Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Yep...Todays $30 MILLION dollar contract is tomorrows $30 million dollar contract. and the year after that, and the year after that, But in 10 years or so, it really won't be all that much. Smart teams will see the wisdom in this and start seeking 12 year contracts

Difference is Matt Ryan is leaps and bounds above Cousins

I'm kinda on AJ's side in all of this. If Tomsula said that then I really understand it, but going into the offseason i was saying that he should have a chance to compete for the starting spot based on his play. After the draft, I felt like McClain and Hood should be the first to go since they were the worst players in our DL last year. They're can be reasons to cut Francis though, like do we really need 3 NTs, particularly when the other two will probably be ahead of you? It's a bad situation but I don't think we look bad. 

As far as the name goes, people are going to feel how they feel about it, but it's a 1 in 32 chance of playing your dream job. Maybe he's not UnWise Mike POed at it, but still doesn't feel comfortable with it. 

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Hate to break it to you AJ, but it doesn't mean you "balled out".  Just meant you were the best of an extremely bad group.

I suppose Tomsula should have been honest and told A.J. that he sucked. But come man!!!....

A man may not know if his underarms stink, but he damn sure knows if another mother****er is continuously knockin him on his ass.  Tomsula probably went into another room and laughed his ass off after saying that bull****.

Come on A.J. the film don't lie to nobody bro. You saw when you got pancaked. You saw when you missed that gap. Come on A.J...... 

I remember the first time I noticed A J on this team and I did not even know who he was.  Somehow he broke through the line or maybe he was not even blocked.  Anyway he was in the backfield.  The running back broke outside and he took out after him.  He looked like a 60 year old man running in wet cement.  I literally had to do a double take it was that bad.  I was like damn who is that guy and how did he get on this team.  I looked up his number and that is how I learned who he was.  Lets be honest, the only reason he was on the Redskins team and for sure the only reason he was on the field was because the Redskins were literally signing people off the street to play on Sunday because they had so many injuries.  If he thought he was making this team he is a bigger fool that he even is looking right now.  

You know what is stupid. If during the season we get hit with injury issues on the Dline, we want to sign a vet who knows the systeme. AJ burned that option. We won't be calling him then.

Just like Junior messed up with his slave wage comments. 

Just don't make social media posts like that. It can only do you bad, there is no positive spin-off. 

10 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm kinda on AJ's side in all of this. If Tomsula said that then I really understand it, but going into the offseason i was saying that he should have a chance to compete for the starting spot based on his play. After the draft, I felt like McClain and Hood should be the first to go since they were the worst players in our DL last year. They're can be reasons to cut Francis though, like do we really need 3 NTs, particularly when the other two will probably be ahead of you? It's a bad situation but I don't think we look bad. 

As far as the name goes, people are going to feel how they feel about it, but it's a 1 in 32 chance of playing your dream job. Maybe he's not UnWise Mike POed at it, but still doesn't feel comfortable with it. 

For me I keep going back to multiple beat guys saying for over a year that they wanted to move Hood to play 5 technique DE -- they think that's his natural spot not nose.  He's been forced to play nose because they have no one else.  I am not a big Hood guy so don't care if he's kept or cut but that might be the logic behind it.

As for Francis.  If Tomsula told him in effect he was the best nose on the roster before the draft that's cool.  But players get cut after the draft for the same reason Francis was.  They draft players who they perceive to be better.  Francis to me comes off like a whiny sore loser about it.  And he's going to a team that in my view feeds that whiny behavior, fits the culture well in NY - I'd add that its amusing that he has the arrogance that he thinks he will even be on the field to get his twice a year revenge on the Redskins as he suggested.

Giants have Harrison, Tomlinson and now Hill.  They drafted McIntosh, too.  They are loaded at D line.  I'd be surprised if Francis even makes the roster let alone be on the field much when they play the Redskins.  Actually I'd hope they have Tomlinson and Harrison on the bench with Francis in there, instead but I don't think we'd be that lucky.

Francis is coming up on Fox morning news to talk about his tweets and how he is giving back to the DMV area with some charity function this weekend.  WTF??

Damage control?  Lets hope Tony Perkins asks the right questions.  I'll get me popcorn.

4 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Francis is coming up on Fox morning news to talk about his tweets and how he is giving back to the DMV area with some charity function this weekend.  WTF??

Damage control?  Lets hope Tony Perkins asks the right questions.  I'll get me popcorn.

Am I the only one that couldn't be any less interested in what Francis says, where he goes, or who he plays for? He is the epitome of JAG, less than a replacement level player. And he's right. The name Redskins is clearly racist. It's also not changing any time soon and probably not worth getting worked up over if you are a fan of the team. It's a remnant of the past and isn't going anywhere. None of this is news. 

33 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Agreed but it ain't like there is a lot of news going on in DC sports right now....Wiz blew it, Caps most likely will, and gotta wait 5 months to see if the Nats blow it again.   :rofl89:

Cumon rookie minicamp.

Aah the hopes of tomorrow vs the misery of today

Francis was easily our best NT outside of Phil Taylor during preseason last year and he played well in sub formations, too. 

So when they cut him before the season I was a bit surprised, especially since Taylor went down. It was good to see them pick him back up after the rash of injuries and he seemed to play decently when he got in, but it wasn’t a large enough sample size to really come to any conclusions. And it blew my mind how we continued to prance Hood out there at NT even though it was damn near guaranteed he’d lose ground on runs, but I knew Tomsula isn’t an idiot so it probably meant there was something he didn’t trust about Francis. 

Seeing the quote from Francis about what Tomsula said is interesting in that regard, but it also means that much more about the way Tomsula feels in terms of our upgrades (unless he was overruled here or wasn’t involved at all in the decision). Basically, it’s a great thing that we just moved on from a guy Tomsula just recently thought was the best option we had at the position because we have two better options now. 

It’s going to be interesting to see how he fares with the Giants. There is some potential there we gave up on. With him stupidly putting that out there and burning bridges like that, I do have to question whether or not his attitude played a role in him getting cut/released, even the first time. I mean, it’s tough to assume he was a good locker room presence with that kind of attitude willingly and publicly displayed on his end, lol. 

Not sure about Joeckel, he has been a bust most of his career and after signing a 1 year prove it deal in Seattle they let him walk into a non existant market.  Seattle has just about the worst OL in football so if they don't want him I am not sure he is worth a look.  I still think Boone might be a better option if we add a veteran but it looks like we are going to roll with what we have unless a solid guard gets cut in the next couple of weeks.

JP Finlay Retweeted Schwartz & Feinsod

Told you the #Redskins would sign a veteran guard. Ends up they signed their own veteran free agent guard. Lauvao is back.

JP Finlay added,

Schwartz & Feinsod @schwartzfeinsod
Shawn Lauvao @Uce_Lauvao has agreed to terms with the Washington Redskins @Redskins

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay Retweeted Schwartz & Feinsod

Told you the #Redskins would sign a veteran guard. Ends up they signed their own veteran free agent guard. Lauvao is back.

JP Finlay added,

Schwartz & Feinsod @schwartzfeinsod
Shawn Lauvao @Uce_Lauvao has agreed to terms with the Washington Redskins @Redskins

Waste, IMO.  

I always said that its greeat to have yourself a Tonga/Samoan/Easter Island cat in your trenches as they are born with super human strength and of course we find the one guy that defies the stereotype....finally get rid of him....then sign him back.   God i hope one of the undrafted guys beats him out.

Time for a ****tail. 

We were pretty much 'told' he was re-signing some time back. Can't say I'm against the signing with a view it being short term insurance. If someone else becomes available, sure we will try to upgrade. 

It is what it is for now, the FA price for top end Guards is too rich for us right now when we have Scherff to extend. No idea how the season plays out, but I would put money on us investing in the guard position high in next years draft.

Archived