Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cardinals Prediction Thread: 2018 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

10 minutes ago, jjpomeroy said:

Can't sleep on Bradford - look at his opener last year 27 - 32 346 yds 3TDs 0 INT 143.0 rating.  He was on fire......

I imagine the skins will be playing to stop the run so a lot will be riding on Bradford.  They don't have the best O-line so have to hope there is an early (and often) meeting with Payne/Allen/Kerrigan....

Swearinger and AP both need to have big days against their former teams. 

Anyone know of any stats on new coaching staff win/loss records for their opener?

Offense runs through Johnson

While the Cardinals scout Washington, they'll first focus on their own game plan. A lot of that will start with David Johnson.

Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said early on in training camp that he expects the offense to revolve around the running back. Wilks didn't disagree.

"I said that we want to run the football, and I believe right now, the strength is in our offensive line, and we want to continue to set the tone up front," Wilks said.

"When there’s opportunities to be able to throw the football and go over the top, we want to make sure we’re giving the QB the time to do that. So, I wouldn’t question that at all. I think it does go through David."

When told Wilks said it would be a run-first offense, left tackle D.J. Humphries immediately lit up. 

"He said that?" Humphries said. "That's what it is then. That's what it is. I'm with it, too. That's it."

Humphries said that Johnson is a "superstar," but he's excited about Chase Edmonds and T.J. Logan as well. Anytime the Cardinals can direct traffic on the ground is good news in his eyes.

Johnson's exact usage will vary from game to game. 

"I don’t think you can really put a number on his touches," Wilks said. "It’s all versatile and based off the looks that we’re getting and the rhythm of the game."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2018/09/03/arizona-cardinals-roster-set-season-opener-vs-washington-redskins/1186682002/

32 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I imagine the skins will be playing to stop the run so a lot will be riding on Bradford.  They don't have the best O-line so have to hope there is an early (and often) meeting with Payne/Allen/Kerrigan....

Swearinger and AP both need to have big days against their former teams. 

Anyone know of any stats on new coaching staff win/loss records for their opener?

New head coaches kick our ass.. they'll lose to everybody else but us.. not trying to sound like a Negative Nancy

3 hours ago, Morneblade said:

And if Smith looks like he did against the Broncos and we loose? ;)

Oh we're GONNA lose. I just thought I'd provide some false hope.  ?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Offense runs through Johnson

That guy dismantled us in 2016 if I recall. I really really hope these d-line adjustments take effect early in the season. As in "game 1."

Can't lose to a rookie head coach in the opener....can't happen. Get the ball to Peterson, Reed, Thompson and Crowder and blitz the crap out of Bradford who can't move. Norman needs to neutralize Larry Fitz and the defense must stop the run. I expect big things out of AP and Alex Smith.....Skins 27, Cards 20.

TD each for AP, Reed and Crowder. Solid start for Alex. 4 sacks for the defense.

Well the line Vegas has on this one is Arizona by 1 point. This is a game played in AZ. On a neutral field this would be a game favored for us by 2 points. If this was played at home Vegas would have the line with us favored by 5. IMO this is a good time to pick the Redskins. Predicting we win by 4 points 21 to 17

14 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Jay keeps his perfect season opener streak alive "and people begin to question the Alex Smith trade" after a Kendall Fuller int. Gruden abandons the run, despite Peterson averaging over 5 ypc. 

20 - 13 Cardinals.

Bro where you been the past 10 months lol :cheers:

Unlike a lot of people apparently, I dont think we are worse than last year, especially with all of the guys back healthy that we didnt have. Easier schedule than last year, I say we start off with a win against the Cardinals and the Colts. We have shown we can beat the Packers, but that one is up in the air.

6 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Were gonna get eviscerated by the packers. 

Why? Simply because of swapping Kirk for Smith? Or are you saying our defense is worse than it has been the last couple of years?

The Packers as a team are not good, Rodgers makes them contenders every year so its of course going to be difficult just because of him. But we beat them last time with him so I dont see any reason why we wouldnt have a good chance again this year.

47 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Why? Simply because of swapping Kirk for Smith? Or are you saying our defense is worse than it has been the last couple of years?

The Packers as a team are not good, Rodgers makes them contenders every year so its of course going to be difficult just because of him. But we beat them last time with him so I dont see any reason why we wouldnt have a good chance again this year.

Im saying that due to the fact that he put the work on us in the no huddle and gashed us up last time i remember plus hes only gotten better as a qb. I feel like alex smith is a slightly better mark brunell. But i hold 0 expectation to beat the packers.

17 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Im saying that due to the fact that he put the work on us in the no huddle and gashed us up last time i remember plus hes only gotten better as a qb. I feel like alex smith is a slightly better mark brunell. But i hold 0 expectation to beat the packers.

Yeah, and we still beat them, and our defense has gotten better. Unless you think our defense has gotten worse? Mark Brunell hasnt come close to Alex Smith's performance. The Packers defense was absolutely awful last year so even if you think Alex Smith isnt good, which would go against what even his detractors say, we can move the ball on them.

I dont expect to beat the Packers because Rodgers is good enough to go to the Browns and make them a contender. But I do expect us to have a good chance to beat them as well. Dont see any reason not to.

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah, and we still beat them, and our defense has gotten better. Unless you think our defense has gotten worse? Mark Brunell hasnt come close to Alex Smith's performance. The Packers defense was absolutely awful last year so even if you think Alex Smith isnt good, which would go against what even his detractors say, we can move the ball on them.

I dont expect to beat the Packers because Rodgers is good enough to go to the Browns and make them a contender. But I do expect us to have a good chance to beat them as well. Dont see any reason not to.

He got a serious toy in the off-season, and I honestly think we'll get abused by Graham, we usually get abuse by good TE's and he's one of the best. I don't think get that much pressure on Rodgers, because he'll move the pocket and buy time. We'll have to keep pace with points, and I don't think we'll be able to do so.

12 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

He got a serious toy in the off-season, and I honestly think we'll get abused by Graham, we usually get abuse by good TE's and he's one of the best. I don't think get that much pressure on Rodgers, because he'll move the pocket and buy time. We'll have to keep pace with points, and I don't think we'll be able to do so.

Sure, it will be a really tough game no doubt. I just dont agree with the idea that we will be shredded and have 0% change. We held Rodgers to 24 points last time, and their defense is pretty trash even when healthy, we will have a decent chance to win. But no overlooking the Rodgers factor.

The Cardinals defense is good and will be really tough but they are beatable, the key will be our DL dominating their OL. We need to do that to keep DJ from having a good game and pressure Bradford, if thats accomplished we win.

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

Sure, it will be a really tough game no doubt. I just dont agree with the idea that we will be shredded and have 0% change. We held Rodgers to 24 points last time, and their defense is pretty trash even when healthy, we will have a decent chance to win. But no overlooking the Rodgers factor, even though our defense is better then it was last time out.

The Cardinals defense is good and will be really tough but they are beatable, the key will be our DL dominating their OL. We need to do that to keep DJ from having a good game and pressure Bradford, if thats accomplished we win.

Archived