Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm trying to remember what year we embarrased the Flyers so bad in a playoff game in philly refs damn near lost control and fans were throwing stuff on the ice.  Pretty sure we lost the last game they were so mad about it, we need to be ready for that.  Nobody wants somebody else holding a cup on their ice.  Nobody.

That was the "Monday Night Massacre" on April 19, 2016.

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

As cool as it would be for the Caps to win it all at home, if I was a player I'd be ok with hitting the Vegas strip after winning it all.  One more win.

If the Caps can get any kind of start or lead in Vegas, I think the Knights fold. It seemed like their will was broken for a large part of this game.

the biggest difference between this year and years past. The Caps put up 6 goals tonight and only 1 assist from Ovechkin. So many years it's been Ovechkin or nothing. DSP, Connolly, Kempney are not your typical goal scorers. This is just so enjoyable to watch. I don't have to worry about Ovechkin scoring everytime he's on the ice or they won't win. I know someone will score. 

Just now, Burgold said:

If the Caps can get any kind of start or lead in Vegas, I think the Knights fold. It seemed like their will was broken for a large part of this game.

I think that game is going to be tough. Vegas will be playing for pride, in front of their home crowd and, most especially, on that terrible ice. Not a complete gimme.

Archived