Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Win or Lose, Trump Is Stamping His Imprint on GOP Over Reagan’s  

>>>Donald Trump’s re-nominating convention this week is united around his vision for the party, but a loss in November will expose deep rifts in the GOP, forcing a battle over whether his brand of divisive, populist politics will last.

Win or lose, few in Republican politics think the party can ever return to the roots Ronald Reagan planted 40 years ago that embraced small government and an interventionist foreign policy.............<<<<

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

I just saw a picture of Melania...what is she wearing?

This?

JT3PEXVVMNGYDAVOIPHEQ6RB5U.jpg

I think that's her modern interpretation of Barbara Bach's outfit from "The Spy Who Loved Me" (hint hint).  She just had to remove the insignia.

5fd615263e8b7674b6e84e4d41a16115.jpg

Don Lemon right now is ranting about how the rioting is showing up in the polling (and heavily helping Donlad Trump).  Chris Cuomo agreed that it’s showing up in polling and focus groups.  If this is true, democrats have a problem.  Nothing Biden can do will stop it, and looking like he supports it will hurt him with centrists who strongly oppose rioting.  

1 hour ago, visionary said:
Elaina Plott tweets

😧

(Updated with the second tweet....)

Keep in mind that this "reporter" is an Ann Coulter fan and was a National Review person. She is auditioning for Fox News. She actually tweeted that someone called into cspan claimed to be a democrat from Pennsylvania and said they were now definitely voting for Trump. Sadly, this is what the NYTimes wants. They want a close election. 

Did all the people on Twitter (I mean media) praising Melania’s speech actually watch it?  I think if I had read it I might have a more favorable opinion of it, but I didn’t. Unfortunately, I watched it and what I saw was a slow robotic speech that went on far too long. 

Nevermind that it completely ignores reality and was delivered from bizarro land just like every other speech at the convention.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Don Lemon right now is ranting about how the rioting is showing up in the polling (and heavily helping Donlad Trump).  Chris Cuomo agreed that it’s showing up in polling and focus groups.  If this is true, democrats have a problem.  Nothing Biden can do will stop it, and looking like he supports it will hurt him with centrists who strongly oppose rioting. 

Was thinking the same thing today. I did see that one of Biden's main spokeswomen (Symone Sanders) today reiterated Joe's opposition to people who cause property damage. I know the virus is creating challenges, but you can get the sense that Biden's relative invisibility (aside from last week, of course) might haunt him in a similar way that it did Hillary in 2016. Some think that staying on the sidelines and letting Trump continue to step in it is the best strategy, but I disagree. After the conventions are over, Joe needs to start making his presence felt more.

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Was thinking the same thing today. I did see that one of Biden's main spokeswomen (Symone Sanders) today reiterated Joe's opposition to people who cause property damage. I know the virus is creating challenges, but you can get the sense that Biden's relative invisibility (aside from last week, of course) might haunt him in a similar way that it did Hillary in 2016. Some think that staying on the sidelines and letting Trump continue to step in it is the best strategy, but I disagree. After the conventions are over, Joe needs to start making his presence felt more.

Campaigns win on activity.  Trump is the more is more candidate, and no one can match him, but Biden has to have an active ground team in swing states.  He also has to stay on Trump and not let him rewrite reality.  A constant steady stream of effective attacks is needed.  They aren’t even really attacks at this point because you’re really just pointing out what Trump has done and said.  

Sadly much of the American electorate is nearly blind and deaf to politics.  You have to penetrate their stupid bubble that the internet has made stronger than ever.  

Archived