Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Unless he only wanted a 1yr deal this is a dumb move by us. I'm tired of renting players. So he will ball out and walk. 

I wish we could have locked him up longer 

Can you blame him?  The conversation was probably:

SKINS:  We'd love to do a 3 year deal

PRYOR:  Who is throwing me the ball in years 2 and 3?

SKINS:  1 year deal it is!

Just now, SkinsPassion4Life said:

The people that are complaining about the one year deal would probably be praising it if GMSM had done it.

It IS weird though. But maybe that's what Prior wanted, rent but don't buy.  IF they reach an agreement with Kirk, and the team plays well, he commits after the season long term.

Makes sense.

1 minute ago, SlkyCaramel said:

Exactly. Thought originally the Browns DID offer him the same contract they offered Britt, 4 years, 32 million (8 million a year) but he turned it down thinking he could get more. 

I don't think they made him another offer though after he turned it down. 

Then we should have offered 4yrs 8.5-9 mil. 

Up their offer ans get him long term. 

Just now, Tay said:

He wasn't getting the LTD he wanted, so he signed a prove it deal. Not bad for either party.

Really tough to bash the Redskins for this particular signing.

Exactly but people will find a way to do it anyway. 

The Browns offered him a LTD and he turned it down. 

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

Could be that he didn't want to be here long term if Kirk wasn't here long term and go from one team with QB issues to another. 

Hmm, you could be on to something.  After playing with Hoyer, Kessler, and RG III for a year I wouldn't want to go down that road again either. 

Just now, SlkyCaramel said:

I don't think Kirk had ANYTHING to do with Pryor signing a 1 year deal just like Jeffrey signing a 1 year deal had nothing to do with Wentz. 

Except that Pryor was neither suspended nor injured recently  Jeffrey had both issues.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't understand it either. 

I understand it from Pryors seat. A QB who throws for almost 5,000 yards and just lost his top two WRs and a TE that is generally injured?

Pryor, if hes as good as we think, is going to lead the league in every category and make $20mil next year for someone else.

3 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'd rather have Pryor for 8 million than Alshon Jeffrey at 14 mil

Me too

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

Nothing says they can't negotiate throughout the year as it goes on to bring them in longer.

~Bang

Exactly

As for the fall out of this, Corey Coleman the #1 in Cleveland now, Pryor #1 option in DC. Both teams need more receivers

Is it just me or did the Redskins just get a better player for less money than what the Eagles did with Alshon Jeffrey??

I guess you could argue that Jeffrey has more experience, but Pryor has a bigger upside.  He certainly won't be a bargain next year if he does well...

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Because he's going to explode and get over twice that from someone else.

****ing stupid team. It's like they only want to win this year.

I can understand why most everyone is so upset, but all is far from lost.  We have signed two DTs and a safety on defense.  We have signed a WR that is about as fast as Desean, but is 6'4" tall and younger.  Kirk has signed his tender and will be her this year if we want him here.  We lost our GM, but we don't know the details of behind the scene problems.  Would it have made a difference if we fired him in January?  At least we got his analysis for this off season. 

So, if we get Kirk signed to a LTD, I hope most of us can stop crying so much.  If we sign Kirk, pick up 1 free agent defensive stud and have a good draft, then we are back to where we all expected us to be.  The media is helping to drive all this decent and confusion.  We fired our GM, it happens.  We are waiting a long time to get the LTD deal signed with our QB, it happens (see Von Miller last season.)  We let some long time 'Skins leave via free agency.  It happens.  I

If the LTD is signed and we sign 1 stud free agent on defense, I personally think we are back to being favorites to win our division.  I am not happy with the drama, but the party is not over and the results are still promising.   Hang in there and HTTR.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm 27. We have never actually rebuilt in my lifetime, on paper or otherwise, so idk what you mean by this.

Let me name a few of this Big Name signings that were supposed to put us over the top.

Deion Sanders, Jeff George, Adam Archuleta, Antwann Randle El, Fat Albert Hanynesworth, Donovan McNabb, Bruce Smith.

Snyder has always played fantasy football but has no idea what it takes to really build a team.

Archived