Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

I must admit it's a bit of a head scratcher to see folks going out of their way to 'not trash' McClain on his way out.  Even citing that he "works hard" and it just didn't work out.  I've really seen no proof of his work ethic, good or bad.  He was basically non-existent here.  I just find it odd that an ex-Cowboy who came here, got paid and stunk up the joint is seen as someone who doesn't deserve to be crapped on, on his way out the door.

18 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Hope so...Think Settle is more of a project short term, so in my opinion you go get Hankins.

Hankins, Payne, Allen, Ion Man, Settle, plus the best of the rest. 

All young, very little money invested in the group as a collective. 

Dominant DL in a division with Zeke and Barkley. 

Many throw out Zeke and Barkley, but let's not forget that Philly offense and their rushing attack, that is very deadly.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I must admit it's a bit of a head scratcher to see folks going out of their way to 'not trash' McClain on his way out.  Even citing that he "works hard" and it just didn't work out.  I've really seen no proof of his work ethic, good or bad.  He was basically non-existent here.  I just find it odd that an ex-Cowboy who came here, got paid and stunk up the joint is seen as someone who doesn't deserve to be crapped on, on his way out the door.

What's gained by trashing him?

We needed D-Line help. We brought him in. It didn't work out. He's gone. End of story.

6 minutes ago, Tay said:

We needed D-Line help. We brought him in. It didn't work out. He's gone. End of story.

I'm not interested in trashing him. 

I just find it odd that folks draw the line at trashing players on their way out at an ex Cowboy that got paid and stunk for us.  Just an observation.

31 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Many throw out Zeke and Barkley, but let's not forget that Philly offense and their rushing attack, that is very deadly.

Philly is no slouch. But the giants and cowboys both added more quality line players too in will Hernandez and Connor Williams. The giants line sucks overall imo but they did just add two significant pieces there this offseason and Dallas continues to stack their line. It was a Godsend that we got Settle too cuz we are gonna need him. 

52 minutes ago, Tay said:

Not sure I have seen anyone trashing him. Where is this coming from? I admittedly didn't read everything so I could have missed it. 

He came in with good intentions but was a non-factor. Nothing against McClain but he was just not very good here. Now he is gone and I am glad they let him go. I am glad they see there mistake and are willing to correct it instead of standing pat. 

McClain did win the Seattle game for the Redskins.  It was his shoestring tackle of Wilson, forcing the pass with the knee down, that essentially sealed the win for the club.   Other than that.... JAG we paid to pretty much underwhelm for a season at a price of $7 million.    

37 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Not sure I have seen anyone trashing him. Where is this coming from? I admittedly didn't read everything so I could have missed it. 

He came in with good intentions but was a non-factor. Nothing against McClain but he was just not very good here. Now he is gone and I am glad they let him go. I am glad they see there mistake and are willing to correct it instead of standing pat. 

His response was in my comment to folks taking the high road, saying he was a hard worker that doesn't deserve to be crapped on by the fans on his way out.

I don't have any desire to crap on him, just thought it was odd considering who he is, what he did for us vs. some others that leave here and get the F-U treatment.

14 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Junior Galette is still available. Hmm. 

I would love for us to bring Galette back on a vet minimum.  I would certainly pay him more because he is an elite pass rusher.  Kind of a head scratcher that he hasn't been signed yet.

Also, hoping that Reuben Foster is released soon.  If he had his choice i'm sure he would join our squad considering we have half of his teammates playing on our roster.

What do you guys think about a potential Reuben Foster signing? 

16 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I would love for us to bring Galette back on a vet minimum.  I would certainly pay him more because he is an elite pass rusher.  Kind of a head scratcher that he hasn't been signed yet.

I suspect both Hankins and Galette have vastly overestimated their value on the open market. Both should have found a home long ago considering their effectiveness at what they do best.

20 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Also, hoping that Reuben Foster is released soon.  If he had his choice i'm sure he would join our squad considering we have half of his teammates playing on our roster.

No, absolutely not! He had issues before being drafted and now has issues again. He likes to hit women. Why bring in a guy like that when you are trying to build a good solid hardworking team? No thanks! 

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

I'd love to bring Galette back too.  Puzzling that nobody else has any public interest to this point, perhaps his persona on social media has something to do with that.  To my eyes, he was 'almost' there on numerous occasions last season.  One would think there should be interest as to whether or not he gets that extra step he needs to turn those almosts into actual sacks.  That said, he's been vocal about wanting more snaps and I'd think most everyone sees him strictly as a situational pass rusher, certainly not an every down player.

As for Reuben Foster, that's a pipe dream.  Not a chance in the world they would release him, particularly after the "victim" recanted her statement.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As for Reuben Foster, that's a pipe dream.  Not a chance in the world they would release him, particularly after the "victim" recanted her statement.

Based on his personality and past issues I think it is highly likely the statement she gave was factual and what is now happening is what generally happens when a combination of bribery and threats are used to silence someone when their testimony could result in millions of dollars in lost earnings.  Do not want him here and frankly never liked having Galette here for the same reason. 

Yeah, sign me up to bring Galette back as well.  As a side-note, I've been saying this for a while, but it's now more likely than ever (after our draft) that Preston breaks out for a huge season in 2018.  I really hope our FO has the foresight to lock him down to a multi-year contract this off-season.  We don't want to be stuck in the same situation next off-season the Cowboys are currently in with D Law.

39 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Based on his personality and past issues I think it is highly likely the statement she gave was factual and what is now happening is what generally happens when a combination of bribery and threats are used to silence someone when their testimony could result in millions of dollars in lost earnings.  Do not want him here and frankly never liked having Galette here for the same reason. 

I’m not his lawyer nor do I condone hitting women, but apparently there is a tape of the butt kicking she received at the hands of a woman, not Foster.  We’ll see.

Post draft thoughts.

Offense I'm fairly happy with how the roster is shaping up, other than LG/C. Think we need a vet in, would consider Boone although it's said he was out of shape last year. Could potentially see us trading a later round pick from next year for an interior OL player during the summer.

Defense, would like another DB in as well as potentially LB. Curious to see the Breeland situation unfolded, also would consider DRC if the money is right. Can't see value in a free agent safety when we appear to like the Nicholson,DJ combination. Scandrick can cover S duties too. Bowman on vet min for camp maybe at LB. Depends what plans we have for Anderson.

And the obvious, whilst we are set on DL now, you simply can't refuse Hankins on something in the region of five mil per year. But yes I know that appears all but dead and buried following our draft.

9 hours ago, Dexter said:

For the 49ers to let him go so quickly, I'd have to get the facts first. But he definitely brought the wood in college. Didn't see much from him last year. 

10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I'd say each of the Dlinemen that got released (McClain & AJ Francis) were the best placeholders available last year. Hughes was a placeholder in waiting this year (if the draft didn't go according to plan).

IMO, the D-line is looking a lot more competitive:

First team: Phil Taylor, Allen and Payne

Second team: Ziggy, Ioannidis, Lanier and/or McGee  

Third team: Settles 

11 hours ago, Cskin said:

McClain did win the Seattle game for the Redskins.  It was his shoestring tackle of Wilson, forcing the pass with the knee down, that essentially sealed the win for the club.   Other than that.... JAG we paid to pretty much underwhelm for a season at a price of $7 million.    

Kirk Cousins won that game in Seattle.

Archived