Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

5 hours ago, Broken TK said:

Pryor's visititation has been DELETED. 

That rapscallion Drew is his agent & is using it to play the Browns which is where Pryor wants to stay. 

Glad you were wrong about this, was reading through the thread and getting sad when the Schefter tweeted popped up on my phone. Whew

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Browns were offering him 10M :ols:

but the Brown have a big ??? at QB .  They ditch RG3 pick up Brock but rumor is they will dump Brock ..... so who would be throwing to him .  Cant blame players for not wanting to be where things are uncertain 

Drew overestimated Pryor's value on the open market.  Nobody wanted to risk giving a LTD deal at $12M avg to a 27/28 YO raw WR.  So the only why to save face was a 1 yr show me deal.  Figured this would happen.  Wonder if they're banking on Cousins throwing to him.  

I gather he wanted to be here because on NFL Network they suggested Browns would have been willing to match that money and for a longer deal.  Love the signing.  Big thumbs up to me.  You got some big boy receivers now with Doctson and Pryor.  Jay liked the big WRs in Cincy now he's got them here.

Just now, SpacePenguin said:

I'm being told that it's a 1 yr deal for Pryor because commitment is being questioned, per source. Want an out just in case.

....Who can blame Pryor for not wanting to sign LTD? :)

I guess there were no other good suitors, cuz signing with a team that questions your commitment outta the gate seems curious.  

1 minute ago, SpacePenguin said:

I'm being told that it's a 1 yr deal for Pryor because commitment is being questioned, per source. Want an out just in case.

....Who can blame Pryor for not wanting to sign LTD? :)

Maybe he just want to see what Kirk does?

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Your not understanding this. Your way could work and not saying its wrong but it is wrong this season. That's because of what's out there in Free Agency. Where are the Defensive starters coming from in this FA class? They aren't coming, because they aren't out there. You know what is out there? RB's. RBs in free agency, RBs in the draft. There are tons of them, supply is deep as hell. Not the same for Defensive players. You want to use a 2nd round pick on a RB, that's dumb. Understanding football direction changes every single year. You can't lock into a set way to think. You look at what's there and adjust. With so much RB supply cost will be lower. More supply less demand less cost. It's NFL economics

So why are all the other teams not gouging each others eyes out for those running backs then? It is because they do not have much of a shelf life. I have seen defenders get tons of contracts so far in FA. Both positions are very deep in the draft and there is a very good chance of 4 yes count them 4 RB's going in the first round this year. On the DL it could be 8 who knows. My point is there is a ton of depth in this draft for both and picking a running back in 1 or 2 is not a dumb move by any stretch it all depends on where it falls. We do not need to pick up Adrian Peterson or Jamaal Charles with 4 backs on the roster period. No need to. But if a burner appears that has fresh legs and can do big things you draft him on the potential. That is what the draft is all about. If the DL guy is there and is a good pick at 17 then you take him. Its all on how things fall.

Just now, SpacePenguin said:

Pryor is questioning the franchise's commitment to winning :)

This. Your franchise QB wont sign aLTD unless the team President is fired, and they just fired the only guy in the FO that is worth a ****. I'm not sure I'd sign ANY kind of deal with that, but I'm sure he wants to see if he has a QB that is worth anything.

Archived