Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

17 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Just a thought would be that it might make sense to focus on Caps rather than salt on Vegas.  I have no idea what the atmosphere is like at T-Mobile Arena, but it might result in needless trouble with morons.

"Tom Wilson is a 1st liner, change my mind."

Wear a cup and a have a mouthguard if you do that sign though.

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Come on. Back in the day you either root for the home team or have no rooting interest. Can you really be a fan of a team you have no way of following? What are you gonna do, read box scores?

I lived in Memphis for 8 years (86-94) pre-internet and I managed to follow all my teams through the newspaper or cable sports stations.

2 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Hi all. Going to game 5 in Vegas and need ideas for a sign. Says online the max is 11"x17" so its gotta be pretty short and sweet. The Needs Better Commentators was great and I hate Pierre too so anything with him sucking something is the right direction, but I don't want to put anything that could get me kicked out. Anyone else going?

C'mon man, you want to use this opportunity to get on TV, because there is a good chance that they show how happy the small contingent of Caps fans are.  If you are saying mean things about NBC and its employees, you have no shot.  

I would blow up this picture as big as is allowable:

REKHMPPYCA7T5BADZGDBZOTS2M.jpg

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Good GM, never able to get us over the hump though.  Great drafting, very poor trades and free agent acquisitions.

Plus, **** him for letting Filip Forsberg get away for nothing.

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

GMGM is great at drafting guys. He sucks at making trades.  He sucks at hiring HC.  Gallant, on day 1, was a good hire for this season but there were already questions about whether he would be a good hire in year 4. With the Caps, it was Cassidy. Hanlon. Oates. Hunter. Boudreau was promoted as interim and kept the job.  He passed on Jon Cooper for Adam Oates. He traded that player for Martin Erat and Michael Latta.

You guys are way undervaluing him. He built the core of this teams and definitely had good free agent signings and trades. He robbed Colorado on the Varly trade. 

Of course the one noteable trade was a disaster. That shouldn’t outweigh the roster he put together here. 

While Oates turned out to be a bad head coach, no one thought it was a bad hire at the time and he was good for Ovechkin. 

Hunter hockey, which was painful to watch, got the Caps within a bounce of the 3rd round. 

3 hours ago, Mournblade said:

You want him back for the Caps?

He had his run here and did a lot of good. Anyone that thinks he is or was a bad GM shouldn’t even be watching the Caps now. He’s a good GM and deserves his success in Vegas. The Caps may not be here without what he did.  He built a huge part of this team. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Sooo I have my Volleyball league playoffs Thursday. Semifinal at 8 and if we win, final at 9. Ideally we steamroll so I can bolt early to watch the end of the game and the celebration after.

Call them and tell them to reschedule. It’s awesome for your team but this is a once in a life time opportunity for us fans 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Sooo I have my Volleyball league playoffs Thursday. Semifinal at 8 and if we win, final at 9. Ideally we steamroll so I can bolt early to watch the end of the game and the celebration after.

DVR!  Record that ****, don't check your phone for 2 measly hours, watch the whole thing on a delay (and without commercial interruption). 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

DVR!  Record that ****, don't check your phone for 2 measly hours, watch the whole thing on a delay (and without commercial interruption). 

There is no way people won’t be announcing the score at his game. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

C'mon man, you want to use this opportunity to get on TV, because there is a good chance that they show how happy the small contingent of Caps fans are.  If you are saying mean things about NBC and its employees, you have no shot.  

I would blow up this picture as big as is allowable:

Jesus saves...and so does Holtby

36 minutes ago, Hersh said:

There is no way people won’t be announcing the score at his game. 

Yeah, plus they have a big TV at the place that you can see as soon as you enter/leave that will definitely be showing the game.

Its okay, we should be done by 10 at the latest, so I'll be home in time for the latter half of the 3rd period + postgame.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah, plus they have a big TV at the place that you can see as soon as you enter/leave that will definitely be showing the game.

Its okay, we should be done by 10 at the latest, so I'll be home in time for the latter half of the 3rd period + postgame.

I get it. I've never skipped playing in a hockey game to watch the Caps in the playoffs. Fortunately I haven't had a game conflict in the during the Final. 

A guy's sitting alone at the Stanley Cup playoff game 5 with an empty seat next to him.  The person on the other side asks him why he's alone.  He responds that it was alwasy his and his wifes dream to watch the Caps win the Cup together, but sadly she had passed away.  The person asks "none of your friends could take her place"?  He responds "no, they're all at the funeral."

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

He had his run here and did a lot of good. Anyone that thinks he is or was a bad GM shouldn’t even be watching the Caps now. He’s a good GM and deserves his success in Vegas. The Caps may not be here without what he did.  He built a huge part of this team. 

Yeah, I guess since MacLellan was here for a lot of GMGM's time here as well, they probably both deserve a lot of credit for the roster built.

I again wonder if Boudreau eventually would've won the Cup here.  People are happy now that the Caps on are the verge of hoisting it with Trotz, but its not like Barry just got here and the Caps are in the Finals. For the past three seasons Trotz got the Caps as far as the other coaches before him......still good teams, but no luck in the playoffs until his fourth year. And Gallant had made the playoffs two straight years with Florida but got shoved out early in his third season there, and one would have to admit he deserves a good deal of credit for VGK making it for as far as they have this season.

What's exciting is that whichever team (probably the Caps) wins this series, we're going to literally blink and they'll already be dropping the puck to start 2018-19 season. We don't have to wait the interminable seven months to see hockey again like we do from Super Bowl to NFL opening day!

Lets talk Conn Smythe race:

1. Ovechkin: 14 goals (leads playoffs), 12 assists, 26 points

2. Kuznetsov: 12 goals, 19 assists, 31 points (leads playoffs)

3. Holtby: 15 victories (leads playoffs), 2.13 GAA, 2 Shut outs (one of them a critcal Game 7 vs Tampa)

I'd say Ovechkin is leading the stats game but from the standpoint of just watching the games I'd give it to Holtby without hesitation.

I mean Holtby basically stole Game 2 with that giant save, and played the game of his life vs Tampa in Game 7 to put them in SC in the first place. OV and Kuzy's contributions are diminished somewhat from the Capitals tremendous secondary scoring. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I get it. I've never skipped playing in a hockey game to watch the Caps in the playoffs. Fortunately I haven't had a game conflict in the during the Final. 

You and I are on the same page with this one. I have always had the philosophy that I’d rather play than watch. I play softball with guys who will not show up to games because Carolina is playing basketball. Most of them didn’t even go to the school. But this is just watching on TV, not even attending in person which I understand.  I told one guy this year to DVR the game and he looked at me like I was insane. He’s only 26, so he isn’t some old fart that can’t use technology. But he was going to leave a tournament where he was the only pitcher, just to go watch a regular season game on TV. 

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

I lived in Memphis for 8 years (86-94) pre-internet and I managed to follow all my teams through the newspaper or cable sports stations.

Reminds me of playing fantasy hockey back in early 90s. 

Basically a crumpled up piece of paper with 8 teams with pre-chosen players. You then took turns picking your team. Last few people to pick always got screwed.  

7 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah, it was shoulder to chest and then Millers head whipped forward and hit Oshies helmet. Definitely not a penalty, funny to hear Vegas fans complain when their guys play so dirty.

I think the 2 goals Vegas scored late last night when we let off a bit was good for us. Something Trotz can point to as a problem and that they cant let off at all.

Sirius nhl radio was really giving miller a hard time for going down after that hit and not pushing thru and skating on that series.  Heard it from two different commentators.  Harsh :ols:

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

We were supposed to have a game at Reston at 8:50 last Saturday, it was cancelled due to the finals.  Fairfax was a different story, we played last night at 11:15.  Luckily, the game was well over by the time I got there.  Watched on a TV in the lobby as we all dressed out in the lobby.  Game ended before ours started.

I want to post a long soliloquy about seeing such a great win with the DC faithful out on the street but the pressing matter is...

Does everyone need a Mystics ticket to be able to attend the watch party? If so, that'd be incredibly lame and will likely disallow many actual real caps fans who deserve to be in the building for a potential title win 

1 minute ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

I want to post a long soliloquy about seeing such a great win with the DC faithful out on the street but the pressing matter is...

Does everyone need a Mystics ticket to be able to attend the watch party? If so, that'd be incredibly lame and will likely disallow many actual real caps fans who deserve to be in the building for a potential title win 

No, everyone needs to get a viewing party ticket if u don’t have a Mystics ticket. Doors open at 3pm and will be open until full. So unless u can get there before 4-5 ur pretty much screwed and will have to watch outside

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Lets talk Conn Smythe race:

1. Ovechkin: 14 goals (leads playoffs), 12 assists, 26 points

2. Kuznetsov: 12 goals, 19 assists, 31 points (leads playoffs)

3. Holtby: 15 victories (leads playoffs), 2.13 GAA, 2 Shut outs (one of them a critcal Game 7 vs Tampa)

I'd say Ovechkin is leading the stats game but from the standpoint of just watching the games I'd give it to Holtby without hesitation.

I mean Holtby basically stole Game 2 with that giant save, and played the game of his life vs Tampa in Game 7 to put them in SC in the first place. OV and Kuzy's contributions are diminished somewhat from the Capitals tremendous secondary scoring. 

No need to single out the game 7 shutout as critical, game 6 was also an elimination game.

41 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We were supposed to have a game at Reston at 8:50 last Saturday, it was cancelled due to the finals.  Fairfax was a different story, we played last night at 11:15.  Luckily, the game was well over by the time I got there.  Watched on a TV in the lobby as we all dressed out in the lobby.  Game ended before ours started.

Had a game scheduled at Kettler Capitals Iceplex at 9:30.  And they refuse to ****ing reschedule.  Seriously.  The Kettler Capitals Iceplex refuses to reschedule for the first game in Capitals history where they can be awarded the the Stanley Cup.  I'm skipping that game, but hopefully the refs skip out on it and forces the rink to rethink their ****ty play.  I expect this from Fairfax, but I expect better from KCI.

3 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Apparently all Mystics tickets are being refunded and instead tickets will be given out for free to attend the game and then stick around afterwards for the Capitals viewing party.

Archived