Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

At this point, here is a Trump supporter:

Someone who simply doesn’t care about government.  Their main concern is making the Democrats looks bad.  Trolling is their method of communication and memes are their forte.  They have no real concern with ACTUALLY making America great again and couldn’t define it if you asked.  

• Like 3

The mother of a boy filmed harassing a Native American man along with his friends at a rally in Washington DC has blamed “black Muslims” for the confrontation, without providing any evidence for the claim.

The teenager was among a group of students wearing Make America Great Again hats who were criticised for intimidating the musician Nathan Phillips, surrounding him to jeer and chant “build the wall, build the wall”.

But his mother claimed “black Muslims” had been harassing the group of Donald Trump supporters from the private, all-male Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/maga-hat-donald-trump-native-american-covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-black-muslims-a8737186.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1ZWpTJgBALelErbZKGuiUv74neMl3p8R1E7GVdXoe63fqg7T4HF9RKi_k#Echobox=1547991120

I am done with "trying to understand" this irredeemable trash. You see where ****stain junior got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a laughably dumb article. The Black Israelite weirdos camp all over DC, spout nonsense and people just ignore and move by. 

In the full video linked in the article, it is obvious that the students were willingly engaging with these people. At one point, one of the black guys says something like “you built this country by shedding the blood of my people”, to which some of the students cheer on. To frame them as poor little kids being ganged up on by a bunch of scary black dudes is dumb AF and absolutely not supported by the video. One of the radical nutjobs even warns the students to back off and maintain distance at one point, saying they only want dialogue. 

“The kids were just showing solidarity with the old Native American man” - good one. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

There will be people who think this absolves the kids. The only thing the video shows is two groups of assholes.

That's the whole point of the article @twa posted imo. Shift blame away from the poor innocent white Catholic school boys. Which I find to be absolutely disgusting. 

So, let's just say that I have, hypothetically, learned over the last few years that most Trump supporters are either bigots themselves or accept bigotry as long as it's not directed towards white people. And let's say that I see a bunch of white kids walking around in a group all of which wearing maga hats. And let's say these boys are caught on video possibly harassing a minority with smiles on their faces. 

What am I supposed to think? 

Let's not bull**** ourselves here. 

• Like 8

Yeah, the kids mocking the Native American guy with the tomahawk chop that they do at the Atlanta Braves games.  Hooting and hollering, it's obvious when people are being snide and jerks.  That kid who stood there and stared, it wasn't a warm, inviting look.  Nice statement from the kid, though, I am sure people who will see what they want to see from that video will think he's an upstanding young citizen who'd never be a jerk.

That said, I'm not sure what Phillips hoped to accomplish by approaching that group of kids.  I wouldn't call him an aggressor as he didn't do anything threatening but I'm not sure what he was thinking.

Here's the Washington Post account of the encounter at the Lincoln Memorial. It was a bit more complicated than the initial viral video made it seem.  it was an ugly incident all around. The Black Hebrew Israelites didn't do their cause any favors during this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/picture-of-the-conflict-on-the-mall-comes-into-clearer-focus/2019/01/20/c078f092-1ceb-11e9-9145-3f74070bbdb9_story.html?utm_term=.93163dbb54af