Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Well I know one thing. If FA keeps going at this pace we are going to have a **** load of comp picks next year. By the way when was the last time teams actually signed our players? Skins are starting to do things right no matter what we the fans think. Things are changing.

1 minute ago, carex said:

So, that's Kirk, Breeland, Grant, and Long

As of right now:

Kirk - 3rd

Breeland - 5th

Grant - 5th

Long - TBD

Signed:

Paul Richardson - 5th

So a 3rd &  5th comp picks and another maybe depending on Long's deal, but I doubt he signed for more than $5m APY which would fit in the 6th/7th round range.

Of course, some of these will inevitably be canceled out by our own signings eventually.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hopefully more comp. picks for Long. Depends on $$. But the more of these guys we lose the better we are of not canceling out our compensation picks.

I wouldn't have minded retaining Long and kicking him over to LG, but I'll take the 7th round comp pick and move on,

blob.thumb.png.621e9945d8690a038f15d69973149f7c.png

15 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Wonder if that means no barkley at number one? Unless they plan on trading out of the number one spot im scared the giants will get  him at two

I think the Giants have to take a QB. It is not like they are in position to take one of the top ones very often. 

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I think the Skins seem happy with fighting for dead last I'm the East.

At least it seems like it.

the way fans here act they were always fighting for it, why keep the guys who helped them get there?

7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Who makes moves besides the Eagles? Haven't heard a lot from NYG or Cowboys.

The #Giants are expected to sign former #AZCardinals OLB Kareem Martin, source said, and his familiarity with new DC James Bettcher should help.

Trent MurphyVerified account @TMurphy_93 2m2 minutes ago                                 

BREAKING: Giants To Sign OT Nate Solder

More

THANK YOU REDSKINS @Redskins

If Allen and/or Ioannidas are playing DT in nickel and playing in our base D, that’s a lot of snaps, and even more reason to sign a DL that can take significant snaps.  I like Francis as a 4th DT, McGee is fine at DE, and Lanier looked pretty good as a situational DE (maybe even DT occasionally?).   We’re missing a true NT, and a rotational 3rd DT though, and then there’s still the issue of overplaying Allen/Ioannidas it one of them also plays DE opposite McGee.  Perhaps Hood slides over, or McClain steps up, but they aren’t ideal.  

I’m thinking they need to sign either a decent G or a pretty good NT/DT so they can look at RB in the 2nd round of the draft.  Of course ILB is a factor as well.  

In essence, they need a starting NT, ILB, and RB, as well as decent competition at G and slot corner.  I think it’s fair to say they want all of those addressed by the time the 4th round of the draft rolls around.  Lacking a 3rd makes that a lot tougher.  

That’s a big part of why I’ve pushed for a NT that can also act as the 3rd DT.  

I think we could maybe get by at G between Kalis, Catalina, Nsheke and Kouandijo.  Again, not ideal, but at least there are some semi-promising options.  

More

I'm told #Broncos LB Corey Nelson intends to sign a 1-year deal with the #Eagles, per source.

11:00 AM - 13 Mar 2018

Dang, good ST player and cover ILB ...... exactly what we needed. Maybe he ends up a Bruton. Good ST player never given chance .. then when given chance doesnt have starter ability. 

-------

edit - dang, Trent gone too. 

1 minute ago, Sknsnation said:

The #Giants are expected to sign former #AZCardinals OLB Kareem Martin, source said, and his familiarity with new DC James Bettcher should help.

THANK YOU REDSKINS @Redskins

And apparently they signed Nate Solder

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

If Allen and/or Ioannidas are playing DT in nickel and playing in our base D, that’s a lot of snaps, and even more reason to sign a DL that can take significant snaps.  I like Francis as a 4th DT, McGee is fine at DE, and Lanier looked pretty good as a situational DE (maybe even DT occasionally?).   We’re missing a true NT, and a rotational 3rd DT though, and then there’s still the issue of overplaying Allen/Ioannidas it one of them also plays DE opposite McGee.  Perhaps Hood slides over, or McClain steps up, but they aren’t ideal.  

I know Ionaddis was a starter by the end of the season, but was that the case early in the year?

Archived