Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

13 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Giants to release Brandon Marshall, so hopefully that means we are out of the Des Bryant stakes.

HTTR 

Sounds like we were never in it to begin with, but this makes it even less likely, which is a relief.

Not sure which thread this belongs in.  It's kinda Off-season-ish

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/19/fan-gets-signed-dan-snyder-photo-in-response-to-plea-to-keep-kirk-cousins/

Fan gets signed Dan Snyder photo in response to plea to keep Kirk Cousins

When Washington fan Matt Fraedrich wrote a personal letter to Dan Snyder in December, what he was hoping to get out of it was a long-term commitment from the franchise to quarterback Kirk Cousins. What he actually got was something very different.

Fraedrich got a signed photograph of team owner Daniel Snyder.

“There wasn’t even a cover letter or anything,” Fraedrich told the Washington Post. “Just one photo of Dan Snyder, signed.”

What Fraedrich had asked for was for Snyder to keep Cousins around, something Snyder did not do.

“Please give Kirk Cousins a long-term deal that makes him happy to be Redskin, even if that means making him the highest-paid player in NFL history. Thank you,” Fraedrich wrote in his original letter.

Fraedrich said that’s all in the past and he’s now going to cheer for the team’s new quarterback, Alex Smith. But he referred to Snyder responding to his letter with an autographed picture of himself as ” kind of a jackass move.”

I’ll pass on signing 300 plus pound guys looking for their third team to anything other than 1 year. Keep the big fellas hungry and needing the next deal if they’re not in house guys the organizations knows on a “real level” (what makes him tick, work ethic etc..)

3 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

That's hilarious! It's unfortunate that he didn't see the humor in it. I suppose he'd rather be disappointed that a billionaire owner didn't take a stranger's advice on how to run his company. Or even take the time to offer an explanation! The scoundrel!

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I imagine the letter he wrote to Snyder didn't even make it to Snyder, someone in the front office just threw a autograph picture in an envelope and sent it to him...at least he got a response.

I would certainly assume as much :-)

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I imagine the letter he wrote to Snyder didn't even make it to Snyder, someone in the front office just threw a autograph picture in an envelope and sent it to him...at least he got a response.

Apparently, it was sent FedEx lol...wait 4 months to respond to a letter and then send it overnight.

3 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

I think asking for Snyder to give him tat sort of contract was kind of a jackass move.  Cousins was not going to be happy to be a Redskin.  Seriously, I think if the Skins had come out with some incredible contract offer he had to sign, he'd have put pen to paper and then started counting the days until his next free agency

18 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

That is brutal.

I get it, maybe the agents shouldnt love your gm.  But they should respect him and his preparedness.  Bruce is just a straight up pariah.

But Dan wants to win, man!

/****ing idiot

56 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Cooley who admits he's pals with Bruce talked about this yesterday.  Saying its devastating. Agents often dictate to their clients where to go.  So sometimes in negotiations things are equal or close to it and in those cases -- Cooley suggested the players will go elsewhere.  This after running another segment recently about how Redskins Park could be a turnoff because its not up to par with the typical organization.

I know we were joking about this weeks back about how the players who visit Redskins Park often don't end up Redskins?  I am sure there could be many reasons but I wouldn't rule out agents not liking Bruce as part of the soup.

Dan wants a new stadium with a moat and surfing area and Bruce has the political ties to aid in that.  Only reason he's keeping his arse around.  He needs to move him out of football side and hire a real GM (not puppet regime or figure head like Doug (i like doug and think he could probably draft better than bruce).  Thought we had a chance with Scot but Bruce couldn't give up power or the praise Scot was getting..  Only way we'll win here.

If I was a free agent and all things being equal, why would I want to come here? The only way I come here is if the money is substantially more than anyone else is willing to give me. 

If you want a well run machine, top-notch leadership, incredible facilities with the best chance to win, no one in their right mind would come here.

15 minutes ago, dyst said:

If I was a free agent and all things being equal, why would I want to come here? The only way I come here is if the money is substantially more than anyone else is willing to give me. 

If you want a well run machine, top-notch leadership, incredible facilities with the best chance to win, no one in their right mind would come here.

Alex Smith seems thrilled to be here. I know he was traded but he quickly signed an extension to stay. And who are agents to be talking about trust? I'd like to see a GM poll of the least trustworthy agents. Not defending Bruce I just think articles like this are a bunch of crap. Can anyone trust Belicheat? He trades guys when they get close to needing new deals and many times it's the team's top players. Is anyone complaining about New England not being trustworthy? 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Alex Smith seems thrilled to be here. I know he was traded but he quickly signed an extension to stay. And who are agents to be talking about trust? I'd like to see a GM poll of the least trustworthy agents. Not defending Bruce I just think articles like this are a bunch of crap. Can anyone trust Belicheat? He trades guys when they get close to needing new deals and many times it's the team's top players. Is anyone complaining about New England not being trustworthy? 

We gave Alex a pretty good damn deal of money. An aging QB who hasn't won anything so I'm sure he is thrilled (p.s. I like the move). As for the agents, they can talk all they want, trustworthy or not. The proof on the field is on the side of these anonymous agents considering we suck, which is a huge red flag against Allen.

As for the Patriots, they can do anything they want. They actually win. We don't. Plus, I doubt the poll was because we trade or release player. It probably has to do with being unprepared during negotiations, and being shady as ****.

when you consistently bad mouth players once out the door and are chinsy with most, it doesn't give good perception.  Layer on that how he bad mouthed his jettisoned GM in Scot and let out statement after statement about Cousins turning down offers and not negotiating all the while repeating calling him by a wrong name, people take notice.   The Scot and Kirk fiasco's had nationwide coverage and so I understand if that idiot Russell is right about Danny being fed up.  Danny should be fed up and hopefully he'll take action sooner rather than later.  I'd support it unless Vinnie comes back but would prefer it be done before training camp starts. 

2 hours ago, dyst said:

Play nice now.. everyone wants to be a Redskin..it's just tough to do when ya can only carry a 53 man gang..dooohhh lol I kid I kid..

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Alex Smith has 90M reasons to be thrilled to be here.  Also, how guys feel about being where they are, has a lot to do with their own individual perspective.  As an example, I expect a guy like Jordan Reed, Ryan Kerrigan or Trent Williams to not have much bad to say about the organization.  They've basically had the red carpet rolled out in regards to the handling of their contracts and what they were at the time they were signed.  Their experience is obviously much different than many others.  Nobody is saying that literally everything Bruce does is bad, wrong, a lie, etc.  What the folks that work with him are saying in abundance is that he's a shady character that they ultimately don't trust.  Are we to assume there is a conspiracy among the folks who were polled to make Bruce look bad? 

Okay so I completely missed on the Skins getting Dez... It's not that I was hoping we were going to get him, just figured for sure it would be a Bruce type thing... Now that the Giants let go of Brandon and Dez is working out with Odell it's looking more certain Odell and Dez could be playing on the same team...dear lord please let this be the case..haha

Yawn...

Great job by writer to find a new angle (anonymously of course), but this matters none in my view. Fantastic material for April. 

The Skins have had zero issues resigning their own and landing highly coveted big time free agents when wanted (Jackson & Norman). 

Cant wait for this years team to make playoffs and quiet the nay sayers. Don’t like the arrogance of Bruce, but he’s helped build the roster the correct way and I’m one who believes it’s a playoff roster. 

We all can agree, no matter which side you fall it’s a monumental year for all parties. 

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Could be in with a shout then. One year prove it deal from us on average money, or I'd guess longer maybe 3 year offer from the Jets on slightly better money but still well under what he wants.

Chances are he takes us so that he can get back on the FA market next year or nail it here and get paid big.

Rumor has it that Mr. Hankins came into town about 20-40 lbs. overweight. I think that makes sense given the visits he has had but no action. Our FO is probably not only scared of his contract demands but the potential nightmare of the return of BIG AL doing snow angels on the field. Given our CAP situation I don't see Hankins in our future unless it was a 1-year 5-7 million deal. In this scenario we still draft one maybe two defensive lineman in the coming draft to groom as a replacement and depth.

Archived