Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cardinals Prediction Thread: 2018 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I kidna think the 'Skins are striving for 0-0-16.  Which is the equivalent of 8-8 without actually winning anything...

Don't discount that 0-0-16 VoR, Murphy's Law and all that. (I believe that you're a numbers guy? So probably know probabilities) :) 

<Edit> Forget that last bit, I'm a dumbass, I think I've confused you with ThinkingSkins!

I am usually one of the more positive people, especially when the season is starting, but I got this really bad feeling last night I was watching our game a few days early with us being Atl and AZ being Philly. Matt Ryan looked an awful like Alex Smith has in similar situations and we do not have Julio Jones - at least not that we know of yet and not sure our D is as good as Alt - at least not yet. 

I truly hope I am wrong. Maybe they will surprise me in a good way for once. 

On 9/4/2018 at 4:51 PM, Burgold said:

I worry about the Redskins being overconfident because they have a history of not backing up their talk. I want them to come out hungry and not flat thinking once again an “inferior” opponent will roll over for them. 

I can see certain players thinking they are superior to the player they have to face on a given Sunday, but I can't imagine this team feeling superior to another team.  They have had no season in recent memory where this team should ever feel overconfident against any team.  

So, if they have loss games due to that mindset, one word comes to my mind:  delusional.

19-16... someone. Not exactly sure who wins this one yet haha.

I have a feeling it is going to be really ugly and filled with field goals and penalties -- similar to last night's game. Usually in tight games like this, I'd take the better QB, and Alex Smith is far superior to Bradford. But the Cardinals also have game changers on their team that we can't compete with. Just as easily as I could see Alex Smith leading the team down the field for a late game field goal, I could see Patrick Peterson with some sort of forced turnover or punt return for a TD.

3 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

I can see certain players thinking they are superior to the player they have to face on a given Sunday, but I can't imagine this team feeling superior to another team.  They have had no season in recent memory where this team should ever feel overconfident against any team.  

So, if they have loss games due to that mindset, one word comes to my mind:  delusional.

The team certainly feels they’re superior to the eagles and falcons, judging by that stupid tweet last night :P 

1 minute ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

40+ year old man here giddy for Sunday like I'm 9 years old waiting for Christmas morning, Anyone else ?It's not only the Skins at 4'oclock but all the games. Nothing like week 1

In a very similar boat, but I'm trying to distract myself in little ways to avoid the anxiety of it. Being here, very counter intuitive to the effort.  ?

28 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

40+ year old man here giddy for Sunday like I'm 9 years old waiting for Christmas morning, Anyone else ?It's not only the Skins at 4'oclock but all the games. Nothing like week 1

Yeah I am super anxious for the season to start but thankfully there is stuff going on this weekend to fill up all of the time until the game.

44 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The team certainly feels they’re superior to the eagles and falcons, judging by that stupid tweet last night :P 

What was the tweet, by the way? and it must have been signed by all players on the roster with conclusions like this, yes? 

28 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Agreed! But for me, last night was like Christmas morning for me. I guess Sunday means i get two Christmases this weekend :D 

sunday I’m going to be kicking back, eating chipotle for lunch, and switching between bills/ravens and giants/Jaguars, and then watching our game. 

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

What was the tweet, by the way? and it must have been signed by all players on the roster with conclusions like this, yes? 

The tweet basically said hey Falcons and Eagles, we are ready to ruffle your feathers this season. I admit, I kind of rolled my eyes at that. Lets win some games first this season before our social media team decides to talk trash.

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

It said “hey @ eagles and @ falcons, we’re excited to ruffle your feathers at FedEx Field this season!”. Not exactly something you want your team (who almost never makes the playoffs) to be tweeting to teams that are better than them ??

I really have no clue.  I can’t remember an opener or other game when I don’t feel able to even venture a guess.  I don’t feel I know what the offense or defense is really like.  Can Alex and the receivers carry this team?  Will they get more help from running game and defense?  Norman getting drummed by Case Keenum wasn’t a confidence booster.  Norman is paid like a major support and he got flagged like a shrimp on the bus. AP looks like he will improve the running game and the Bama guy looks good so 24-20 Redskins.

No clue either.  I really didn't see enough of the Redskins starters during the preseason to get any sense of just how good (or bad) they are .  Moreover the Cardinals are as big a mystery to me as well . So, I'll just venture a guess and say 16-20 Cardinals.  ????

6 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

our social media team 

We have a social media team?

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

No clue either.  I really didn't see enough of the Redskins starters during the preseason to get any sense of just how good (or bad) they are .  Moreover the Cardinals are as big a mystery to me as well . So, I'll just venture a guess and say 16-20 Cardinals.  ????

As I never have or will predict the skins to lose...these are my exact feelings..

2 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

I really have no clue.  I can’t remember an opener or other game when I don’t feel able to even venture a guess.  I don’t feel I know what the offense or defense is really like.  Can Alex and the receivers carry this team?  Will they get more help from running game and defense?  Norman getting drummed by Case Keenum wasn’t a confidence booster.  Norman is paid like a major support and he got flagged like a shrimp on the bus. AP looks like he will improve the running game and the Bama guy looks good so 24-20 Redskins.

We (the fan base) have been offered nothing to indicate how they will perform.  With the same going for the opponent, as the Skins have not played enough from what they have put together this year to offer any sort of indicators.  Only speculation can be made at what we'll see in Week 1 from the Skins.  My perspective is that if they don't do something different, they'll get the same results. 

11 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

The tweet basically said hey Falcons and Eagles, we are ready to ruffle your feathers this season. I admit, I kind of rolled my eyes at that. Lets win some games first this season before our social media team decides to talk trash.

And when we do talk trash, lets not make it embarrassing puns that make us sound like a bad 80s cop show.

12 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

31 year old guy several thousand miles away and im exactly the same. I am ready for NFL season. It just needs to start already. 

Empathetically from a Cardinals perspective, what might they be thinking?

Sam Bradford hasn't played in a year.

David Johnson hasn't played in a year. 

Larry Fitz is the only Receiving threat and he catches every 3rd ball at this point in his career.  After that, they got nothing. 

Biggest issue last year, Offensive Line.  Week 1...most important position on OL is Center.  Cardinals are starting a rookie.  

For the last 39 years, there hasn't been a new Head Coach who has won their first game.  Steve Wilks debut is coming. 

.....If I'm a Cardinals fan, there's a lot more questions for me then if I'm a Skins fan.  

Sam Bradford and David Johnson are the offensive threats that need to be mitigated.   The Skins DL might very well be the most talented OL in Redskins History.  If David Johnson (regardless of his motivation for his first game back in a year) can't run through holes up the gut, then Zack Brown is just the type of speedy LB'er that you want to catch Johnson laterally.  

Bradford doesn't avoid sacks all that well.  Combine the real threats of Johnson and pressuring Bradford, I'd be game planning to have Norman man up on Fitz and pressure the QB all day long!!!  Make the Cardinals beat you in the air.  If they do, fine.  Hats off to the rookies and second year receivers that fill out the rest of the Cardinals receiving corps.  

For the Skins on offense...pretty easy math here.  AD (All Day).  Throw on the first play of the game as scripted with Reed healthy and Crowder/Richardson crossing in the gaps.  Then run the gut..over and over and over in that +100F heat.   Granted the skins have been getting work in the heat plus humidity.  For all intent and purposes, heat is one thing, but from a guy who's spent 20 years in Florida and lives in Bangkok, it's all about the humidity brother!  You can cool yourself down after your hot...you can't rehydrate in 15 min. without an IV.  

If I'm a Cardinals Fan...I'm not sleeping going into Week 1.  

18 hours ago, Chachie said:

David Johnson carved us up, chewed us, and spat us out the last time we faced him.

12/4/2016

18 carries

84 yards 

1 TD

9 receptions

91 yards

1 TD

Jeez I hope we can contain that guy this time.

Yeah he beat us up pretty badly. But that was a much less talented defense. No Allen, Payne, Z. Brown, Swearinger, Nicholson, Ioannidis, etc. That 2016 defense was one of the absolute worst we’ve had in franchise history, especially with 3rd down conversions. Look at our roster: we started RJF, Baker, Z Hood, Compton, D Ihenacho...

I’m looking forward to this new defense come Sunday!

Archived