Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

3 minutes ago, carex said:

preferably Payne is the pick slightly later in the teens

Oh I don't want him. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about the former Alabama players chatting him up to Bruce this off season and there is a history of taking guys like that which is why my official pick tomorrow is Payne.

I just think any Hankins deal is dead, and Vita is more likely gone by 13 and while I just speculated that Barkey could be in play for us tomorrow ultimately I think Payne is the pick. If I had my way I'm with you, trade down and get Payne later but I don't see any trade senarios that make sense for them to get anything done like that unless someone wants to draft the Bama receiver to jump in front of the Cardinals target but behind us is the Packers who aren't looking for a receiver so they could get the trade. Our best shot at trading down tomorrow is Calvin Ridley imo. 

8 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Oh I don't want him. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about the former Alabama players chatting him up to Bruce this off season and there is a history of taking guys like that which is why my official pick tomorrow is Payne.

I just think any Hankins deal is dead, and Vita is more likely gone by 13 and while I just speculated that Barkey could be in play for us tomorrow ultimately I think Payne is the pick. If I had my way I'm with you, trade down and get Payne later but I don't see any trade senarios that make sense for them to get anything done like that unless someone wants to draft the Bama receiver to jump in front of the Cardinals target but behind us is the Packers who aren't looking for a receiver so they could get the trade. Our best shot at trading down tomorrow is Calvin Ridley imo. 

it's entirely possible one of the six QBs is still there at 13 and f only one then someone would probably be willing to trade up.

4 hours ago, redskindan07 said:

According to New York Jets Central @IGNYJetsCentral on twitter Jonathan Hankins is expected to his decision today with the Skins and Jets being the front runners. Should be interesting, I wonder if it's us would that rule out Payne/Vea being the selection?

Yeah, this guy has about 40 followers. He's talking out of his but

9 minutes ago, carex said:

it's entirely possible one of the six QBs is still there at 13 and f only one then someone would probably be willing to trade up.

I don't think that 6 QBs go in the first round. But if someone actually thinks that the Cardinals will take the 4th QB off the board (I have the Browns, JETS and the Bills taking the first 3 off the board) knowing that the Packers won't take a QB why wouldn't the team moving up trade with the Packers instead of us which would cost that team less then moving up to 13 provided they want to move back?

The Packers are a blocker of any trades we might be able to do backwards if they want to trade because they don't need a QB, they don't need a RB, and they don't need a WR and teams are going to trade up for an offensive weapon. The Cardinals are likely taking the 4th QB off the board having only a one year investment into Sam Bradford, or they are going to take the 1st WR off the board being that it's Larry's last season and they lost both Browns in free agency.

Which is why I think it's more likely we trade up and not backwards tomorrow only if it means we get Barkley. To me Barkley is the only guy the team would move up for and only if the cost isn't much

As much as we want to trade down I think the Packers screwed us being at 14 so at least in round one that's not going to happen.

So to me there won't be a Hankins signing and we take Payne in the first round. All a guess but with the draft tomorrow and people talking about Hankins today just sharing an opinion. 

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

If Vea is gone by 13, that probably means somebody like Fitzpatrick, James, or Edmunds is sitting there.  Maybe they're too good to pass up, or somebody thinks they're worth moving up for.

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ed Werder

Yup. Ravens needed a multi-year deal to fit under the cap, Dez Bryant wanted a 1-year. Baltimore wanted him, Bryant wasn’t ready to commit.

Ian Rapoport added,

Ed WerderVerified account @EdwerderRFA
Source: Former #Cowboys WR Dez Bryant turned down a multi-year offer from the #Ravens. He apparently wants a big 1-year deal and chance to secure bigger long-term contract as a UFA from beginning in 2019.

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

I don't think that 6 QBs go in the first round. But if someone actually thinks that the Cardinals will take the 4th QB off the board (I have the Browns, JETS and the Bills taking the first 3 off the board) knowing that the Packers won't take a QB why wouldn't the team moving up trade with the Packers instead of us which would cost that team less then moving up to 13 provided they want to move back?

The Packers are a blocker of any trades we might be able to do backwards if they want to trade because they don't need a QB, they don't need a RB, and they don't need a WR and teams are going to trade up for an offensive weapon. The Cardinals are likely taking the 4th QB off the board having only a one year investment into Sam Bradford, or they are going to take the 1st WR off the board being that it's Larry's last season and they lost both Browns in free agency.

Which is why I think it's more likely we trade up and not backwards tomorrow only if it means we get Barkley. To me Barkley is the only guy the team would move up for and only if the cost isn't much

As much as we want to trade down I think the Packers screwed us being at 14 so at least in round one that's not going to happen.

So to me there won't be a Hankins signing and we take Payne in the first round. All a guess but with the draft tomorrow and people talking about Hankins today just sharing an opinion. 

that assumes only one more team looking for a QB tries to trade up.  If both the Skins and the Packers aren't picking QBs and someone trades up to 14 for a QB pick then the other team that wants a QB can jump them.  It's why KC and Houston had to trade so far up to get QBs last year

I am absolutely sure we're not getting Barkley(unless he falls to 13 somehow) and I doubt they'd even try

3 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Our best shot at trading down tomorrow is Calvin Ridley imo. 

Maybe the Ravens get itchy at 16. 

Unless DJ Moore's stock has risen to where teams are content to stand pat and just take him later if Ridley doesnt slide.

Update on our cap situation. Looks like we may be rolling monies into 2019, which isn't the worst idea in football given Scherff, Preston and Crowder. Nobody signed Breeland yet?? Get him in here for a 1 year show me deal.

21 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

It is the not the type of move that we are use to or some of us are in favor of. However, I think being able to resign our own players rather then signing a free agent just looking for a payday is a smart move.

I think Scherff is a given that you must resign.

I think Preston Smith and Jamison Crowder are not guys that you break the bank for and reward with a huge extension.  Sure, I'd like to extend both players.  But not for deals that make headlines.

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Today is the day Hanky Panky signs the 3/$21.5 contract and then we get to enjoy the draft.  Crab legs and shrimp tonight......... 

I hope that your scenario comes to fruition but I think it is highly unlikely at this point.  If a deal were to get done probably would have happened by now. I look for Skins to take Vea or Payne at 13 spot.

Bam!! Dj swearinger talk around the cooler!!! Lol

16 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Today is the day Hanky Panky signs the 3/$21.5 contract and then we get to enjoy the draft.  Crab legs and shrimp tonight......... 

And for some baked taters and french fries..

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think Scherff is a given that you must resign.

I think Preston Smith and Jamison Crowder are not guys that you break the bank for and reward with a huge extension.  Sure, I'd like to extend both players.  But not for deals that make headlines.

Couldn’t agree more with this post, especially Crowder. 

Teams don’t win by spending big bucks on the outside, especially in the slot. 

Smith depends a lot on what kind of year he has and what kind of year Anderson has as well. 

Yeah, I know people on here are all over the 2 safeties in the draft, but unless they really are going to be the next Sean Taylor, with both Swearinger and Nicholson coming on I dont see the point.  At that point I would rather trade back and grab someone that will inevitably drop if those 2 safeties are as good as people think.

50 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Yeah, I know people on here are all over the 2 safeties in the draft, but unless they really are going to be the next Sean Taylor, with both Swearinger and Nicholson coming on I dont see the point.  At that point I would rather trade back and grab someone that will inevitably drop if those 2 safeties are as good as people think.

Somewhat goes a little beyond my football acumen, but it appears the NFL is evolving into a league where a guys like James and Fitz can have big time roles in nickel packages. It seems defense is becoming positionless at some spots. Meaning, corner, S or Linebacker are a wash at some points in games. 

I can see see either of those guys having day 1 roles next season without impacting playing time of DJ or Nicholson (who I think is the best defensive player on roster). 

My background being basketball, I like to relate to the evolution of the NBA and positions mattering less in today’s game. 

57 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

All reports I've seen show both these guys being able to play any position in the secondary, which boosts their values.  I'm not saying we SHOULD take one of them, but I believe the mentality would be that they would play a hybrid LB / S type role that Mattheu (sp?) does, and what we wanted Cravens to do.  We ran Nickle more than any other package last year (if i remember correctly) so a guy we can shift around, flex, move, and put in IN ADDITION to having DJ and Montae on the field would be big.  A guy who can be up near the line, can cover a TE, or can mirror a back out into the flat.  

Like I said, not sure I'm sold on taking one of them there, just stating the points I've heard that would back up the mentality of taking one of them there.  

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Heard the same rumor twice today from sources, but indicated it was a vague rumor floating around...

I don't know much other than it involved Gerald McCoy and the Redskins...

Anyone else hear this? Any truth to it?

That would be the obvious rumor to follow TKs earlier post...:kickcan:

Archived