not the way our D was playing but still. It was funny NO was losing DB after DB and Smith still couldn't get the ball downfield to receivers. We let it slide in week 1 cause we didn't need him to do it. But I said it back then, if the team has a bad day and he's still doing that he's gonna get called out for it..

I mean NO could have had those plastic pieces from those electric football games from the '70s at Smith still wouldn't throw it to our WR's. Maybe we just dont have anything at WR period??? Richardson is a chandelier, Doctson is MIA, Crowder is under producing, Reed is our only guy.. We might need to draft or add 2 if not 3 WR's next offseason.

I haven't seen this little production from the receiver position since the '93 team..

Archived