Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

This team has been decent the past 3 years man. You are emotional. It's an ugly loss but we are still I  first place right now. Bad games happen. Especially in someone else's stadium while they are trying to set records.

I'm with you, but this was a blowout.

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

Sure, but I find difficulty faulting him more recently, than I did 10 years ago. The criticisms of his early reign as owner and "Dictator" were well researched and validated. But lately, he;s adopted the opposite mentality. He's placed complete autonomy in highly regarded people- They've ultimately failed. Not comfortable with pinning those failures on him. 

And that is correct - but it’s not the right narrative 

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

Sure, but I find difficulty faulting him more recently, than I did 10 years ago. The criticisms of his early reign as owner and "Dictator" were well researched and validated. But lately, he;s adopted the opposite mentality. He's placed complete autonomy in highly regarded people- They've ultimately failed. Not comfortable with pinning those failures on him. 

Idk man. The whole Scot McCloughan debacle. Was that all Bruce? If it was, Danny hired Bruce. Its been 20 years of pretty much the same results. 

6 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

This narrative has exhausted itself. Snyder has literally hired everything/everyone to "right the ship." He's given up all control to presumably competent people. I don't blame him anymore. 

Actually, we still haven't done the "hire a respected mind at GM and let him have complete organizational control, as well as personnel and HC control, from the get-go and get out of the way". McCloughan had red flags, came in after Gruden, and had control taken away when he started to allegedly self-destruct. That was the closest we got but it wasn't it, and Gruden and Allen had a say from the beginning anyways. 

3 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

This narrative has exhausted itself. Snyder has literally hired everything/everyone to "right the ship." He's given up all control to presumably competent people. I don't blame him anymore. 

I agree with you to a degree, but they had the opportunity to have Wade Phillips as DC, but turned away from him.

I can live with Snyder, but its Allen on down to the coaches is where my issues are.

Allen - totally incompetent, arrogant and ignorant.

Gruden - doesn't understand how to game plan, can't make halftime adjustments to save his life, poor decision-making, poor clock management.

Williams - a publicity hire, nothing more to say on that.

Manusky - another 'glory days' hire, the Panthers got rid of him and built a solid defense without him.

Callahan - ex Cowboy coach who happened to get a job with the players already there.

All of Gruden's relatives, sprinkled in the organization.

I'll stop there, im tired.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I like Jay...but off the bye weeks and on primetime games, his teams just don't show up.  Can't keep defending him.

This is where I am.  Club Jay is a real thing.  No accountability

Just to be ridiculously pollyanna-ish... The run defense did a pretty good job tonight. 

Five years into the Gruden regime and the best nickname for his team is probably the motto of Saturday Night Live--

Not ready for prime time.

11 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Okay that is some funny **** right there.

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Will not be watching our next Monday Night game this year- one Monday Night game is enough.  I will never get back the 3 hours I lost tonight.

Please say your joking and that we do not have another MNF game and please say it is not a home game!

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I like Jay...but off the bye weeks and on primetime games, his teams just don't show up.  Can't keep defending him.

And after halftime, they also don't show up. Weird, all the situations that depend on preparation and discipline, we fail. That's a hallmark of Gruden's teams here.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

"You hope for a more inspiring performance on MNF five years into a head coach's tenure, the Redskins have some plays they'd want back tonight but I'm sure in that locker room they'll all agree they need to do better, there's still a lot of season left." 

I hear stuff like that during blowouts all the time, it isn't critical so much as it's truthful. 

Yep. And assuming you and I are around the same age, we're on the receiving end of those blowouts more often than not. 

Caps play again Wednesday. 

6 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

I agree, I am getting tired of the NFL putting the skins on night games, any night game.  We are a Sunday at 1:00 PM team at best.

More like we are a Wednesday morning at 6:30am team. We should be legaly obligated to play while the people of this city are either sleeping or sitting in traffic at 495, sipping coffee and pondering how the hell is there a traffic jam while the Sun is still not even out.

Archived