Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

Hey Charlie...ummm what day is it?

You’re underestimating him. We all didn’t think he would win in 2016. He will stay relevant and you will see MAGA and Trump flags out. Everytime Biden and/ or Harris will make a appearance, they will be out in force. They will keep him relevant. Never underestimate the thought of an American voter. He will stay in the news.

I can see where you're coming from but I disagree.  Of course you'll see some MAGA hats and Trump flags but you still see Obama stickers out, too.  Unfortunately the Trump gear will be a ****stain on our landscape for years to come.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if he's not in office, if he doesn't hold any power, there's not much that he can do, there's no influence he can wield.  His idiot supporters will realize that soon;  if he's not holding the highest office in the land, no one will give a **** about him.  And therefore, no one will give a **** about them.  No one's sticking a microphone in his face.  He'll still have twitter, but who's going to pay attention to him?  Sure, he'll have some hardcore supporters but I don't think we can count on 74 million people lining up to vote for him again in 4 more years.

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can see where you're coming from but I disagree.  Of course you'll see some MAGA hats and Trump flags but you still see Obama stickers out, too.  Unfortunately the Trump gear will be a ****stain on our landscape for years to come.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if he's not in office, if he doesn't hold any power, there's not much that he can do, there's no influence he can wield.  His idiot supporters will realize that soon;  if he's not holding the highest office in the land, no one will give a **** about him.  And therefore, no one will give a **** about them.  No one's sticking a microphone in his face.  He'll still have twitter, but who's going to pay attention to him?  Sure, he'll have some hardcore supporters but I don't think we can count on 74 million people lining up to vote for him again in 4 more years.

Can't say I agree with this. Look at how much influence people like Rush, Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, etc wield on the right, and none of them hold office. I don't see a reason why Trump couldn't do media stuff and be just as big an influence. Their followers lap this stuff up.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Already have a google voice number, that's what I used when I tried to sign up.  I completed the Captcha they have and it says "Phone number undeliverable"

Oh ok. Yeah screw that. Wouldn't want those nut cases having my phone number either. 

Just now, mistertim said:

Can't say I agree with this. Look at how much influence people like Rush, Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, etc wield on the right, and none of them hold office. I don't see a reason why Trump couldn't do media stuff and be just as big an influence. Their followers lap this stuff up.

I don't like any of those people, but who the hell would want to give Trump a show like they have?  The man cannot stay on topic, for all the grief that Biden get's for having "gaffes" Trump clearly was the guy who had mental issues.  Say what you want about Rush, Hannity, ****er and Ingraham, but at least they can string coherent sentences together.  Trump has verbal diarrhea that's worse than a 5 year old.  He just rambles and rambles and rambles.  It's awful. 

It is too early to say who the field in 2024 will be, but I think it is not off base to call Trump the favorite right now.  Doesn't mean he will be by the time 2024 rolls around or that he would even want to run again, but his massive support isn't going to magically vanish on January 20th.  If anything he will likely use his cult members to continue grifting them out of money for as long as he can before making any decisions.  

We also don't know where these investigations might end up going once Trump becomes a regular civilian again.  I have a hard time believing he isn't going to try and find a way to pardon himself for as much as he can before Biden is sworn in. 

1 hour ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Maybe it's just me, and it's scary THAT many people voted for Trump this time, but we did it once and we can ****ing do it again in 2024.

And we probably will. I think we all know the outcome here. Without covid he probably wins 350+ EC votes this year. 

a lot can happen between now and then but the trump of 11/11/20 would be the favorite to win in 2024

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't like any of those people, but who the hell would want to give Trump a show like they have?  The man cannot stay on topic, for all the grief that Biden get's for having "gaffes" Trump clearly was the guy who had mental issues.  Say what you want about Rush, Hannity, ****er and Ingraham, but at least they can string coherent sentences together.  Trump has verbal diarrhea that's worse than a 5 year old.  He just rambles and rambles and rambles.  It's awful. 

That's absolutely true, but his tens of millions of cult members will still listen to Trump. And that means lots and lots of money. So someone will pull the trigger and give it to him, regardless of how completely worthless he is as an actual show host.

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

To you and me he has mental issues. To lots of people he's an orange enraged version of John Locke. 

If I had no morals I'd sign him in a heart-beat. About 70 million Americans hang on his every word...or word salad. It would have unreal ratings. Positively corrosive to the nation, but since when did the broadcast world care about that?

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He won't be holding office anywhere, he won't go back to a house or senate seat.  So what exact power and influence would Trump have to wield over the party? 

trump is the party and we just have to accept it. What is to stop him from spending the next 4 years fundraising, holding campaign rallies, maybe he charges $5 to get in too, claiming he is the rightful president and will reclaim what the deep state stole from him in 2024 thru a rigged election. All while potshotting Biden and bashing Biden for not getting anything done despite it being due to Senate obstruction. 

he would have probably 98% of the 72 million that voted for him

44 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If four years of an actual Trump Presidency didn't change their minds, Joe Biden isn't going to.  

And I don't see the GOP moving on, either.  

If Trump had gotten a Jimmy Carter style whooping, the GOP would pull the trigger on "he was never a conservative anyway", and trying to pretend that they haven't been enthusiastically supporting every one of his proposals.  But he didn't.  

Just now, mistertim said:

That's absolutely true, but his tens of millions of cult members will still listen to Trump. And that means lots and lots of money. So someone will pull the trigger and give it to him, regardless of how completely worthless he is as an actual show host.

I hope not.  That'd be terrible.  I'm not sure who'd give it to him, it even looks like Fox News has soured on him.  Maybe that OAN network, but I don't have that channel (thankfully).

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

trump is the party and we just have to accept it. What is to stop him from spending the next 4 years fundraising, holding campaign rallies, maybe he charges $5 to get in too, claiming he is the rightful president and will reclaim what the deep state stole from him in 2024 thru a rigged election. All while potshotting Biden and bashing Biden for not getting anything done despite it being due to Senate obstruction. 

A heart attack. 

3 minutes ago, youngestson said:

To you and me he has mental issues. To lots of people he's an orange enraged version of John Locke. 

If I had no morals I'd sign him in a heart-beat. About 70 million Americans hang on his every word...or word salad. It would have unreal ratings. Positively corrosive to the nation, but since when did the broadcast world care about that?

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

If four years of an actual Trump Presidency didn't change their minds, Joe Biden isn't going to.  

And I don't see the GOP moving on, either.  

If Trump had gotten a Jimmy Carter style whooping, the GOP would pull the trigger on "he was never a conservative anyway", and trying to pretend that they haven't been enthusiastically supporting every one of his proposals.  But he didn't.  

Yeah, well, maybe you guys are right.  I dunno.  I'm just hoping that he fades away and that media outlets don't give him the air time.  Guess we'll find out.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

that was tame compared to this Parler post I saw earlier. How do we “reach” these people 

230AC953-55AE-45A6-B6D1-11847EB93A1B.jpeg.420238978c701938af8d33c2eaf3c128.jpeg

The simple fact someone feels OK to post that somewhere is frightening as hell. I hate guns but have for the first time in my life seriously considered saying **** it - can't beat them join them and getting one.   So far I have resisted the feelings but with things like the above - not sure I have much choice. 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, well, maybe you guys are right.  I dunno.  I'm just hoping that he fades away and that media outlets don't give him the air time.  Guess we'll find out.

That is what needs to happen. He is an attention whore. If he is not at the center of attention, he will self destruct trying to get there. You know the right wing media will engage him. But how much? I mean even they had problems with him during his presidency. Once he is a citizen again and not protected by the office, where will it go? 

Just now, goskins10 said:

That is what needs to happen. He is an attention whore. If he is not at the center of attention, he will self destruct trying to get there. You know the right wing media will engage him. But how much? I mean even they had problems with him during his presidency. Once he is a citizen again and not protected by the office, where will it go? 

You put it better than I could.  I agree, I'm not sure what the next few months will look like for the guy.  But I'm not going to give him any attention, I've had enough.

4 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Parler is basically going to be a sounding board of crazy ideas getting thrown back and forth....this is pretty much how QAnon started.

One can hope that maybe this is how the normal republicans will snap out of it?

Not sure it's going anywhere. You also have NewsMax, AON and others. Places like Blaze TV. It's all over the place. And these networks, if you want to call them that, feed this hatred becasue it boosts ratings. It appears to me they want a civil war. I how cooler heads prevail but history is full of times it did not. 

My hope is I said above - that it dies out and media stops covering him. 

Archived