Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Redskins at Saints

TK

Just now, zoony said:

Thats hilarious!  Did you hear the one about the horse that walked into a bar?

Did he say “ow”?

Or did he give a long drawn out explanation on how the last time this franchise won 11 games was TWENTY ****ING SEVEN YEARS AGO!?!?!?

sorry. Anger. :ols:

Just now, KDawg said:

Did he say “ow”?

Or did he give a long drawn out explanation on how the last time this franchise won 11 games was TWENTY ****ING SEVEN YEARS AGO!?!?!?

sorry. Anger. :ols:

You just spoiled the punchline for shakalaken ?

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Can someone recap Gruden's sure-to-be-uninspiring press conference? Just the bullet points of deer in headlights uselessness will be fine. 

We all know what he says;

gotta do a better job, me, the coaches, the players, we weren't prepared tonight. We have a lot of good players on this team, just gotta do a better job of getting them the ball.

[ after a question ] um, I dunno; I thought we had a pretty good game plan, and Drew Brees is good, no doubt about it, but we just gotta play better.

Wash rinse repeat, especially after a MNF game.

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Brice Allen is not competent. 

Agreed. Time and data have confirmed. But the hire, at the time, incited optimism( albeit following a depressing Zorn era). Allen does possess a certain panache and greasiness, that has utility within an NFL environment. Roster construction? No chance, but reports seem to indicate he's far removed from those decisions. 

Just now, skins island connection said:

We all know what he says;

gotta do a better job, me, the coaches, the players, we weren't prepared tonight. We have a lot of good players on this team, just gotta do a better job of getting them the ball.

[ after a question ] um, I dunno; I thought we had a pretty good game plan, and Drew Brees is good, no doubt about it, but we just gotta play better.

Wash rinse repeat, especially after a MNF game.

You forgot the classic "I gotta watch the tape" 

11 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Yep.  Don't know if it is normal but Stroman and Settle were in Blacksburg Saturday night for the VT/ND game.  I know that is normal during a bye week but 48 hours before a huge game players are doing personal travel?  Would think meetings/walkthroughs would be pretty normal but nope guess players can go do what they want 48 hours before a NFL game. 

Meh... not as bad as the NY Giants'  party boat trip during the week of a playoff game. 

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Today was deflating, thought we'd play a whole lot better.  The D was invisible, besides Payne and Kerrigan. Invisible. Wow epic DB coverage breakdowns. 

Very little Pass Rush, no adjustment to bring heat and press. Manusky got worked.  Alex played his worst game. Still waiting for him to breakout a bit. Consumed by the moment... Oline was totally manhandled.  Our WR's continue look completely pedestrian out there. No burst from anyone.  In the end we are 2-2, need to keep perspective..

I literally cannot believe people are talking about firing Gruden without looking first at the guy who is a much bigger problem; Manusky.  He is badly out of his element, like Jim Zorn bad.  

2 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Agreed. Time and data have confirmed. But the hire, at the time, incited optimism( albeit following a depressing Zorn era). Allen does possess a certain panache and greasiness, that has utility within an NFL environment. Roster construction? No chance, but reports seem to indicate he's far removed from those decisions. 

What? He told Doug Williams to stay off his phone and wait and see what happens the night before we made the Alex Smith trade. He's got a bigger role in big personnel decisions than our fake non-GM GM, at least. Again, he was involved with trading for and paying our new "franchise QB" and kept it a secret from Doug Williams, allegedly our top personnel guy. 

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Only thing that struck me was toward the end of Gruden's presser when asked about Norman. He clearly benched him for performance. He called one of the plays that had two Saints wide receivers open "an embarrassment." 

Hey, great! You kept the corner we should have traded this past offseason... then you bench him form performance while you leave Nicholson and Smith out there. Genius. The team is really going to buy in to you benching a guy who hasnÂ’t been great but didnÂ’t have near the level of awful on him as Nicholson or Smith.

This whole thing irks me.

If that is true, his disdain for having a true GM puts him squarely in the center of this poop show.

Roster construction? No chance, but reports seem to indicate he's far removed from those decisions. 

Dude went and traded for Alex Smith in the middle of the night, while nobody else in the FO or coaching staff had any idea about it.  Not only that, but doing this when he did surrendered any last shred of leverage with Cousins.  That was Bruce Allen, not Doug or Jay or whomever.

1 minute ago, RedskinsSerbia said:

I’m gonna go ahead and guess that your best bet is reddit nfl streams. Find some good wifi and you should be good. 

Damn you've really got it out for zoony huh? Give the man some rest from this ****show

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Only thing that struck me was toward the end of Gruden's presser when asked about Norman. He clearly benched him for performance. He called one of the plays that had two Saints wide receivers open "an embarrassment." 

Funny!  I thought pretty much the entire game was an embarrassment! 

Archived