Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

21 minutes ago, German_skin said:

I doubt we will sign anyone before the draft. Not sure any team will honestly. Now we are days away from the draft, so you might as well wait and see what you'll get in round 1-3.

As for Hankins, couldn't his leverage possibly increase if a team (let's say the Redskins) miss out on their #1 target on the DL (e.g. Vea is off the board at 13 and we pick a DB or LB). Now we still need DL help... unless they know they can find it in round 2, our need for a guy like Hankins increased. 

Not saying it would be smart for Hankins to wait, but he hasn't signed until now, I doubt a team will increase its offer 2 days before the draft... so he also might as well wait and hope a team misses out

His leverage goes down because the teams interested will have filled the spot with someone. May not be who they prefer but it will be a viable option as opposed to over paying for a FA. 

My guess is he will sign today or tomorrow unless teams have withdrawn their offers. The NFL frowns upon players or teams dominating the news cycle when they already have an event like the draft already scheduled. So I doubt anything happens Thursday. 

30 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

His leverage goes down because the teams interested will have filled the spot with someone. May not be who they prefer but it will be a viable option as opposed to over paying for a FA. 

My guess is he will sign today or tomorrow unless teams have withdrawn their offers. The NFL frowns upon players or teams dominating the news cycle when they already have an event like the draft already scheduled. So I doubt anything happens Thursday. 

I see your point, but like @bowhunter said, if the skins don't think a DT is worthy of a top pick or the one they want is gone they will not just draft one in round 5 and say he took Hankins "spot". Not sure a pick in round 4-7 will decrease the leverage of Hankins.  Round 1 and 2, sure. we don't have a 3rd rounder.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have their eyes set on a DT (saw rumors of Vea to Skins is the worst kept secret.. not sure if true) and if he's gone they call up Hankins and sweeten the deal. 

20 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Hankins value could also go up after the draft. It works both ways. If Washington spends there first 2 picks on BPA, then is left with 1 dimensional DTs to chose from in rounds 4-7, then Hank is once again in the drivers seat.

I believe you are looking at this in a vacuum. Right now he has leverage because there are multiple people wanting DTs. After the draft, that number will go down significantly - especially since what we are told it's down to us and the Jets. Also, just because they do not get a guy in the first two rds does not mean they have not filled the position. 

Another part of th leverage before the draft is it gives people options going into the draft if they feel they filled that hole. But if they were not spending X amount before the draft their offer is not going up. It only goes down. Fans may be desperate for a DT/NT but the team will not operate that way.  

Hankins does not get more leverage after the draft - period. Once they decide not to sign him before the draft, they have made a plan to move forward without him.  

I agree that Hankins loses leverage because if we were that desperate at this position but don't want to pay $8mil per year on multi year deal we would def choose a DT with our first pick.  If we do not then that position isn't forcing our hand so he won't be in any drivers seat at all.

1 minute ago, German_skin said:

I see your point, but like @bowhunter said, if the skins don't think a DT is worthy of a top pick or the one they want is gone they will not just draft one in round 5 and say he took Hankins "spot". Not sure a pick in round 4-7 will decrease the leverage of Hankins.  Round 1 and 2, sure. we don't have a 3rd rounder.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have their eyes set on a DT (saw rumors of Vea to Skins is the worst kept secret.. not sure if true) and if he's gone they call up Hankins and sweeten the deal. 

I agree if they draft someone late it may not reduce his value, but it's never going up after the draft no matter what they do. He will not be "in the drivers seat". At that point he will need a team more than the teams need him. 

Again, there is nothing that is going to happen in the draft to make them increase their offer. His only hope to get more money is to wait until TC and see if someone major gets injured. Then he could possibly get more money as a team may be desperate. But then he risks not getting a contract at all. 

Agian, once the draft happens the majority of the risk is on him. The teams have plans to move forward without him. 

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

My perfect scenario involves Margot Robbie and me in a hotel suite all weekend long, and after I emerge Monday morning exhausted and smiling, I find out that we traded back and picked up 12 additional picks all in the first 5 rounds, Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson are 100% healthy and ready to play, Kirk Cousins decided to retire and start up his own ministry in Utah, and unbeknownst to me someone bought me a lottery ticket that hit the $300M jackpot. Fingers crossed!

Can I go halfsies on this scenario with you?  No direct eye contact between us in the suite of course...

6 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

Can I go halfsies on this scenario with you?  No direct eye contact between us in the suite of course...

Can i go quartersies just to be in the suite?  I’ll look at my feet all night ans only eat 17 hot dogs and drink 41 beers I swear. 

16 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

10 hours ago, RabidFan said:

Can i go quartersies just to be in the suite?  I’ll look at my feet all night ans only eat 17 hot dogs and drink 41 beers I swear. 

1*rXy8-NplLdH0OgwXRQq-Tg.gif

41 minutes ago, redskindan07 said:

According to New York Jets Central @IGNYJetsCentral on twitter Jonathan Hankins is expected to his decision today with the Skins and Jets being the front runners. Should be interesting, I wonder if it's us would that rule out Payne/Vea being the selection?

Hope so, then we can go LG and RB with first 2 picks.

HTTR 

13 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Hope so, then we can go LG and RB with first 2 picks.

HTTR 

That would be great.  Looking at highlights of that LG Hernandez, he is a beast.  Would love to put him next to Trent and learn from the best. 

Would be great to trade back and get him  along with another 2nd or 3rd and get our RB and OLB/DB/WR

11 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

That would be great.  Looking at highlights of that LG Hernandez, he is a beast.  Would love to put him next to Trent and learn from the best.

Remember when people said if we wanted Scherff we should have traded back and picked him up later because #5 was too high? Giants wanted him, too, at #9 but went with Ereck Flowers instead since we grabbed Scherff.

Check out Flowers (#74) in the video below lol...good lort.

Seth KeysorVerified account @RealMNchiefsfan

Ragland says he started to feel like himself by the time the Chiefs played the Giants last year. Related: this is the 3rd play of that game. video

11:39 AM - 16 Apr 2018

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

:rofl89:

Guess he doesn't consider Chris T a running back....

He was joking. I listened to it this morning. Long story short he said he met Bibbs yesterday and Bibbs told him that he loved watching Cooley play and Cooley went on to say basically he’ll never have any bad grades on Bibbs anymore. In a joking way.

46 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Would be great to trade back and get him  along with another 2nd or 3rd and get our RB and OLB/DB/WR

Ya when I saw highlights of Hernandez he looks straight up NASTY. I would love to see him in a Skins uniform.

Regarding Saquon Barkley he could be in play for us tomorrow. I think he's going to fall further then people expect here's why

I don't get why so many people have the Browns getting Barkley tomorrow. Do these people not realize that the Browns just signed Carlos Hyde to a 3 year, 15 million dollar deal? They also have Duke Johnson. I think the chances they take Barkley is next to zero. 

He could be a Giant. They have questions at RB. but they just signed Jonathan Stewart and took Wayne Gallman in the fourth round last draft who had a decent end of season. I don't think they will take him either and instead go offensive line.

Next up is the JETS, while they could use him they moved up to take a QB. They won't take him either.

At #5 you have the Broncos. I think there is a real possibility he is picked here. They only have two RBs on the roster now and one is a converted WR. However if the Browns take a QB, and the JETs take a QB then I can see a team like the Bills moving up to take a QB at 5. I think the Broncos trade back to 12 and the Bills at 5 take a QB there. 

At 6 you have the Colts. They have questions all over the team. RB makes perfect sense but with so many holes I doubt they can justify a RB in the first round. 

At 7 you have Tampa. They like the Colts have question marks at RB and he would make sense here. The problem is everyone knows the Bucs main issue is offensive line. With no offensive line can they justify a RB in the first round in a deep class?

Then you have the Bears, the 49ers, the Raiders, and the Dolphins. All of which have an answer at RB. Which brings it to pick 12 and the Denver Broncos. 

I think there is a possible scenario tomorrow where the Redskins give up a future draft pick to move to 12 to get Barkley. It wouldn't surprise me to see something like this work out. Just speculating 

Archived