Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cardinals Prediction Thread: 2018 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not buying the dry heat thing here.  107 degrees to me feels like 107 degrees.  And I am coming from South Florida, where I know heat.    Lot of Redskins fans here.  At the hotel, restaurants, everywhere.  When I was getting a bite to eat I had a Vikings fan right in front of me with a Kirk #8 Jersey with U like that on the back of it.  Not sure if that's a sign for tomorrow good or bad? ?

Dude there is a major major difference tho I've never been there haha between 107 in the south west and 107 in the south east...you can't breathe in 107 in the south east

54 minutes ago, Ashburn Dave said:

Gotta feeling that we're going to roll to a win today.  Don't know why just one of those feelings that everything goes right for Alex and he is on today.

But my true indicator will be my smoked pork butt being ready at 4pm.  If it's juicy then we win, otherwise we get rolled.

No way to predict this one with any certainty due to too many new variables.

41 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

For the love of all that is holy, cook with great care and precision!!!!

Not to fear, He's no Kirk Griller. 

27-14, Skins. Defense is surprising, Alex is capable, AP gets a hundo. 

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not buying the dry heat thing here.  107 degrees to me feels like 107 degrees.  And I am coming from South Florida, where I know heat.    Lot of Redskins fans here.  At the hotel, restaurants, everywhere.  When I was getting a bite to eat I had a Vikings fan right in front of me with a Kirk #8 Jersey with U like that on the back of it.  Not sure if that's a sign for tomorrow good or bad? ?

Dude there is a major major difference tho I've never been there haha between 107 in the south west and 107 in the south east...you can't breathe in 107 in the south east

10 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Cousins just bought the rights to 'You Vike That'...dude is too full of himself. 

Seemed strange that I'd stumble on a Kirk jersey of all things in Arizona.  Having said that, I am not among the Kirk haters (not saying you are). As I said in another thread if a big performance for Kirk this season spells the demise of Bruce heading personnel -then I am rooting for him to have an epic season for the ages.  If there is no tie to Kirk's season and Bruce, then I don't care.

I am among those who think Alex is a downgrade albeit slight one from Kirk.  Hate the trade because I don't think this is a go for the gold roster.  But hope I am pleasantly surprised about the full roster and they can battle for the big dance.  My main issue with the Alex deal is his age.   But I admit Alex is a big wildcard to me.  I think he's a good QB not a great one.  But like most good QBs he's capable of great performances -- and unlike Kirk -- Alex's better performances tend to come early in the season.  So I hope he has some magic today in him.  I still think today will be about (hopefully) Adrian Peterson having a big game.  The D line should be able to handle this O line, too. 

54 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Im nervous about Alex Smith today, Someone tell me everything is going to be alright. ?

He will be fine by the 2nd quarter, towards the end.  He will just hand off to AP and throw a few screens to Reed and to CT out of the backfield,   Things will get fun towards the end of the 2nd and through the rest of the game.   

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Having lived in both desserts and swamps, the biggest difference is cool down time. In the dessert, I could walk into my house or get in the shade and cool down and be dry in a few minutes.  In the swamps, I would still be hot and sweaty 15 minutes after getting into my air conditioned house. So for example, I remember playing ball in say southeast Florida and having to go inside the house to take breaks.  In the dessert, I'd just go into the dugout to cool down. Thing is, dehydration was much easier in hot and dry,

I'd say the burden is on the homers today.  This game is far from a gimmie.  But if they lose today -- the context is not hot with their recent history of losing openers and the schedule post the Colts game gets tough.  I think they win though.

I guess am typically classified among the haters because I am not a Bruce guy to say the least and I don't think this is a killer roster.  But I consider myself somewhat in between the homers/haters.  I think the roster is a good one (when healthy) albeit not great one.  I can see the season going really well if they get certain breaks and also going south if they don't.  So am straddling the middle on this. ?  My window is right outside the stadium haven't left yet but I can see lots of Redskin fans in the parking lots already.  Breakfast today was overrun with Redskins fans.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, tmandoug1 said:

Skins 28

Cards 6

AP over 100....

AS over 300 and 3 TD's. 

Well, you were the closest, so :headbang:.

I guess Johnson was carrying all of his money with him because he was a non-factor. He had, what, something like 76 total yds?

I'm glad Jay broke the opening day losing streak, but when the opponent has Sam Bradford its not much of a challenge...

14 hours ago, nonniey said:

Heading to the game - hopefully the Redskins will remain undefeated in games I attend. 

Guess I need to attend more of these if they always win when I'm there .  Great seats (on 25 yard line/ Skins side just 6 back from the field) and more Skins fans than Card fans were in the area I sat in (Whole lot through out the stadium - it would not surprise me if a quarter to a third of the fans were Skins fans. 

Archived