Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

2 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

I can understand why most everyone is so upset, but all is far from lost.  We have signed two DTs and a safety on defense.  We have signed a WR that is about as fast as Desean, but is 6'4" tall and younger.  Kirk has signed his tender and will be her this year if we want him here.  We lost our GM, but we don't know the details of behind the scene problems.  Would it have made a difference if we fired him in January?  At least we got his analysis for this off season. 

So, if we get Kirk signed to a LTD, I hope most of us can stop crying so much.  If we sign Kirk, pick up 1 free agent defensive stud and have a good draft, then we are back to where we all expected us to be.  The media is helping to drive all this decent and confusion.  We fired our GM, it happens.  We are waiting a long time to get the LTD deal signed with our QB, it happens (see Von Miller last season.)  We let some long time 'Skins leave via free agency.  It happens.  I

If the LTD is signed and we sign 1 stud free agent on defense, I personally think we are back to being favorites to win our division.  I am not happy with the drama, but the party is not over and the results are still promising.   Hang in there and HTTR.

I wanted Scot fired.

38 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Pryor has a 1 yr. deal to get chemistry going with Cousins as they practice to play for the 49'ers next year.  If they come together, they'll leave together and the 49'ers will pay the tab.

You guys sure know how to be miserable. 

That's exactly the type of deal I would want for pryor. Very good on a one year prove it deal. Make him show he can be a true wr1 in the NFL and end my doubts. Very happy we didn't sign him to a huge multi year deal. 

Now sign kirk and some linebackers 

Just now, SkinssRvA said:

That's exactly the type of deal I would want for pryor. Very good on a one year prove it deal. Make him show he can be a true wr1 in the NFL and end my doubts. Very happy we didn't sign him to a huge multi year deal. 

Now sign kirk and some linebackers 

Rumor has it Kirk won't sign, and add DT's to that list as well.

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Rumor has it that after the rumor that Pryor had left the building without a contract, rumor had it that we were getting played and that there was no way he would sign with the Redskins.

Rumors. Please.

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Rumor has it that after the rumor that Pryor had left the building without a contract, rumor had it that we were getting played and that there was no way he would sign with the Redskins.

Rumors. Please.

What, like the rumors that GMSM was sent home because he was drinking again and his job was in trouble? You know, the guy that was fired yesterday?

Rumors. Sometimes, where there is smoke, there is fire.

4 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

What, like the rumors that GMSM was sent home because he was drinking again and his job was in trouble? You know, the guy that was fired yesterday?

Rumors. Sometimes, where there is smoke, there is fire.

There was also rumors that FA's were avoiding the Skins. About an hour or two later, we signed Pryor. 

"THERE'S NO WAY I SIGN AN LTD WITH THE SKINS WHILE BRUCE ALLEN IS PRESIDENT"

"Hey Kirk it's Bruce, here's $70M guaranteed, we want you to be our QB."

"I'm so excited to be the quarterback with the team that drafted me and ready to bring this organization back to the glory days! Many thanks to Jay, Bruce and Mr. Snyder"

Yup. That's how that goes.

17 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Yesterday at this time, rumor had it that Kirk won't sign his FT offer and would sit out until August in an attempt to force a trade.  What a difference a day makes.

I actually like the one year deal with Pryor.  Pryor seems to have a lot of potential, and I think you could argue hes a step up over one of our receivers last year.  If Doctson plays to his potential, we may not skip a beat from last year.  So why is a one year deal okay?

Well, because Pryor is still a converted QB, who has really only had one year as a receiver, on a terrible team.  There are just a lot of unknowns with that situation, and its generally wise not to tie up $45 million into unknowns, if you can just tie up $6 million.  Plus, Pryor will be really hungry this year.  He will give 110%.

Don't know if it's been posted, but this is a great read on Terrelle Pryor's upbringing and journey:

"It was pretty much my mom, me, my brother and sister,'' said Pryor. "We were moving in out of hotels and stuff like that. We couldn't afford a house.''

Thomasina often had three or four jobs at a time, "along with dealing with my crazy self and my brother.''

Pryor recalls that times were so tough "we might've picked the lock just to stay in the hotel for free, I don't know. I just know we were in hotels a lot.''

2 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

I'm being told that it's a 1 yr deal for Pryor because commitment is being questioned, per source. Want an out just in case.

....Who can blame Pryor for not wanting to sign LTD with this clown show? :)

Well He could have had more money at the clown show he was with last year and chose here so there is that. I cant wait to see what Pryor can do with a decent QB.

14 minutes ago, DM72 said:

There was also rumors that FA's were avoiding the Skins. About an hour or two later, we signed Pryor. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd there were rumors we were not talking to Garcon, nothing with Jackson, and even Baker got nothing either. And we see how those rumors panned out. We can do this all day, but Kirk's rumor, when you consider the source (and that's pretty important) has more legs than most.

This would appear to lock-in Cousins as the QB next year, no?

Im sure Pryor and reps discussed if Kirk will be here and salivated at the opportunity to take a percentage of the yards thrown for the last few years and help increase the TD output. 

Looking more ore like a Bengal attack Gruden had a few years ago.

No way Redzone offense isn't going to improve. Right?

28 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Rumors. Please.

But the "sources" said blah blah blah.

Archived