Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

oh i know the election is over. biden has so many paths to victory. also, any recounts wouldn't make a difference anyway.

im just very frustrated that the GOP in Georgia keeps getting away with bull**** like this, and just hoping they don't try last minute BS that the "vote counting wasn't done in time, so lets go to the legislature". because i wouldn't put anything past them at this point

Well, like I said...that still wouldn't matter because the other states would certify and Biden would be well over 270 without Georgia. The only time it would go to Congress is if neither candidate reached 270 ECs. Since Trump is almost certain to lose PA, AZ, and NV, that option really isn't open to them by trying to slow down a hand count in GA.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Well, like I said...that still wouldn't matter because the other states would certify and Biden would be well over 270 without Georgia. The only time it would go to Congress is if neither candidate reached 270 ECs. Since Trump is almost certain to lose PA, AZ, and NV, that option really isn't open to them by trying to slow down a hand count in GA.

oh i know it "doesnt matter" either way. its just a personal thing i guess. GA's GOP leadership just pisses me off, ever since the Abrams BS they pulled, so I just personally dont want them to get away with it again (even if it doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things).

and when i said "go to legislature", i meant GA's legislature, not the US congress. if counts arent done in time, or there are legit reasons that the vote counting is off, certain states allow the state legislature to then pick electors. not saying that's going to happen, but i can see that as one of the plans the GA GOP is trying with delaying certification. again, it doesn't matter to biden, just BS

12 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

oh i know the election is over. biden has so many paths to victory. also, any recounts wouldn't make a difference anyway.

im just very frustrated that the GOP in Georgia keeps getting away with bull**** like this, and just hoping they don't try last minute BS that the "vote counting wasn't done in time, so lets go to the legislature". because i wouldn't put anything past them at this point

Where's the bull****?

Georgia law says if the race is within a certain percentage; there's an automatic recount.  The Georgia race meet that standard; so there's an automatic recount.

How, they recount is up to Georgia.  You just make sure when the recount is going on, people are observing the recounting to make sure no shenanigans' are happening.

11 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Biden crushed him. 5 million more votes nationally. More people should be talking about that. Electoral college changes the narrative. 

Does this make Trump the biggest loser in Presidential history? I wonder what the largest defeat in history is relative to the number of ballots cast.

Edit: Just looked it up. Roosevelt took 60.8% of the popular vote in 1936, while Landon won 36.5%. Still, Trump will always be the biggest loser in my heart.

I’m really interested in how Biden is going to roll.

He’s certainly put out messaging that he’s trying to stay above the rhetoric and messaging of division. And I would totally respect him if he lived up to that standard.  But in the debates..... I saw some ‘bite’ in Joe. And I hope he brings some of that to his Presidency. I hope it wasn’t just for show.

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

If Trump and Melania don’t do up Christmas, Joe should totally come out and state, “I thought they weren’t going to cancel Christmas?! Rest assured, Christmas will be saved by Biden presidency.”

OMG would that be awesome! Petty as hell but still awesome!  They have it coming for sure. 

30 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

only prez ever that lost popular vote (twice), impeached, and 1 term-president. guess that confirms it. worst president ever

Yeah but Obama wore a tan suit once and saluted a Marine while holding a coffee cup in his hand.

#BothSidesLife

2 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Does this make Trump the biggest loser in Presidential history? I wonder what the largest defeat in history is relative to the number of ballots cast.

Edit: Just looked it up. Roosevelt took 60.8% of the popular vote in 1936, while Landon won 36.5%. Still, Trump will always be the biggest loser in my heart.

Biggest loser for an incumbent I think.

Honestly if everyone would just shut up, turn off all the political stuff, and just follow the court cases.... I mean it’s plain as day what’s going on 😂

These guys can’t get anything in when it comes to evidence. Like, actual evidence. 

22 minutes ago, visionary said:

"Your honor, I understand when looking back on it that 'Sir Flying Fraud Lobster DePantalones' was an odd name for a person to have and that might not be a real name, but his story seemed compelling so we entered it as evidence. It appears we were misled."

Tshile said it best, ignore the noise and just pay attention to the actual court cases where lawyers face the loss of their career and a whole lot more if they go in front of a judge and lie about this stuff.  This is why all the noise is on blogs, Fox, OANN, etc etc etc but what these outlets are continually quiet about are the actual court cases that keep getting tossed over and over due to lack of standing. 

Re: Democratic lessons.  For me the major lesson is that when you are a party that tries to be big tent, with big ideas, and appeal to many different people, every single election is learning how to tow the line and keep everyone happy.  Trump was an easy foe to get behind ousting because he's.....Trump.  This shouldn't be a progressives VS moderates thing because the truth is you need both.  We learned from 2020 that the white grievance voter is still a massive base of voters when you have someone like Trump that can tap into it and bring them out from under every rock.  Trump did improve with minorities across the board but it was still a huge miscalculation by Dems that they had somehow won over a lot of these "ashamed I voted for Trump in 2016" mythical voters.  

Archived