Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

34 minutes ago, justice98 said:

So have his options seemingly.

Bruce 'low ball' Allen may well still swoop. 

Interestingly, I wonder if we have left our offer the table to Hankins, not sure we would rescind it at this stage. Think I'd still have him at the right price.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Bruce 'low ball' Allen may well still swoop. 

Interestingly, I wonder if we have left our offer the table to Hankins, not sure we would rescind it at this stage. Think I'd still have him at the right price.

It almost seems as if Bruce took last nights opportunity to follow through on his threats to Poston. "sign now or we'll draft an alternative." Bad blood?? Maybe Hank will regret using Poston as much as we regret having Bruce.

Well, on the plus side I really dont think we need to draft a DB with our next pick.  Looking over available FA picks, there is a wealth of competent DBs still available.  After the draft and other teams have filled their spots, that should leave teams like us being able to get a guy far superior to the likes of Scandrick, for close to vet minimum.

9 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Ugh. We could have signed Hankins and used that draft capital to improve another position. 

and we're only allowed to do that along the DL?

2 hours ago, bowhunter said:

It almost seems as if Bruce took last nights opportunity to follow through on his threats to Poston. "sign now or we'll draft an alternative." Bad blood?? Maybe Hank will regret using Poston as much as we regret having Bruce.

the guy has four clients left in the NFL, that suggests he's not popular anywhere

10 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Ugh. We could have signed Hankins and used that draft capital to improve another position. 

I think there's still a possibility we can sign Hankins... I understand your point but if we could add Hankins for a rotational guy and fill that need here in the second and fourth round we should be okay..

So is it for sure the Steelers are staying put with bell? any chance of a day two trade for us to land him?

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I think there's still a possibility we can sign Hankins... I understand your point but if we could add Hankins for a rotational guy and fill that need here in the second and fourth round we should be okay..

So is it for sure the Steelers are staying put with bell? any chance of a day two trade for us to land him?

Absolutely Zero chance we get, or even want Hankins. You have a potentially better version of Hankins drafted, w Phil Taylor (who looked good pre inj) as a backup... why would you pay hankins 8-9mil a year to do the same job. I'd rather they use that money for CJ Anderson, to resign our top 3 next year or another position of need in FA.

10 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Absolutely Zero chance we get, or even want Hankins. You have a potentially better version of Hankins drafted, w Phil Taylor (who looked good pre inj) as a backup... why would you pay hankins 8-9mil a year to do the same job. I'd rather they use that money for CJ Anderson, to resign our top 3 next year or another position of need in FA.

Cool deal...I can roll with this..ya that's right Phil Taylor was turning some heads just before preseason or during preseason..ya geesh why would we want Hankins now lol

Did not want Hankins even before the draft unless he came down on his price and there was no indication he ever did.  I would far rather we roll the unused cap into next year now when we know we are going to be tight for space and give ourselves the freedom to be active in FA in 2019 and extend Scherff, Crowder and Smith.

6 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

At this point McClain will now get cut.  We will have plenty of room to sign a good DB, one of about 5 thats still left in free agency, and still have over $12-13 million left over, that leaves the big glaring need of LG.

Yeah, McClain or Hood, depending on how camp goes.  

I would add RB too.  

As for a db, I wouldn’t mind FS competition, but I’d really like a (better) slot corner option.  I believe Vaccaro has experience at both?

Archived