Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Honestly, why do they have to go big? Just get what you need and don't overpay too much. 

On the face of it Richardson's deal could be great.

10 million SB
Y1 - 4M Guaranteed.

Y2 - 6M Guaranteed for Injury?

Dead Cap 6 million going into Year 3

Y3 - 3 million RB (March) + 5M

Y4 - 6M

Y5 - 6M

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not one of the Grant haters on the board, I never really had a strong opinion one way or another about him.  But yeah wow, I thought 5 million a year would be high for him, let alone 7 million plus.

At this point, my #1 want is the other Richardson now from Seattle. Heck if they signed Sheldon Richardson, I wouldn't even care if they did much of anything else aside from if they lose Zach I'd want to replace him.  I don't like the idea of going into the draft with glaring needs aside from RB.   If not Sheldon Richardson than Poe. 

I agree with Richardson but Poe has had back issues on and off.  That concerns me, SIP.  I'd replace Poe with Logan.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The #Redskins like DT Dontari Poe, but he’s seeking a multi-year deal and garnering interest from quite a few places. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a deal done soon. Question is: Will WAS show him the money?

I'd be skeptical with the back issues he's had on a multi year deal.  

I have a hard time seeing the Redskins as the front runner for Poe when it comes down to how they typically do deals. Sure, this could be another Josh Norman situation where they have him as a top 3 NT in the NFL and think he can play for 3-5 more years with high impact.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Richardson by far is my fav D line available right now.  I'd lean Poe over Logan because Poe brings more pass rush.  But Logan is fine.

If not for the back issues I'd go Poe before Logan.  :) 

Don’t play with mediocre... sign Suh

no more role player ****, those positions are full.

Suh is best player available at all positions when he’s released tomorrow and it’s not close.

Sheldon Richardson is next after Suh, then there’s a drop off. 

Then have to hope our CB’s pan out, we draft Roquan Smith, and hope Nicholson stays healthy.

on offense, may need to spend a mid rounder on WR and potentially 2-3 on a RB. 

46 minutes ago, Sknsnation said:

The #Ravens are expected to sign #Redskins FA WR Ryan Grant, source said. It’s a 4-year deal worth $29M with $14.5M guaranteed, source said. He gets a $10M signing bonus.

How many of yall want to line up to kiss Ryan Grant ass? lol! :rofl89: Good Luck to him though. Hard work does pay off.

1 minute ago, BayouBrave86 said:

This is like the NBA offseason a couple years ago. Ryan Grant getting that much is LOL

Agreed its a bit much. But he was arguably our best receiver last season.

i don’t get the disdain for that guy around here. Guy has played consistently for years. Is he a top tier NFL receiver that makes the “wow” plays? No. But he IS a good option to have on your team that is reliable to make catches when the team needs him.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Agreed its a bit much. But he was arguably our best receiver last season.

i don’t get the disdain for that guy around here. Guy has played consistently for years. Is he a top tier NFL receiver that makes the “wow” plays? No. But he IS a good option to have on your team that is reliable to make catches when the team needs him.

I was supportive of him last year and thought he did a good job for us, but looking at what we had just given the guy to take his spot should have set the market at his value. I do think that Grant has potential to be a Garcon type player but when we signed Garcon he had 3 (or so) years of production. Grant has some frustrating years and one mediocre year. This is all based on potential and probably something like talking to Gruden at the combine about how well he practices. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

One thing about this FA period so far is that we are stocking up on compensatory picks so far.

Paul Richardson (4th) cancels out Breeland (4th)

Cousins - 3rd

Grant - 4th

Grant is the bonus so far ... was not expecting him to bring in any compensation value ... Spencer Long, Junior Galette, Zach Brown still to go. Should be really interesting to see how it plays out. 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I was supportive of him last year and thought he did a good job for us, but looking at what we had just given the guy to take his spot should have set the market at his value. I do think that Grant has potential to be a Garcon type player but when we signed Garcon he had 3 (or so) years of production. Grant has some frustrating years and one mediocre year. This is all based on potential and probably something like talking to Gruden at the combine about how well he practices. 

I’m not sure if you’re trying to counter what I said or agreeing - that’s probably on me. I’m tired. 

But, to reiterate, I’m not claiming the guy is the next coming of Art Monk. I’m just saying that the amount of **** he gets around here is comical. Our fan base wants guys who accept their roles and work their asses off for the team... and then when a guy does that it doesn’t matter. 

He is tremendously undervalued by the fan base. I agree he likely got a larger contract than what he brings, but I’m happy for him getting paid like that. But Grant is a guy that should always have a place on a NFL roster as long as he can still be consistent.

Archived