Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

3 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Hmm, Ok.  I thought I heard "internally" they were downgrading Bruce Allen's role in the organization. Probably wrong. My source was a Geocities site run by Zoony. A majority of the content is inappropriate for humanity, but there were some interesting NFL insider bits, occasionally.

I think Allen is smart enough to want to distance himself from personnel moves in the view of the outside world, for sure. That's how you skip accountability and keep your job forever. But that doesn't seem to be what's actually happening in the building in practice. 

One last thing, and it has to come down to coaching, why do we seem to have so many stupid penalties?  (I don't mean penalties in general, but that Nicholson late hit was a good example of what I am talking about.)  THis team has done NOTHING to deserve acting like that.  SOmeone needs to tell them that.

3 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Raise your hands if you want to see the REdskins win a division that is below .500, host a wild card game and be blown out by one of: New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay, or Seatle?  WHat no takers?

Winning a division is meaningless when its down.

I'm not sure what game you watched, but this team isn't winning anything, much less an 8-8 record. They'll be lucky to be 5-11. To be embarrassed like they were tonight reflects directly on the coaches, and it trickles down to the players.

The players are tired of the same old **** week in and week out, they want good coaching, good leadership, but all they get is a half-game coach at best.

A clear display of mediocrity. I've lost all if any faith in Gruden. We didn't bother going down field until we were down by 30. A team ranked 30th in pass D. Giving up 300+ yards a game and we don't even try them. We made their D look like the legion of boom. Thompson is the only weapon. We'd of had a better chance with AOL dialing up plays on either side of the ball. I just can't comprehend how this is what you put out there after a bye week. Just pathetic.

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

Which means Dan's exonerated. Unless, he's the final decision maker. He might be

Dan is exonerated from nothing, as he hires and currently employs whoever is the "final decision maker". Or the whole group if their isn't one and its the happy 'braintrust' they portray. 

4 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

to whomever said Josh probably blew up at halftime was the reason for his benching. even so, a little surprised Gruden took that route when players get pissed in the locker room all the time. I know his play wasn't great but im guessing Norman crossed the line. who ****ing knows.

There is some drama.

If any of the Skins beat reporters were worth a crap and not just twitter jockeys, we would know something

The good thing, I guess, is that if somehow this team actually tanks (it won't, we're always just good enough to ruin draft position and keep Gruden employed) and we're in position for a QB (I'm sure we won't be and it looks like a weaker class than '18 by far), Smith has a decently tradeable contract after another bridge year mentoring a rookie. 

That's not how it will go down, but it COULD if things really fall to hell and we start over. 

9 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

I just want to know what happened to Jordan Reed? Was he hurt coming in the game or did the Saints shut him down? He’s a part of this offense, but no targets at all. 

He had one catch for 21 yards on two targets.

We've got one of the best pass catching TEs in the league, and target him twice? Absolute disgrace.

11 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Hmm, Ok.  I thought I heard "internally" they were downgrading Bruce Allen's role in the organization. Probably wrong. My source was a Geocities site run by Zoony. A majority of the content is inappropriate for humanity, but there were some interesting NFL insider bits, occasionally.

Hmmmm Geocities is still a thing..Zoony runs a site on there??? Who new???

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

There is some drama.

If any of the Skins beat reporters were worth a crap and not just twitter jockeys, we would know something

We have the least plugged in beat reporters in the entire NFL it seems like. Tandler is just someone's dad, his level of knowledge is basically the guy sitting next to you at the sports bar. Keim is probably the "best", but he offers really no behind-the-scenes knowledge and says nothing interesting. All of them get their lunches eaten by the national reporters on the smallest and largest of stories, but that's possibly just pettiness from the FO feeding the stories to anyone else. They just don't seem good at their jobs, and because they need constant content and clicks they put out the most boring, inane and repetitive articles that I assume someone must read but I don't know who. Oh, and they are very careful not to have too strong of opinions on anything controversial because they're trying to stay on the team's good side. 

10 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

Well, see y'all next Sunday.  Well I will be lurking  a little bit and staying away from most Redskins social media. It really lowers the sulkiness I used to get to.

I might have to unplug myself from this Matrix.  That fantasy world we live in that leads you to believe that the Redskins will show up to games and play with real effort.  Just face reality and lower expectations.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We have the least plugged in beat reporters in the entire NFL it seems like. Tandler is just someone's dad, his level of knowledge is basically the guy sitting next to you at the sports bar. Keim is probably the "best", but he offers really no behind-the-scenes knowledge and says nothing interesting. All of them get their lunches eaten by the national reporters on the smallest and largest of stories, but that's possibly just pettiness from the FO feeding the stories to anyone else. They just don't seem good at their jobs, and because they need constant content and clicks they put out the most boring, inane and repetitive articles that I assume someone must read but I don't know who. 

?

Ive had more interesting football conversations with my wife than anything Tandler or Keim have ever put out.

Grant Paulsen is worse than the 2 of them.  I think JP Finlay just wants to travel with the team and take pictures of his food

5 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Hmmmm Geocities is still a thing..Zoony runs a site on there??? Who new???

What are we talking about.  No seriously Shakalalken shamalamadingdong is smokin again

17 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

This!  Lol

Here's the sad truth. Gruden is not a leader of men. Its not his fault. Its his personality. There's something about this staff (and every staff we've had since Joe and maybe Marty) that just doesn't get the best out of players. So while I would say the common denominator is Snyder and Allen, I'd say its still up to the coaching staff. Its also fairly difficult to galvanize grown ass men. But that's the job of the ****ing coach!! Gruden is going to be fired this year. Hopefully, the Redskins will bring in a coach from the Bill Parcells tree, stay out his ****ing business and let him run the team.

Otherwise, just watch 'em from a distance.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I will say this.

There are a lot of Redskins fans flat out cursing at the end of this one in the post game interviews.  Jon Allen and Quinton Dunbar to name a few.  And you almost never see them get this upset.

These guys played at the highest level in high school and college, winning a lot of games.  I’m sure it’s demoralizing to lose like that when you are the only game on.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A reporter just asked Allen about Norman’s benching and he said he didnÂ’t even really notice, heÂ’s too locked in, etc.

It will creep out sooner than later.

since it seems the the beat guys play by the rules and dont like to rock the boat with any digging or speculation, it seems someone will have to put a mic in front of DJ's face. we know he'll let it rip lol

Just now, Redskins Reparations said:

I just back from the game and I can honestly say that I have never met a classier fan base than the New Orleans Saints. They truly know how to treat an opposing fans.

Wish I had the same experience in 2012. Bunch of drunks screaming "WHO DAT?!" at me constantly. Even after RG3 ripped them

Archived