Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I keep reading about the hit that Oshie made on Miller shoulda been a penalty but they never call that in the NHL, just whiny Knights fans that don’t know hockey. That’s physical play, he made a good play and dumped it back to Backstrom which set up the goal. It might seem like a high shoulder hit but Oshie played that beautifully. 

Just now, maxspruill21 said:

I keep reading about the hit that Oshie made on Miller shoulda been a penalty but they never call that in the NHL, just whiny Knights fans that don’t know hockey. That’s physical play, he made a good play and dumped it back to Backstrom which set up the goal. It might seem like a high shoulder hit but Oshie played that beautifully. 

Yeah, it was shoulder to chest and then Millers head whipped forward and hit Oshies helmet. Definitely not a penalty, funny to hear Vegas fans complain when their guys play so dirty.

I think the 2 goals Vegas scored late last night when we let off a bit was good for us. Something Trotz can point to as a problem and that they cant let off at all.

14 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

Neal literally did the same thing to Orpik in Game 2 or 3.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

I thought so.  I dont mean bad.  Just off.  A few early rebounds out straight, missed with a blocker on a shot that hit the side of the net early, was a bit hesitant on Vegas' first goal.  

It's fine.  He was good enough.  But he's better that he played.  

I thought he ended up making some huge saves and he was still in good control and had good positioning most of the game. Sometimes it's just a credit to the other team and the way Vegas came out, they deserved better than what they got early on. I was really happy to hear him say they need to look at some things and clean some things up. 

9 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

James Neal and Deryk Engelland both had worse hits, Neal on Orpik and Engelland on Kuzy. Vegas had 4 PP last night, 2 in game 3.  The Caps had 7 in the first 3 games combined (1 in game 1, 2 in game 2, 4 in game 3). So to recap, in the 2 games in the Vegas barn the Caps had 3 PP, while in the two games in the Caps barn the Knights had 6 PP. And somehow the officiating treated the Knights unfairly? Yes, the Caps had 3 more PP opportunities than the Knights over the 2 games in DC, but the Knights had 3 more PP opportunities than the Caps in game 2. And the biggest penalty in Vegas was not called - cross checking on Reaves to tie the game, otherwise this was a sweep...

4 minutes ago, c slag said:

The Capitals and this Stanley Cup run is currently  renting all of the space in my head today 

Same. I'm still doing all the stuff I need for work but it's almost like taking a break from following the Caps news.  

7 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

James Neal and Deryk Engelland both had worse hits, Neal on Orpik and Engelland on Kuzy. Vegas had 4 PP last night, 2 in game 3.  The Caps had 7 in the first 3 games combined (1 in game 1, 2 in game 2, 4 in game 3). So to recap, in the 2 games in the Vegas barn the Caps had 3 PP, while in the two games in the Caps barn the Knights had 6 PP. And somehow the officiating treated the Knights unfairly? Yes, the Caps had 3 more PP opportunities than the Knights over the 2 games in DC, but the Knights had 3 more PP opportunities than the Caps in game 2. And the biggest penalty in Vegas was not called - cross checking on Reaves to tie the game, otherwise this was a sweep...

Vegas was particularly dirty in the 3rd period. They dished out far worse than anything the Caps did. Didn't Wilson get hit in the face with a stick with the linesman between the him and a Vegas player (Reaves)? Wilson would get suspended for that or if he had a hit on a Vegas player that was similar to the hit on Oshie along the boards at the end of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Vegas was particularly dirty in the 3rd period. They dished out far worse than anything the Caps did. Didn't Wilson get hit in the face with a stick with the linesman between the him and a Vegas player (Reaves)? Wilson would get suspended for that or if he had a hit on a Vegas player that was similar to the hit on Oshie along the boards at the end of the game. 

It seems to me that there a couple of Knights who deserve a penalty. Heck, several had to be kicked off the ice. The guy you mentioned, number 75 was really hitting below the belt and taking a bunch of cheap shots.

6 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

McPhee AINEC. Poor Vegas fans are suckered into believing that Forsberg-trading turncoat is actually a good GM.

GMGM is a good GM. 12 active guys are this team were selected by GMGM and it's not like he was constantly picking at the top of the first round in drafts. He put together the best team in the West and has a lot of assets at this disposal going forward. 

GMGM draft Kuzy 26th overall in the 2010. 25 other GMs passed on him. Holtby was 93rd overall in 2008 and either Holtby or Kuzy likely wins the Conn Smythe on Thursday. 

8 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Fair. Weather. Fan. Trust me. 

I don't know if that is fair. He grew up a Chicago fan, but when he moved to LA he had no way to follow them and the Kings were there. He bought a place in Annapolis, and his kid is a huge Caps fan. He's been to most playoff games over the last decade...

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

GMGM is a good GM. 12 active guys are this team were selected by GMGM and it's not like he was constantly picking at the top of the first round in drafts. He put together the best team in the West and has a lot of assets at this disposal going forward. 

GMGM draft Kuzy 26th overall in the 2010. 25 other GMs passed on him. Holtby was 93rd overall in 2008 and either Holtby or Kuzy likely wins the Conn Smythe on Thursday. 

Good GM, never able to get us over the hump though.  Great drafting, very poor trades and free agent acquisitions.

Plus, **** him for letting Filip Forsberg get away for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

GMGM is great at drafting guys. He sucks at making trades.  He sucks at hiring HC.  Gallant, on day 1, was a good hire for this season but there were already questions about whether he would be a good hire in year 4. With the Caps, it was Cassidy. Hanlon. Oates. Hunter. Boudreau was promoted as interim and kept the job.  He passed on Jon Cooper for Adam Oates. He traded that player for Martin Erat and Michael Latta.

6 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I don't know if that is fair. He grew up a Chicago fan, but when he moved to LA he had no way to follow them and the Kings were there. He bought a place in Annapolis, and his kid is a huge Caps fan. He's been to most playoff games over the last decade...

Sounds extremely circuitous to me. If he really cared about hockey he'd be a 'Hawks fan for life. 

1 minute ago, Mournblade said:

Sounds extremely circuitous to me. If he really cared about hockey he'd be a 'Hawks fan for life. 

Come on. Back in the day you either root for the home team or have no rooting interest. Can you really be a fan of a team you have no way of following? What are you gonna do, read box scores?

I think the thing with the Oshie hit that has some upset is that after contact he throws his elbow in the air, and from behind it looks he elbowed the dude.  but the side view shows that's clearly not what happened.

2 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Hi all. Going to game 5 in Vegas and need ideas for a sign. Says online the max is 11"x17" so its gotta be pretty short and sweet. The Needs Better Commentators was great and I hate Pierre too so anything with him sucking something is the right direction, but I don't want to put anything that could get me kicked out. Anyone else going?

Just a thought would be that it might make sense to focus on Caps rather than salt on Vegas.  I have no idea what the atmosphere is like at T-Mobile Arena, but it might result in needless trouble with morons.

Archived