Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Man, I respect Grant’s contributions big time and think he’s one of those glue guys that every roster needs... but I can’t believe the Ravens gave him that much. 

That’s desperation, no doubt about it. They must’ve panicked after figuring out they were about to miss on their top 3-5 targets at WR and just threw the money they had allocated for it at Grant. 

Happy for Grant. Someone who puts his head down and does whatever is asked of him, so it’s nice to see him get well compensated. Maybe he’ll thrive now that he’s going to be more relied upon. 

It seems we really need Brown back.

At the end of the year last year however, he was having soreness in his achilles. I know there was concern that it could possibly tear, but didn't. I wounder if he is back to 100 percent or not. Those saying he sucked in coverage last year, the injury probably had something to so with it. If that soreness is still there, that could hold up how much is being offered, or certainly guaranteed amounts. 

while, I do worry we'll lose to many to replace with our cap, I don't mind losing some of these guys.  After all as the fans on here have been so happy to remind me, we haven't been a winning team.  Each guy we lose is another potential future draft pick.  And one nice thing, a good number of our free agents this year are at positions we were at least theoretically deep at.  People wanted to see more of Harris and Davis.  This opens the opportunity.  I wouldn't mind seeing us bring back Brian Quick on a cheap deal though

on one hand we could be losing two of our five pass rushing OLB.   On the other hand we've had success with guys like Rob Jackson, a seventh round converted DE, who made the team for a full year, went to the practice squad his second and came back his third.  And Lorenzo Alexander left the team and made a Pro bowl. 

9 hours ago, carex said:

Arie definitely. I mean he didn't even make the team.  But I like Roullier

I think Roullier did pretty as a rookie on a makeshift offensive line. He def wasn't the weak link. An off-season to get stronger and he's got game action under his belt. I say pencil him at starter.

PER CBS Sports

WR Paul Richardson goes to Washington

The Redskins needed a speed guy and they got one of the best on the market. He can fly, as evidenced by his 16 yards per catch last season. Richardson's best football is in front of him, and now that he's more than two years removed from a torn ACL I expect him to continue to be an improving deep threat. This is a good move.

Grade: A

Also interesting to note they gave the Vikings Cousins deal a C+

Ryan Grant!...  Whodathunkit?

Could it be a large populace on this board is in collective IQ free-fall?  Cousins not worth 25 mil a year?  Breeland washed up and done? Grant a scrub and waste of roster spot?  The hits just keep on coming...  

Happy for Ryan Grant.  Good for him...

4 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Ryan Grant!...  Whodathunkit?

Could it be a large populace on this board is in collective IQ free-fall?  Cousins not worth 25 mil a year?  Breeland washed up and done? Grant a scrub and waste of roster spot?  The hits just keep on coming...  

Happy for Ryan Grant.  Good for him...

I have an IQ of a grapefruit 

quick thought... could the reason we have trouble getting quality DL to sign here have something to do with the massive amount of rotation we do, and the little we ask from the guys who are essentially the starters?  I mean, unless there's some change I haven't heard about we still stick with the whole the three down linemen just hold the line allowing the LBs to make plays thing.  And then when it's time to get some pass rush we pull most of the DL and replace them.  Maybe it's like an insult to their abilities

9 hours ago, CTskin said:

Where are you getting those numbers? I'm pretty sure that after the Alex Smith deal was processed, we were left with $23.1M... I like yours better

From OverTheCap, after Smith , because his first year is $17 million, we have $29 million.  If their numbers are correct. I assumed 8 mill per for Richardson, 6.5 Million per for Murphy, and $10 million for Wilkerson(now off the board) and just escalated it like a normal contract would be.  So typically any contract would be 25%ish less for the first year than the per year average.

1 hour ago, carex said:

we're not looking at any Campbell type DL so they'd probably cancel one of the lower guys

Based that on my thinking the comp  cutoff was 8m (which I believe is what Poe and Logan signed for last year).  Can’t recall hearing we’re looking at Logan (as well as Sheldon Richardson), but of course Poe’s been mentioned.  

39 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

I saw the reactions to the Grant signing before the numbers and I still can't believe it. Over $7M a year for him is insane. 

Yeah, I saw it, my brain couldnt believe the numbers and I was like wooooowwww, thats more than... 5 million a year?    WAIT, thats more than like 6 million a year???  WAAIITT!  Thats more than 7 million a year!

We essentially had a choice between Grant or Richardson.  Crazy.

What is up with taking FA’s to dinner? Is that real ? Do all teams do this? Just ****ing take them to the damn stadium/facility.

Also, good for Grant. Hope he has a great year. 

As for Mo going with the Packers. Yes, when you’re a **** organization you aren’t going to get many guys unless you break the bank.

Overall, its a win. We need young guys to grow with. These big name free agents aren’t going to do **** with us. Great talent but we desperately need to build the foundation.

1 hour ago, PF Chang said:

I saw the reactions to the Grant signing before the numbers and I still can't believe it. Over $7M a year for him is insane. 

Based on the size of Grants contract and depending on what happens with the rest of FA, the Redskins might get a late-round compensatory pick for him in 2019.

Archived