Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

20 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

This may be the case, and I really have no idea what will happen with Marshall outside of the fact that he's still on the team so I've gotta think someone in the building believes there's some potential there, but I believe people overdo this whole "RB instincts" thing. 

Dang you sure put a lot of effort into this so I simply had to respond.  As I read the first part about instincts being learned the name Priest Holmes came to my mind.  Now here was a very average back in Baltimore, by the time he got to KC he had perhaps the best instincts I have ever seen.  His patience at the goal line, then bam the next thing you know he was in the end zone when it looked like there was nothing there, was amazing.  So there's a good example. 

Problem is that's the only one I can come up with.  I do believe instincts are born and most either have it or they don't. We saw it in Emmitt right away, we saw it to a lesser extent with Alf and both were evident from the start of their career.   We didn't see it with Matt Jones and I highly doubt we ever will.

Still a great post by you and even though I disagree props for the effort. 

PS  I got a penalty when I first started posting here regularly for responding to a long post without shortening it.  I asked for clarification as I was unfamiliar with the rule from the mod but never got one.   Is this an example? Are we to cut large posts in text down?  Or is it just for graphics?

Thanks

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

PS  I got a penalty when I first started posting here regularly for responding to a long post without shortening it.  I asked for clarification and never got it from the mod. Is this an example? Are we to cut large posts in text down?  Or is it just for graphics?

Yes, rule 11 isn't just about not quoting pics, but also large chunks of text. 

It's not something we're extremely tough on, but when it gets bad enough and/or everyone is doing it we start warning about it. It's simply about ensuring no one has to scroll through a ton of repeated text, just common courtesy more than anything. :) 

You're fine here, though. 

As for your point, I made a post some time ago where I pointed out fairly recent examples of RBs taking time to hit their stride, that they didn't just automatically translate their game. That being said, most successful RBs do it quickly.

But that doesn't negate my point, really. My point is about when those perceived instincts develop and how related it is to their college experience/inexperience. I don't believe they're just "there", like you said. I think it just appears so with RBs more than any other position because... well, I won't reiterate and save everyone's time, anyone can just read that post I made, lol. 

Btw, since the topic was brought up... the new board software allows us to highlight any amount of text from someone's post, and then a button that reads "Quote This?" will automatically pop up. Hit that button and it will only quote that highlighted part of the post! Very convenient. 

That makes it super easy to avoid quoting large chunks of text and annoying everyone in the process. :) 

I totally get the reason for the rule. What I didn't get was the expectation that every new poster will read and memorized every rule.  Mod seemed pretty over the top at a minor (IMO) infraction and didn't bother to reply to my question but whatever.  I don't want to get in trouble again.  :)

35 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I totally get the reason for the rule. What I didn't get was the expectation that every new poster will read and memorized every rule.  Mod seemed pretty over the top at a minor (IMO) infraction and didn't bother to reply to my question but whatever.  I don't want to get in trouble again.  :)

Well, that is the expectation here. It's what keeps this board operating at, what we believe, the highest standard. Many of the rules are common sense, but some like Rule 11 do need to be read at least once, so I wouldn't say one needs to memorize everything. We always recommend a person who just signed up to get their feet under them before they post and do more reading. 

I also looked over what happened with you. Looks like the problem wasn't the original infraction, it was that you didn't clean up the post as you were asked to do. Maybe you didn't know how, I don't know... but fortunately nothing really bad came out of it. 

Btw, you are violating rule 4 (posting in the appropriate forum) right now and I'm letting you get away with it. So consider that even-ing things up. ;):)

If you've got any other questions you can PM me or post in the Feedback Forum. 

Archived