Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

3 hours ago, JPG said:

Probably because fans like myself  have been waiting for a good QB since we were born and we screwed up by doing the same thing with Cousins. Players will continue to take this one year deals if contracts keep skyrocketing.

I don't agree. I think most players want the security of a long term contract. In Pryor's case, he's new to the position and had a good year but teams weren't beating down the door to sign him. If he has another god year next year he'll be in for a big payday after that.

7 minutes ago, nkoucheki said:

Oh yes! Indeed he is. Saw some good stuff outta him. What ever happened with that Ioannidis kid out of Temple? I heard gushing about him last summer

5 minutes ago, chaught76 said:

Thought he ended up on the practice squad.

He ended up on the 45 man roster and played some, but he was pretty invisible. The hope was that he could grow into a NT.

7 minutes ago, chaught76 said:

Talked with Lanier at training camp and got a picture with him.  Really nice guy and flashed some potential.  Really wishing the best for him.

RJF still with us too I think.

Strongly doubt RFJ will be on the team this year. A McCloughan guy from the get-go, and he holds a lot of animosity towards Greg Manusky -- the coach who cut him in Indi. RJF posted some negative stuff on twitter in the minutes after Manusky was announced as the guy, and was the only player interviewed to avoid praising the hire when reached out. "No comment" is all he would say on the record.

We can save $3 million by cutting him... which is how much Stacy McGee is costing us against the cap.

Oh OK.  Thanks for the current on MI.  He must have done nothing if most didn't know he called up.

1 minute ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

Strongly doubt RFJ will be on the team this year. A McCloughan guy from the get-go, and he holds a lot of animosity towards Greg Manusky -- the coach who cut him in Indi. RJF posted some negative stuff on twitter in the minutes after Manusky was announced as the guy, and was the only player interviewed to avoid praising the hire when reached out. "No comment" is all he would say on the record.

We can save $3 million by cutting him... which is how much Stacy McGee is costing us against the cap.

Yeah, I forgot about that.  You are probably right.

3 minutes ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

Its too bad he burned bridges like that because I feel like he was a solid rotational guy and getting better. I got the chance to talk to him for a good 15-20 minutes and he's a really nice guy. 

14 minutes ago, Genghis Khan said:

Its too bad he burned bridges like that because I feel like he was a solid rotational guy and getting better. I got the chance to talk to him for a good 15-20 minutes and he's a really nice guy. 

People seem to forget quickly that the "evil" Dan Synder flew Garcon and RFJ down to Hati for Hurricane relief..  RFJ wasn't exactly a world beater either to be throwing so much shade at an organization that picked him up from the scrap heap.

LOVE the Pryor signing. Obviously a prove it year for him and then hit free agency again next year. I hope there is some kind of option in the deal or that if he produces the way we hope we extend him mid season.

We have some real size and speed outside now with two big outside guys and Crowder in the slot and Reed and Davis at TE. Exciting.

Now if we can get a true 5 tech and a quality starting ILB we can switch the focus to the draft.

I was calling for this, good signing. I don't think we need to do much more in FA, hopefully we extend Breeland/Moses/Long with the rest of the money. The draft should be pretty heavy on the defensive side of the ball with ILB and Safety being the two main priorities, unless a complete stud player for the DLine falls in our laps. 

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Good post. This may be one of the worst OT drafts ever coming up. When is the last time an OT wasnt a top 25 talent on the board?

Ramczek's a top 20 pick if the knee surgery's sound. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go top 10 given the importance of the position. And very few clear top 10 talents in this draft. Just too many on a similar level. 

Only other first round worthy OL not called Lamp IMHO. 

Hail. 

Archived