Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

The reason you get a FA is to not use a draft pick. That's the point, FA net loss is only money. Has nothing to do with whats in the draft rather keeps the options open.

I guess narrowing in on just using a high pick on a position is the way you guys want to go with this. I don't and think that's stupid. Why? Because our coach isn't about to commit to a bell cow RB in the first place, not his style of offense. Why use a draft pick on someone riding the bench? We can use the draft pick on a Defensive starter who will see the field. We address the RB with cash and Defense with pick. Or we get a RB with the draft and the defensive starter comes from? 

It's about using our resources correctly

It's stupid? With the talent at running back? Why couldnt we take one that falls to the second? I fail to see if they go BPA and a high end running back is sitting there why they would not take them. It is not stupid at all if someone like Mccaffery falls to you. That is how you build depth by going BPA. Narrowing your eyes just on dl is how you wind up reaching. You need to keep all options open. They could go corner or safety too. They could go a multitude of ways. When you have 4 young backs on the roster no way you devote FA resources to an aging running back. Now that to me is the stupid route.

Just now, fordranger76 said:

It's stupid? With the talent at running back? Why couldnt we take one that falls to the second? I fail to see if they go BPA and a high end running back is sitting there why they would not take them. It is not stupid at all if someone like Mccaffery falls to you. That is how you build depth by going BPA. Narrowing your eyes just on dl is how you wind up reaching. You need to keep all options open. They could go corner or safety too. They could go a multitude of ways. When you have 4 young backs on the roster no way you devote FA resources to an aging running back. Now that to me is the stupid route.

Your not understanding this. Your way could work and not saying its wrong but it is wrong this season. That's because of what's out there in Free Agency. Where are the Defensive starters coming from in this FA class? They aren't coming, because they aren't out there. You know what is out there? RB's. RBs in free agency, RBs in the draft. There are tons of them, supply is deep as hell. Not the same for Defensive players. You want to use a 2nd round pick on a RB, that's dumb. Understanding football direction changes every single year. You can't lock into a set way to think. You look at what's there and adjust. With so much RB supply cost will be lower. More supply less demand less cost. It's NFL economics

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Much much rather have Pryor for 8M than Alshon for 14M.

This!  Exactly this! I think we are going to be nasty with Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, Reed and....Mccaffrey?  Damn that'd be sick.

Archived