Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I could never be a politician. 

My response - instead of "True to Form" - would have been "Smarmy asshole."

I would've challenged him to a fight. :)

But seriously, when talking about Ted Cruz "true to form" and "smarmy asshole" are synonyms.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

There have been numerous studies demonstrating how fifth graders were able to successfully hack election computers. Don’t you think if the Kremlin was willing to invest dozens of billions into influencing the election in Trump’s favor that he would balk at a few hundred thousand to directly ensure he got what he wanted?

Not sure I believe this. Not sure I don’t. 

See, you have to be able to back up a claim that 2 million illegal votes were cast. When a Trumptard suggests that many illegal immigrants voted people lose their minds. Suggesting that Russian bots cast 2 million illegal votes for Trump without any evidence, how is that any different? The IC has stated that no election machines were hacked by the Russians, and the Senate Intel Committee stated that no vote totals were changed.  Don't you think every news outlet would be covering Russians voting for Trump in 2016?

Yeah, but they're wholly serious and me... I've twice now said that even I don't necessarily believe what I've written. The fact that you seem this up in arms about it makes me think you think it credible though.

I will add this thought. Trump launched an investigation into Democratic voter fraud headed by a noted voter fraud conspirasist. The only examples of fraud they found had been committed by Republicans. The only people who have been arrested and jailed for voter fraud in recent years have been republican.

The thing we find over and over again is that everything the Republicans accuse the democrats of doing is things that they are guilty of themselves. So, if Trump declares there were five million illegal votes... chances are they were for him.

Edited by Burgold
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I will add this thought. Trump launched an investigation into Democratic voter fraud headed by a noted voter fraud conspirasist. The only examples of fraud they found had been committed by Republicans. The only people who have been arrested and jailed for voter fraud in recent years have been republican.

Still admiring how Kilmer thought that what you said above was a good reason to criticize the democrats and that he was exposing liberal hypocrisy. The mind wobbles...

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Still admiring how Kilmer thought that what you said above was a good reason to criticize the democrats and that he was exposing liberal hypocrisy. The mind wobbles...

the democrats are always supposed to be the adults in the room (which I don't totally mind) while the republicans insist that what is good for the goose is not allowed for the gander (which I don't agree with)

Heck, apparently college aged dems even dancing in a recreation of the Breakfast Club is considered obscene while republican rape, sexual abuse, child abuse, etc. earns no repudiation whatsoever. The anti-PC Republicans cheer when Trump or his fellows use the F word and shout they're just keeping it real. Yet if a democrat uses the F word, they clutch their pearls and cry about decorum wail, "How shameful!"

It's why even though I personally don't believe in using profanity and try to treat all with respect I don't begrudge others having use of the same tools and words that are used against them.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

republicans insist that what is good for the goose is not allowed for the gander

No doubt about that. Near as I can tell, here are the things that the GOP wants the modern day "Republican" to believe in.

1. Anything we do is ok

2. Anything the democrats do is horrible (even if it is the same thing)

3. Nothing / whatever we say

4. The greatest virtues are blind loyalty, being completely full of ****, and not worrying about making even the slightest effort to hide it.

• Like 3

On 1/4/2019 at 2:54 AM, Destino said:

I don't believe that playing Trump's game, by which I mean responding to his nonsense with anger and insults, is a winning strategy.  The best way to defeat Trump is to ignore his noise and simply demonstrate the leadership this country needs.  I don't mean just by displaying any sort of decency and competency either, nor is it about being nice to Trump supporters.  It's about not taking the bait.  Trump couldn't go toe to toe with congressional interns on policy, let alone career politicians... but he never has to because whenever he's in a tough spot he just makes some weird faces and screeches out some dumb **** and suddenly everyone is talking about that. 

Imagine sitting at the table with your family and arguing anything at all.  Now imagine that every time you feel like you are losing the argument dump the plate of food on your own head and then insult someone at the table.  How many people after you do that are still focused on the previous argument?  None.  That's how Trump plays politics.  Insults at that point do not counter this strategy, they just feed right into it. 

Trump needs to be defeated by contrast.  By brilliance.  The sort that attracts attention in a different more substantive way and sells the public on a vision of tomorrow they want to live in.  One that benefits them but also moves us forward as a people.  Democrats need to put forward someone that's inspiring enough to largely ignore Trump and dazzle the dinner guests in such a way that when Trump dumps a bowl of soup on his head, no one turns to look at him.  They just hit him with the political equivalent of "that's nice dear" and maybe toss him a napkin. 

Then again, he may end up facing impeachment at some point.  That would be nice.

Exactly. He has been playing this game since the beginning. You cannot use the power of the One Ring against its master. This way of politics must be cast into the fires of Mount Doom.

• Like 3

If it isn't obvious,, they love hate more than they love anything.

I have an idea.

Get your liberal friends to start a campaign saying George Soros believes 100% that burning down your own house is a bad idea.

Buy some weenies and marshmallows for roasting. Tell your MAGAt neighbor he's done a great job stopping the Lib'rul agenda.

~Bang

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I would have expected more Pro-Trump ES members to show up in this thread. Are there so few supporters on this website?

Are there any that still post in Tail Gate? They are usually quickly run off. You'll just have to be satisfied with Never Trumper's -me and reluctant voters for Trump- TWA. Well in a pinch there is always Trythebeal who may be the only regular Tail Gate poster who enthusiastically voted for Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Every single loser in that video was chaperoned by the Catholic Church to DC to protest against abortions. 

Come to bully women, get an added bonus of bullying minorities. 

I read yesterday about how Gen Z is even more liberal than millennials and Gen X. But the 30% or so that approves of Trump, is this bunch. Still dont think we are prepared for the toxicity this group will unleash on the country when it grows up.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The old Native American man is a former Vietnam war veteran who comes to DC every year to visit Arlington National Cemetary. 

“We love our military” - the party of bone spurs loser Donald Trump. The Trumpian cancer brought to you by every person who voted for him and now enables him and this putrid political party.