Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

Rivera is such a clown 

The Wikipedia entry on Geraldo is actually a pretty interesting read. He was responsible for a lot of great journalistic work until the mid 80s when he was forever linked with the disaster that was Al Capones vault. From there it was a long descent- trash TV, accidentally giving up military secrets in Iraq, etc.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Ok, that is hilarious. The judges look they have about had it with these ridiculous lawsuits. Hopefully this will put an end to this farce. 

They don't care about the lower courts. They're:

1). Stalling

2). Making gestures to look like they did something, before heading to the Federal courts and hoping they'll find a liar from their Team. (Or 6 of them). 

The proud goys 😂😂😂😂😂

god I’m sick of their nonsense. 

wonder what their previous “were not racist look I’m Latino” President thinks now 😂

you were the “useful idiot” to an uprising of racism and general bigotry. Good job dumb dumb. 

Regarding the lawsuits and how ludicrous and without evidence they are...I was actually wondering that myself. At some point can judges impose some sort of penalty on them for bringing clearly meritless lawsuits without any actual evidence to back up their claims? Contempt of court? Referral to the bar? 

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Regarding the lawsuits and how ludicrous and without evidence they are...I was actually wondering that myself. At some point can judges impose some sort of penalty on them for bringing clearly meritless lawsuits without any actual evidence to back up their claims? Contempt of court? Referral to the bar? 

They could refer it to the bar as an ethics violation, but almost certainly not for something like this due to the parties and stakes. 

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_rules_of_professional_conduct/rule_3_1_meritorious_claims_contentions/

We got cool hand Joe on the case.  Despite the **** Donny is throwing about; Joe is going about the business of forming his administration.

They will be ready on 1/20/21 to take over.

Then the hard work of undoing the damage begins.

Trump can do whatever he wants. The votes will be certified. The electoral college will met next month. Joe takes over on 1/20/21.

There’s nothing Donny can do to change that. He will always been known as a presidential LOSER. Even if he won in 24; he will still be known as a one time loser.

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

They could refer it to the bar as an ethics violation, but almost certainly not for something like this due to the parties and stakes. 

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_rules_of_professional_conduct/rule_3_1_meritorious_claims_contentions/

This is a question not a statement since I understand you are an attorney - while there are not likely to refer them for any ethics violations for the lawsuits themselves, if they are actually caught lying to the judge, would that trigger a different response?   Maybe not referred to the bar but some other kind of reprimand or similar consequences? At some point I have to think there is some accountability expected here. But maybe not. 

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Wait, so you're saying that because this is so high profile they wouldn't refer lawyers who filed these lawsuits to the bar, no matter how without merit the lawsuits are?

I'd think it would be the opposite, ideally. The more important the situation, the higher the standards. I guess not?

27 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Dear, departed, Predicto used to say that as a practical matter, the ONLY thing that will cause an attorney to get disbarred, is doing something that wasn't in the client's interest. 

Anything else, done for the client, they're cool with. 

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Lose their practice and license to help King Grift, I think not lol

54 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is a question not a statement since I understand you are an attorney - while there are not likely to refer them for any ethics violations for the lawsuits themselves, if they are actually caught lying to the judge, would that trigger a different response?   Maybe not referred to the bar but some other kind of reprimand or similar consequences? At some point I have to think there is some accountability expected here. But maybe not. 

48 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, so you're saying that because this is so high profile they wouldn't refer lawyers who filed these lawsuits to the bar, no matter how without merit the lawsuits are?

I'd think it would be the opposite, ideally. The more important the situation, the higher the standards. I guess not?

Lawyers tend to get A LOT of leash with this kind of thing.  The model ethics rule I posted is generally to prevent people using the legal system as a cudgel rather than an arena to legitimately disagree.  A lawyer's first duty is to zealously represent his client's interests. 

I totally agree that Trump's lawyers are bringing BS suits with no evidence.  They are being appropriately laughed out of court so far as I've seen.  Even if I didn't hate Trump, I would not see this as ripe for ethical sanctions or contempt of court.  In terms of lying to a judge, there is a fine line between presenting things in the best light and in your own favor and lying.  I am certain the lawyers on Team Trump are pros and know where that line is and won't cross it. These folks are long-time power players, they aren't Stephen Miller/Kayleigh McEnany idiot types. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I am certain the lawyers on Team Trump are pros and know where that line is and won't cross it. These folks are long-time power players, they aren't Stephen Miller/Kayleigh McEnany idiot types. 

We've already seen it when the Trump attorneys were pressed on whether there were Republican observers and the one lawyer replied that there were "a non-zero number". 🤣

55 minutes ago, techboy said:

We've already seen it when the Trump attorneys were pressed on whether there were Republican observers and the one lawyer replied that there were "a non-zero number". 🤣

:ols:

Yeah that cracked me up too. Talk about parsing your statements. 

8 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Oh NO!!!! Fox has lost a lot of viewers because of their ‘call’?!?!? I know.... CANCEL CULTURE!!! Let’s all go to OAN.

I thought that’s what made libtards so insufferable?

That and having "safe spaces".

...which right wingers are now flocking to, themselves.

:ols:

What is the pathway to go from this to ever giving up the White House peacefully? I mean if this is what you are telling your supporters how can you ever leave? You would be giving up, you can’t do that. You could have just cried for a little bit and claimed fraud and then quietly left but now? He’s backing himself into a corner 

We are beyond the point now where GOP elders, Senators need to stand up against "election fraud fraud".    

I would like both GOP and Dems to start working against the political polarization... I am not sure how that happens... as it seems people want to hate those whose political ideologies are different.  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I am certain the lawyers on Team Trump are pros and know where that line is and won't cross it.

Which I’m assuming why we have a judge asking a direct question of 

“are you making accusations of fraud?”

and they're saying

”no”

judge knows the game, knows where the line is, knows they’re staying on the right side of the line, and is just trying to cut through the crap (and that judge already knows is crap)

it’s all just a formality. Lawyers are doing their job, as are judges

but one client is a raving lunatic and President so we have to go through the formalities. 

Archived