Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

47 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

Rumor has it that Mr. Hankins came into town about 20-40 lbs. overweight. I think that makes sense given the visits he has had but no action. Our FO is probably not only scared of his contract demands but the potential nightmare of the return of BIG AL doing snow angels on the field. Given our CAP situation I don't see Hankins in our future unless it was a 1-year 5-7 million deal. In this scenario we still draft one maybe two defensive lineman in the coming draft to groom as a replacement and depth.

First time I've heard this rumour where is you source?.

HTTR 

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Okay so I completely missed on the Skins getting Dez... It's not that I was hoping we were going to get him, just figured for sure it would be a Bruce type thing... Now that the Giants let go of Brandon and Dez is working out with Odell it's looking more certain Odell and Dez could be playing on the same team...dear lord please let this be the case..haha

no, it'd be a Vinny sort of thing.  The guy who has been gone almost a decade

4 hours ago, SkinsFootball said:

Rumor has it that Mr. Hankins came into town about 20-40 lbs. overweight. I think that makes sense given the visits he has had but no action. Our FO is probably not only scared of his contract demands but the potential nightmare of the return of BIG AL doing snow angels on the field. Given our CAP situation I don't see Hankins in our future unless it was a 1-year 5-7 million deal. In this scenario we still draft one maybe two defensive lineman in the coming draft to groom as a replacement and depth.

I haven't heard that rumor but it doesn't seem far fetched either.  Hankins has a bit of a belly as is looking at his Indy photos.  The only thing on that front is the nose-big men types unfortunately often have these weight issues.  I like Vea for example but the dude has a belly.  Ditto Settle, etc.

I am personally not hung up on Hankins but hung up on adding a run stopping DT period.  If its the draft -- fine.  If its via a cut from another team post draft -- fine, too.   But IMO they are right now one key man short on the D line.  Hood I think is a good depth guy but if he is your top nose tackle -- you are in trouble IMO.   

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't heard that rumor but it doesn't seem far fetched either.  Hankins has a bit of a belly as is looking at his Indy photos.

A bit of a belly?!?! Dude's a behemoth.

Side note, I was sitting in the tunnel before the Redskins Patriots preseason game back in 2009 and Vince Wilfork is like 5 feet from me... My God. I'm not sure if I'd be able to block that dude. His arm is the size of my torso and I could see the vein popping out of his bicep. He also has a monster gut but sweet Jesus, the man is ****ing massive.

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Side note, I was sitting in the tunnel before the Redskins Patriots preseason game back in 2009 and Vince Wilfork is like 5 feet from me... My God. I'm not sure if I'd be able to block that dude. His arm is the size of my torso and I could see the vein popping out of his bicep. He also has a monster gut but sweet Jesus, the man is ****ing massive.

I have probably posted about 50 times that I want Hankins. I also said when you are drafting a nose you typically are getting guys who are overweight, it comes with the turf.

But it does happen where an overweight NT gets a bit carried away and gets too heavy. As for Hankins, I got no idea what he looked like since I wasn't obviously at Redskins Park when he came for a visit.

32 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

To be fair, is there any reason you might think you could block even a practice squad defensive lineman?

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I have probably posted about 50 times that I want Hankins. I also said when you are drafting a nose you typically are getting guys who are overweight, it comes with the turf.

But it does happen where an overweight NT gets a bit carried away and gets too heavy. As for Hankins, I got no idea what he looked like since I wasn't obviously at Redskins Park when he came for a visit.

If he wants to be over-weight in the offseason, being low balled comes with the turf as well. 

This is why I’m not in favor of just paying big guys loads of  money if you don’t know what makes a guy tick day to day. Hopefully Skins are staying strong on a 1 year deal. 

Hankins must be waiting on someone else to come fishing. The rumor that he will sign next week seems classic agent driven to try and force the market.

Suh got 14mil, Poe 9mil and Logan 4mil. That's quite a range on their money per year. His deal will be interesting once he takes up an offer.

On 4/21/2018 at 7:18 AM, FrFan said:

"Gruden is fan of Tide products"

I'm a horrible person, in my head, my first thought was he took the Tide Pod Challenge or something.

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
 John Keim Retweeted

Why y'all won't let me be lol There was never an offer from @redskins to even try to come back… https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4UQ3hAeDD/ 

Has the reason been discussed yet?  I don't understand this.

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He pull a tantrum and (In my opinion) a work slow down over the $$ given to Norman. I think he burned that bridge right there and he "seemed" to be THE guy getting smoked on big play after big play.

I'm not surprised. I was high on Bree in years 1 &2

The national prognosticators aren't too taken with this roster.  I see Bleacher Report has them at 6-10.  Some sort of Vegas outfit had them at 5.5 wins.  The guy below is one of the ESPN fantasy football gurus

Realistic record projections are inherently conservative, but I know many of you prefer bolder predictions, so I analyzed annual records from league history and weighted my projections to create these "bolder" projections. Here they are: #clayprojections

DbPJhxeX4AE6nbV.jpg

18 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

He pull a tantrum and (In my opinion) a work slow down over the $$ given to Norman. I think he burned that bridge right there and he "seemed" to be THE guy getting smoked on big play after big play.

I'm not surprised. I was high on Bree in years 1 &2

Idk, I thought he played better as the season went on, but was the same position as 2016 in that people wanted to avoid Norman so they came after him more.  He kept getting matched up with #1 WRs because it was like pulling teeth to get our DC to let Norman roam with them, but in 2017 Breeland handled it better.

Him getting hurt should've helped us in negotiations, not a reason to not talk to him.  Think this is another example of us going cheap lately, but that's just my opinion (front office made more excuses to let him leave then keep him even though he was homegrown)

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm a horrible person, in my head, my first thought was he took the Tide Pod Challenge or something.

I bet it's just they knew he'd want more than they were willing to pay so why even bother

18 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Think his answer will be made by draft day. 

HTTR 

I believe I saw an earlier post saying it would happen this week. 

16 minutes ago, carex said:

I bet it's just they knew he'd want more than they were willing to pay so why even bother

Before the draft preferably, because we need to know whether to draft a DL in first round. 

HTTR 

31 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Before the draft preferably, because we need to know whether to draft a DL in first round. 

I don't think the possible signing of Hankins (or not) will affect what the Redskins do Thursday night at the draft.

This draft is supposedly strong and deep at interior DL (and running back) this year. What is going to affect it more is what happens in the first 12 picks ahead of them. If one of the blue-chip defensive players falls to #13 (like Johnathan Allen did last year), I won't be unhappy if the Redskins grab him, whether he is DL or not.

I also wouldn't mind them trading down (slightly) if they get a third round pick (or more) out of it.

However, if they sign Hankins this week, I don't think that would prevent them from drafting Vea or Dayne should that be the scenario that presents itself.

A lot of possibilities this Thursday night. :) 

1 hour ago, carex said:

In terms of Breeland, if difference in money was it they would have made him some offer or reached out when his deal went south and he became available. To me it looks at though they made the decision to not bring him back regardless of money. Not saying it's right or wrong. Just appears to be their decision. 

Archived