Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Paul Richardson (4th) cancels out Breeland (4th)

Cousins - 3rd

Grant - 4th

Grant is the bonus so far ... was not expecting him to bring in any compensation value ... Spencer Long, Junior Galette, Zach Brown still to go. Should be really interesting to see how it plays out. 

And Trent Murphy... Good market for home rigjt now. Think he will end up in San Fran

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Cousins - 3rd

Grant - 4th

Grant is the bonus so far ... was not expecting him to bring in any compensation value ... Spencer Long, Junior Galette, Zach Brown still to go. Should be really interesting to see how it plays out. 

How about Murphy?

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Cousins - 3rd

Grant - 4th

When I was thinking about how I wanted this to be a one-year rebuild, I was thinking we should resign Grant for a year for low money because he wouldn't bring a comp. pick anyway. Amazing.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Cousins - 3rd

Grant - 4th

Trent Murphy might be on play, too.

Edit: sorry I see others beat me to it.

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Cousins - 3rd

Grant - 4th

Does it depend on contract or production?

What is the max comp picks a team can get?

5 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

And Trent Murphy... Good market for home rigjt now. Think he will end up in San Fran

Yeah, but to get a "good" comp pick ... one in the 4th or 5th rounds, you need guys to be signing $5+ million deals. Also, remember my assumptions are based on results from last year. So I'm not sure if there will be some inflation and thus bumping of the comp. pick ranges. i.e. last year $8m APY would get you a 4th maybe in 2019 it gets you a 5th type of deal.

I assume we'll get a $8+m APY DL and a $3-4m ILB and OL through FA. Hopefully we get back either Galette or Murphy. So really it'll just depend on what Brown (assuming he's gone) and Gallete and Long get.

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

One thing about this FA period so far is that we are stocking up on compensatory picks. Big contracts for Cousins, Grant and Bash are looking good in that regard.

Yep, with Brown, Galette and Murphy to come (didn’t see Long’s numbers).  

I’d like them to add a big FA lineman, or 1 or 2 of these 3 - a decent G, slot corner and ILB.  

Given the options in the draft though, I might rather not cancel out the comp pick for Cousins with the DL contract.  Decisions, decisions.  

12 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Does it depend on contract or production?

What is the max comp picks a team can get?

It is complicated as hell. But it depends on size of contract, production and who you have signed to replace those lost players:

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agreed its a bit much. But he was arguably our best receiver last season.

i don’t get the disdain for that guy around here. Guy has played consistently for years. Is he a top tier NFL receiver that makes the “wow” plays? No. But he IS a good option to have on your team that is reliable to make catches when the team needs him.

I respect the guy. But consistency wasnt really a strong aspect of Grant. I mean consistently mediocre at best. Good for him for getting paid. But the Ravens got fleeced I'm sorry:

CAREER STATSMORE
Season Team   Receiving Rushing Fumbles
  G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2017 Washington Redskins 16 7 45 573 12.7 40T 4 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2016 Washington Redskins 16 1 9 76 8.4 17 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2015 Washington Redskins 16 5 23 268 11.7 35 2 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2014 Washington Redskins 16 2 7 68 9.7 21 0 --

Mo Wilk got a 1yr $5M deal... Although we suck with prove-it deals, I woulda rolled the dice.

I've been very nice to you today, front office, now don't ruin it all by signing scrub Beau Allen tomorrow for the same kind of money.

19 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I disagree about the get open or chain mover part. He consistently ran routes 1 yard short of the marker

most of the time when he was short it was him coming back to a pass

OK... I'm good with the Richardson deal. Very glad this money wasn't given to Pryor, who I was sold on last year. At least Richardson seems like he was high end WR talent from jump street. 

Now, if we went Sheldon and Zach Brown for fair value in FA. Land Fitzpatrick or James and Guice (2nd round maybe) in draft. Now we're cooking. 

19 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yep, with Brown, Galette and Murphy to come (didn’t see Long’s numbers).  

I’d like them to add a big FA lineman, or 1 or 2 of these 3 - a decent G, slot corner and ILB.  

Given the options in the draft though, I might rather not cancel out the comp pick for Cousins with the DL contract.  Decisions, decisions.  

we're not looking at any Campbell type DL so they'd probably cancel one of the lower guys

I wonder if we're considering Richardson. Between him, Poe, Wilkerson and Logan I think he may be the best right now. Its really hard to judge though because he's not putting up numbers. I would probably rather not sign anybody and pick up an ILB in round 1 and a DT in round 2 or vice versa. But that kinda ignores RB and forces position instead of BPA, so I can see us signing somebody at this spot but the question becomes will it be a star* player or a potential guy to come in and compete? 

We’ve arguably already got the JAGs on the DL. I thought the argument was we needed another impact DL to pair with Allen and Ionidis and make The Macs rotational with Lanier. We can get a NT in the mid rounds of the draft too. 

Unless we bring in a Bowman or Bradham or even a Preston Brown we likely need to address ILB in the first 3 picks too 

With Wilkerson going to Green Bay on a 1 year $5m deal with $3m incentive bonuses ... gotta think we prioritize Logan and Sheldon. Fortunately Wilkerskn’s deal would set the others up nicely as far as not being bank breakers. 

Sheldon Richardson would be my idea of elite and $8-10m APY would actually be good value. 

Unsure with Poe as he’s a NT. I loved him coming out but also understand the underutilized position argument. Same goes for Logan. But I’d be thrilled with all 3 as basically solidifying our DL as an elite level unit. 

Then wed we’d be an impact LG away from having 2 excellent trenches. 

There are simply too many holes to fill, as players that have been ridiculed constantly make bank around the NFL... Beyond the QB position, it seems like teams valued our players more than we did...  There is only 7 draft picks, so it's time to sign some quality mid-level FA's, instead of the typical left overs that have been a staple over the last decade.

We lose Grant and Breeland. Replaced Grant already. Breeland replacements are internal + a likely draft pick. 

Lose Long, Galette, Murphy, Brown ... Plenty of time to replace them in FA and still have picks to get guys in the draft. I expect a solution at OG and ILB at least. And probably a veteran at Edge to provide depth. But let’s say we sign Jonathan Cooper at LG Sheldon Richardson and DRC and no one else. 

1. ILB - Smith/Edmunds

2. RB - Guice/Michel/Chub

4. CB/S

5. Edge 

6. WR

7. OT

7. WR

weve  been doing well in our mid and late rounds of late so that draft would plug holes where FA may leave them open

last years draft had us get Nicholson in the 4th and Harvey Clemons and Holsey and Roullier after the 6th and I think we all would agree they provide quality depth or even starting potential next year. 

Archived