Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

This narrative has exhausted itself. Snyder has literally hired everything/everyone to "right the ship." He's given up all control to presumably competent people. I don't blame him anymore. 

Yet none of it has worked. The common denominator here is Snyder. 

The Saints better hope they lock up homefield advantage, because we know what happens when they go outside in the playoffs.

Also, are they that concerned with Brees getting TD pass #500 tonight that they are willing to risk Brees taking a freak hit in garbage time?   Why is he still out there, pumping his fists like this game wasn't decided two and a half quarters ago?

4 minutes ago, Napredskins1 said:

Can we start a petition to have the league not put us on prime time games ever again. How many Monday night games have we won in the last 20 years?

we didn't even have that much luck before that.  The Body Bag game was a Monday Night game

5 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

This narrative has exhausted itself. Snyder has literally hired everything/everyone to "right the ship." He's given up all control to presumably competent people. I don't blame him anymore. 

TruthÂ… How many more years does Snyder have to keep Allen and Gruden to prove to more competent person now that heÂ’s worth working for. If nothing else heÂ’s been pretty damn patient the past 5 plus years

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Witten somehow complimenting the spirit of our team as we get walloped by 3 TD's, because we are scoring some early garbage time points. Yeah, this team screams fire tonight Witten you dope

He played with Dak Prescott.  275 passing yards in 3 qtrs is epic offense for Dak.

2 minutes ago, Napredskins1 said:

Can we start a petition to have the league not put us on prime time games ever again. How many Monday night games have we won in the last 20 years?

What is our record in general over the last 25 years?  Can’t be markedly better....

9 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

What else is he going to say. The broadcasters have to come off as somewhat unbiased. Commendable job to find any silver lining for the Skins tonight. 

"You hope for a more inspiring performance on MNF five years into a head coach's tenure, the Redskins have some plays they'd want back tonight but I'm sure in that locker room they'll all agree they need to do better, there's still a lot of season left." 

I hear stuff like that during blowouts all the time, it isn't critical so much as it's truthful. 

Just now, Bonez3 said:

Sleep on this... We let McVay walk. 

Way to get the team ready skinny boy

There's always been talent on the staff, but unless he's one of Bruce's guys, he's not going to get a shot.  Kudos to Sean for getting out of this toxic mess and he's got a shot at something big this year

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Cover 1 time to start blitzing heavy as they are running up the score on us. Lets dictate if they score or not.

Not sure why they didnt go to that at the start of the second half. No pressure all game. Just letting Brees sit back there comfortably. Might as well have just handed him the record. 

This is seriously disgusting.  

Okay, it's just one game, but when will Gruden's Skins step up their game to compete at an NFL playoff level?   I can't imagine how the team and the coaches are going to explain away this terrible Skins performance.  Gruden need to say more than him willing to "take his hat off to the New Orleans Saints" -- the guy has been doing that so often, I'm wondering if he's developing a bald spot!

No doubt about it, this was a MAJOR failure by the Skins.  ...And there are tougher games ahead! ?

Archived