Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

28 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The recount is mandatory by state law. The vote ended with <-0.5% spread. So by state law there must be a recount. Republicans have asked for a hand recount and the SoS has granted it - which did NOT have to do. If he is to be believed he was planning on a hand recount anyway.

But nothing from the courts has required any of this. It's all part of GA State law. 

the only piece i cant find anywhere is, if they don't finish the hand recount by the deadline (11/20) - I don't know how they will since they still havent finished machine counting votes from election day - do they just revert back to the previously certified vote count? do they extend the deadline? or do they try to push it to the state (GOP) legislative?

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

These people are lunatics. They can't be placated. They will follow these fever dreams wherever they go. Whether it's Fox News, Breitbart, Newsmax, or OANN. They need their anger, outrage, and conspiracy theory fix and they'll get it from whoever happens to be selling it at the time.

It's the only thing that gets them out of bed in the morning. They need something to be angry about because their lives suck so much they don't have anything to feel good about. Which is of course their own damn fault, but it's waaaaaay easier to blame someone else for that, rather than taking responsibility for the choices you've made. They are lazy as hell.

How sad.

49 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Maybe you're right.

But the guy is also stupid and lunatics and doesn't care much about the consequences of his acts.

All he's doing is exciting his cult.

So at some point, if that ends in violence and riots, it shouldn't come as a surprise, that even if that was unintended, it's still the outcome of his acts and saying.

Cult fight!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

There are still lots and lots of things Biden's staff can do.  Trump refusing to concede just makes certain things harder.  Getting the gears of a new administration turning takes lots of money and coordination.  Trump is preventing them from accessing millions of dollars and using government resources for coordination.  I believe they still aren't being allowed to see the full-on Presidential intelligence briefs, which is a big deal.  

I mean, everything would be easier if he "disappeared," :)but we don't need him to.  This will all get resolved, it will just happen later and in states.  His brand/ideology will live on even once he dies, probably with the helm taken up by much smarter and competent grifters. 

Maybe he'll be in jail, that way he'll still be around, but not really.

34 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Why does the Georgia recount matter? is this just an attempt to save face and not have a red state turn blue? What am I missing?

In respect to Georgia, the results fall within the range of an automatic recount as determined by law, so it was going to happen anyway.

As far as all the other dumb ass legal maneuvers, and Trump and his bootlickers claiming fraud all over the place, that seems more like a grift to me. He's working up his cult on purpose, and millions of dollars are flowing into his scam ass "legal defense fund", which you know will go right into Trumps pockets. Con artists gonna con, and those idiots are falling for it in droves.

22 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Now even Fox is too leftist! They need to be obliterated. Only absolute blind loyalty will do.... anything else is heretical.

Oh the irony.

I really hope Trump's cult turns on Fox to the point where they no longer become relevant. They created the problems we have with years of abject dishonesty, manipulation, and bad faith "reporting". Trumpism wouldn't exist without the **** Fox pulled. If the monster they created ends up ruining them, that would be ****ing fantastic.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I really hope Trump's cult turns on Fox to the point where they no longer become relevant. They created the problems we have with years of abject dishonesty, manipulation, and bad faith "reporting". Trumpism wouldn't exist without the **** Fox pulled. If the monster they created ends up ruining them, that would be ****ing fantastic.

my hope is that this shift makes people like Hannity & Tucker irrelevant since their top viewers are moving to crazier "networks". so Fox can actually focus on the news for once. there are a ton of fox viewers that aren't crazy trump supporters, they just don't know that fox is just entertainment, and not really news. changing the message on fox would go a long way with those people

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Also it’s hard to ignore that everything he’s doing has a common underlying theme to it:

trying to protect himself from future prosecution

it makes more sense than Trump is actually trying to wage a coup. But maybe I’m overestimating the mans cowardice. 

Wondering if the cronies he's installing in classified positions is so they can destroy evidence. 

Only reason I have trouble believing is that I don't think he's smart enough to do that. 

6 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

What would be funnier is if Trump courts Carlson and Hannity for the new network, and they both turn down Trump. Trump may be placed on suicide watch at that point.

If they go, they should ask for their lifetime worth of salary up front in cash.

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think of it this way:  Trump know he has no chance of winning, but if he fights, then he will be seen as never breaking faith with his base.  By refusing to concede, he propagates the myth that he is being forced from office, but that he never lost and therefore remains the legitimate President in the eyes of his base, forever.  If he keeps his base, he (1) retains control over the GOP and the right wing media apparatus and (2) can monetize the **** out of it. 

I can see a few possible reasons for what Trump is doing and I can see the political motivations.  The problem is that he’s President and there’s more at play here than America’s inside baseball.  What Trump is doing is making the US lose face on the world stage.  It’s not a minor thing for the so called leader of the free world to have its elections called to question by its own leader.  Repeatedly.  especially when that same guy seems poised to retain control over one of just two political parties. 

Just now, Destino said:

I can see a few possible reasons for what Trump is doing and I can see the political motivations.  The problem is that he’s President and there’s more at play here than America’s inside baseball.  What Trump is doing is making the US lose face on the world stage.  It’s not a minor thing for the so called leader of the free world to have its elections called to question by its own leader.  Repeatedly.  especially when that same guy seems poised to retain control over one of just two political parties. 

I agree it's a huge problem, but obviously Trump does not GAF about those non-Trump considerations.  

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

What Trump is doing is making the US lose face on the world stage

Meh that ship sailed. 

if anything at this point it reinforces the fact trump is the cause of all that. I think Biden will be welcomed on the world stage and we’ll probably get a mulligan on everything 

as easy as it is to say they all just wrote us off and it’s irreparable damage, the truth is they need us and they need us to be sane and they know it. 

they got a crash course in what it could mean if the USA started operating like Russia or NK. Or any of the others. And I think they’re genuinely scared of it. 

23 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Does it really matter if Fox becomes irrelevant?

They ignited the fire. If it wasn’t them.... it would’ve been some other mechanism. 

Relevancy (influence) now only shifts to other outlet. And what’s more concerning.... is that this shift of energy is galvanizing into a higher energy. One that is more extremist.. and absolute intolerance. Should keep the FBI busy for a long time.

You guys don't get it.  Trumpism is a continuation of the Tea-Party.  GOP messaged the Tea-Party in major way into 2010 gains.  This is a continuation of Tea-Party plus birther movement, which are ideologically aligned.  Somehow this crosses in with Trumps economic populism (don't even know what that means policy-wise) and evangelical support.  

Most political folks would moderate the Tea Party and birther movement, Trump amplified it.  

59 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

the only piece i cant find anywhere is, if they don't finish the hand recount by the deadline (11/20) - I don't know how they will since they still havent finished machine counting votes from election day - do they just revert back to the previously certified vote count? do they extend the deadline? or do they try to push it to the state (GOP) legislative?

Here is the most detail I can find about the recount. They are aware of the Nov 20 deadline. It can be extended if required. Good article. 

https://www.ajc.com/politics/hand-recount-moves-ahead-under-interpretation-of-georgia-election-rules/A6TZPKBIMRCCTKBUZASTLLO4SE/

29 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Here is the most detail I can find about the recount. They are aware of the Nov 20 deadline. It can be extended if required. Good article. 

https://www.ajc.com/politics/hand-recount-moves-ahead-under-interpretation-of-georgia-election-rules/A6TZPKBIMRCCTKBUZASTLLO4SE/

thanks, so they're going to have to extend it (again, i don't know how you can hand-count 5 million votes in a week). i guess the question then is, will it be done by the time they need to certify to the EC

6 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

thanks, so they're going to have to extend it (again, i don't know how you can hand-count 5 million votes in a week). i guess the question then is, will it be done by the time they need to certify to the EC

Not sure, but it wouldn't matter. Biden could somehow lose GA, NV, and AZ on recounts (won't happen, but hypothetically) and still with the EC because of PA with 273.

Just now, mistertim said:

Not sure, but it wouldn't matter. Biden could somehow lose GA and NV, and AZ on recounts (won't happen, but hypothetically) and still with the EC because of PA with 273.

oh i know the election is over. biden has so many paths to victory. also, any recounts wouldn't make a difference anyway.

im just very frustrated that the GOP in Georgia keeps getting away with bull**** like this, and just hoping they don't try last minute BS that the "vote counting wasn't done in time, so lets go to the legislature". because i wouldn't put anything past them at this point

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

What would be funnier is if Trump courts Carlson and Hannity for the new network, and they both turn down Trump. Trump may be placed on suicide watch at that point.

What'd be even funnier is if Carlson and Hannity accepted and then six months later wondered why they haven't yet been paid. 

"Trump's treating us like every other contractor he works with and it's not fair! If we lie for him we deserve to get paid," Sean Hannity said in an unsealed court document.

Archived