Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Just now, hail2skins said:

Was thinking the same thing today. I did see that one of Biden's main spokeswomen (Symone Sanders) today reiterated Joe's opposition to people who cause property damage. I know the virus is creating challenges, but you can get the sense that Biden's relative invisibility (aside from last week, of course) might haunt him in a similar way that it did Hillary in 2016. Some think that staying on the sidelines and letting Trump continue to step in it is the best strategy, but I disagree. After the conventions are over, Joe needs to start making his presence felt more.

I agree. How he does that in the corona era, don’t know. He needs to though.

I wouldn’t base my hopes on getting votes of anyone who might even consider Trump. You just have to assume anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 or is considering Trump now; will in the end vote for Trump.

You need to get the people who didn’t vote for Trump in 2016 and the people who will never vote for Trump to come out and vote for Joe. You know they are in greater numbers than those voting for Trump. 

Joe needs to have daily virtual events in the key states and interviews with local media in key states. People will now pay attention. Also, with early voting and mail in balloting starting soon; need to focus on those states.

If Joe just bases his campaign on letting Trump **** up; then he will lose. He needs to give people the reasons to vote him in.

Even if Joe wins a comfortable or landslide electoral win; the margin of victory will be narrow.  Trump came out top last time, we need Joe to come out on top.

6 hours ago, PF Chang said:

Strong "America is a land of contrasts" energy from Melania talking about our past and future. 

Our Trump past and our Biden future?

6 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Those people "on the fence" at this point were voting for the orange lunatic no matter what. 

Yeah.  The person she describes isn't a swing voter.  She's a Trump voter, trying to pick her cover story.  

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Don Lemon right now is ranting about how the rioting is showing up in the polling (and heavily helping Donlad Trump).  Chris Cuomo agreed that it’s showing up in polling and focus groups.  If this is true, democrats have a problem.  Nothing Biden can do will stop it, and looking like he supports it will hurt him with centrists who strongly oppose rioting.  

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Was thinking the same thing today. I did see that one of Biden's main spokeswomen (Symone Sanders) today reiterated Joe's opposition to people who cause property damage. I know the virus is creating challenges, but you can get the sense that Biden's relative invisibility (aside from last week, of course) might haunt him in a similar way that it did Hillary in 2016. Some think that staying on the sidelines and letting Trump continue to step in it is the best strategy, but I disagree. After the conventions are over, Joe needs to start making his presence felt more.

Joe can't **** this up.

Can he?

32 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Joe can't **** this up.

Can he?

Of course he can. But the rioting not playing well in polls wouldnt be his fault. He would just be the unfortunate loser of this whole thing people politics is so ****ed up that people will ignore the multiple reasons there is looting spread over their timelines and run with the "Joe Biden want to kill you" thing. 

The easy way to beat this is to show the victims of police brutality, and their dying moments, as often as possible. If they are going to make the looting political, which the media will absolutely do because clicks, then you need to challenge them at every turn to show the violence that started it. But I guess that would be gross too. I dunno. 

But the answer is yes, of course he can. He can totally **** this up. 

I’m sure all the parents struggling to homeschool and work at the same time, the millions who have lost family and friends to the virus, the millions unemployed are greatly swayed by boring convention speeches.

Political punditry around conventions is just the absolute worst. Elections are not decided by these dumb events.

White supremacists walking around with AR-15s alongside the police in Wisconsin..destroying property.  But yeah, it somehow reflects negatively on Biden. 🙄

It's the same argument that mango is making (about how this is what a Biden run country would look like, riots, etc). Hey ****er. Who's the POTUS now? You're the reason for this. You flamed this unrest. 

36 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I’m sure all the parents struggling to homeschool and work at the same time, the millions who have lost family and friends to the virus, the millions unemployed are greatly swayed by boring convention speeches.

You point makes sense

but when I compare it to actual conversations with the people that matter for what you’re referencing... most conservatives I talk to are adamant the virus, more specifically the outcomes we have from it, are not in any way the fault of Trump or that anything could have or should have been done differently

honestly most of them seem to genuinely believe the numbers are fake...

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

You point makes sense

but when I compare it to actual conversations with the people that matter for what you’re referencing... most conservatives I talk to are adamant the virus, more specifically the outcomes we have from it, are not in any way the fault of Trump or that anything could have or should have been done differently

Exactly why I would waste zero time trying to convince these kind of people to vote blue, none of the cult will ever be swayed. I would focus all of my time on getting the young people to the polls along with the people who lost interest in politics once Obama was no longer eligible to be president. 

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

You point makes sense

Yeah, but they didn't need the convention to convince them to vote for Trump.  How many minds are really changed by these things on either side anyway?

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

You point makes sense

None of this is too surprising since Trump has had a fairly strong floor throughout his presidency of about 35% of the voting population.

At the same time he’s also hitting record disapproval’s bordering at 60%. If we are really looking at the data on how the election is playing out, the largest voting bloc in the country is people who are just sick and tired of him and just want him gone. A political convention, from either party, isn’t really changing this dynamic. 

Biden could mess this up ultimately because he is a paper tiger. He is the classic "please don't let this other guy get a 2nd term, but just in case he does, we don't want to waste a future bright star of the party on this election" kind of candidate.

The irony about Trump talking about lawlessness under Biden is the same thing as when in 2004 people said "Bush has kept us safe...............(since 9/11) as if 9/11 happening under his watch somehow should have got a pass.   Everything Trump is warning about, protests, riots, violence, tensions rising........it has zero to do with  Biden or a  hypothetical Biden Presidency. It is happening right now under Trump, and his inaction and lack of response have been a factor in it.  But of course, project all that onto your opponent.

Mike Pompeo's smirk galled me.  He started his speech with "I have a big job" which was a wink-wink alluding to him being Secretary of State and KNOWING he was breaking long-standing protocol - and his own admonition to State Department appointees - not to participate in partisan political activities.

I was glad that his speech was monotone, robotic, dry, and devoid of any human warmth.  If he hoped it would be a springboard to a future as a Presidential candidate, he is sadly mistaken.  He's got a significant prickish personality factor to overcome.

The media can't help themselves. (It's no wonder people generally hate media companies) The polling has been mostly static. Biden maintains over an 8 point lead nationally is up in every crucial battle ground state by at least a few points. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

At the same time he’s also hitting record disapproval’s bordering at 60%.

Read a while back (probably pre-virus) that Trump was on track to be the first POTUS in the history of opinion polling to go through his complete term of office and never have an approval above 50%.  

Archived