Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Well, I’m not sure we need to cut McClain to sign someone, but yeah, we have no other June 1 cute looming that I can think of.  

I’m basing this on almost nothing, but I think McClain is a much better player than he showed last year.  He for sure wasn’t worth the money last year and I’m not sure he’d be worth it this year.  With that said, I wouldn’t mind retaining him for a while to see how the dline shakes out.  

11 hours ago, method man said:

I'm sick of all the Hankins talk - not happening.

The guy who we hear nothing about who just makes a ton of sense is Tre Boston. He's a very good young FS who continues to get better. I just don't trust Montae to stay healthy

Montae’s talent is too great for them not to give him a legit shot. I think he’s the most talented defender on roster. 

Injury is a concern though :/ Sucks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2755357-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-free-safeties-of-2017-season.amp.html

(7) Montae Nicholson -

Montae Nicholson was one of the bigger steals of the 2017 draft. Selected in the fourth round, he was an immediate impact player who was trending in a star direction before concussion symptoms ended his season in December. Nicholson is a big-time hitter with ridiculous range but has a reckless playing style that he'll need to change to stay on the field for 16 games. Not only does he make splashy plays in coverage, but he also takes away plenty of routes. The 22-year-old has a chance to be great.

(14) D.J. Swearinger -

Swearinger was best when rookie Montae Nicholson was on the field, allowing him to roam in the box. He was still good at free safety, but the duo was deadly. Though he can miss tackles, he's an excellent run defender and can also cover underneath. The six-year veteran is reliable at every level and was a great free-agent pickup for Washington in 2017.

12 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2755357-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-free-safeties-of-2017-season.amp.html

(7) Montae Nicholson -

Montae Nicholson was one of the bigger steals of the 2017 draft. Selected in the fourth round, he was an immediate impact player who was trending in a star direction before concussion symptoms ended his season in December. Nicholson is a big-time hitter with ridiculous range but has a reckless playing style that he'll need to change to stay on the field for 16 games. Not only does he make splashy plays in coverage, but he also takes away plenty of routes. The 22-year-old has a chance to be great.

(14) D.J. Swearinger -

Swearinger was best when rookie Montae Nicholson was on the field, allowing him to roam in the box. He was still good at free safety, but the duo was deadly. Though he can miss tackles, he's an excellent run defender and can also cover underneath. The six-year veteran is reliable at every level and was a great free-agent pickup for Washington in 2017.

I agree that Montae is a beast but he has Reed-itis. DJ should not have been #14 for FSs - he should be lower. Average FS, beast of a SS

Boone for LG, although I think we could look at Lava Man again...Bowman for LB....wonder if DRC gets another look, could do with another DB, he and Scandrick could back-up / cover safety duties too.

Oh and Hankins on a one year deal. Let's go all in DL and ditch the dead wood.

Hankins just not happening at this point, it looked dead after Payne and with Settle in the mix too he simply has no value in DC and again he has yet to give any indication he has moved off his original demands of a multi year deal averaging 10m per year.  Boone definitely could be worth a look but Bowman looks done to me.  Would like to see them bring in Reid for depth but I think Snyder is one of the more Trumpian owners and likely to veto anyone who has been linked with the anthem protests.

7 minutes ago, BLEED-B&G said:

Show you what? He’s been here his whole career.

Had a foot infection with grafting, off many teams radar. Bring him in, prove he is still able to play at high level and he has his head on straight. I don't see him getting more than 4 mil/ year deal anywhere else, might as well come to a system he knows. 

1 minute ago, Bonez3 said:

Had a foot infection with grafting, off many teams radar. Bring him in, prove he is still able to play at high level ands head on straight. I don't see him getting more than 4 mil/ year deal anywhere else, might as well come to a system he knows. 

Once you move on you move on. If they had offered him a low deal and he refused it that might be different. But they did not even make him an offer. They decided to move on. To me that says Torrian Gray and Manusky have said no thanks at any price.

18 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Once you move on you move on. If they had offered him a low deal and he refused it that might be different. But they did not even make him an offer. They decided to move on. To me that says Torrian Gray and Manusky have said no thanks at any price.

Disrupted the locker room after Norman signing. I like these coaches who won't tolerate that "I-Me first" BS. Bree lost me acting the way he did

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO don't need Hankins anymore.  IMO we need Cromartie.  He's an above average nickel CB and outside corner.  We have relatively unknowns at both spots.

I don't know, it's all provided Payne and Settle are as good as advertised.  

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I don't know, it's all provided Payne and Settle are as good as advertised.  

I think Payne is bust proof (injuries aside) , with a good cieling also. Settle if he can not be fat and lazy will be and nasty disruptive DT also. Thats pretty good odds that one of the two works out well. 

2 hours ago, method man said:

I know we haven't signed all these picks yet but assuming we sign them at market rates for their slots, how much cap room are we left with (when you remove the amount you keep in reserve to sign street FAs in-season to replace IR'ed guys)?

About 10 million provided we dont cut anyone

Archived