Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Seriously?  Nobody is signing that clown and CT finding out by FB and a second? ****ing rookie joke BS. 

lol I pray someone signs him away. Please.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont really know why. Compton is a horrid player.

It was sarcasm. I dislike Compton very very much.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Cap will go up again next year. And we will have the space to match any offer Kirk gets. Yes the WILL transition hum if he doesnt sing a LTD.

If say the 49ers offer him a large contract and the skins match does that mean he has to resign with the skins or can he still leave?  

Does it basically act like a RFA offer sheet in the nhl?

13 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Still need ILB, DT/DE, FS, and another CB or 2

I really think we signed Swearinger to be our FS.  IMO, he was signed to be the Dashon Goldson (the 49ers version) of Manusky's defense: the hard-hitting, aggressive, run-stopping FS who has adequate range.  I think Sua will be our SS this year.

I agree with needing ILB, DT/DE, and another CB.  I'd place LG over CB though.  Hopefully Logan is the DT/DE.

11 hours ago, boston skins fan said:

If say the 49ers offer him a large contract and the skins match does that mean he has to resign with the skins or can he still leave?  

We would have right of first refusal. If he doesnt sign it he would be a hold out and not get paid. The other advantage for us is if we transition him next year. Then any other team would be negotiating off of that 28 mill guaranteed salary as well. The Skins have MUCH more leverage than the media is talking about. We can either force Kirk to stay here or make it miserable for him to try to leave. But personally I dont think any of the media reports are true, I mean the guy is going to workout with Jon Gruden and the WR's in the off season. You dont do that if you want to leave. I think they will get a LTD worked out.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

lol I pray someone signs him away. Please.

I know, me too. How awful is that? Hoping someone gives a second for our RB3 that shouldn't even be playing.

I still think mj is a very good cop back, regardless of skins opinion

I don't even know if mj could do it. He has no heart or drive.

That's not even a position we should have to address.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We would have right of first refusal. If he doesnt sign it he would be a hold out and not get paid. The other advantage for us is if we transition him next year. Then any other team would be negotiating off of that 28 mill guaranteed salary as well. The Skins have MUCH more leverage than the media is talking about. We can either force Kirk to stay here or make it miserable for him to try to leave. But personally I dont think any of the media reports are true, I mean the guy is going to workout with Jon Gruden and the WR's in the off season. You dont do that if you want to leave. I think they will get a LID worked out.

f22b8087990ddd5c7c0a5344106e2055b3977b9c6f663a10c048c4da4b7c7e56.jpg

If SM shows up at the combine and all the drama was gone I think many folks would have a much more positive feeling about our offseason.  No surprise DJAX and Garçon left, skins were not paying what they got.  Adding 650 lbs of run stoppers to a team that couldn't stop the run doesn't sound so bad.  Picking up someone who has actually played safety in the NFL and a former QB great athlete wide receiver sound like positives also.  We still have a draft to go, a good LB, Center, RB could still be in the works.  If these guys perform, all is well.  Sure it's ugly, but all is not necessarily lost.  Stay tuned.

55 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Based on over the cap we have about $14M. I know we can get $9M more by releasing D Hall and S Lauvaou - both of which need to be gone.

Here is the link for Over The Cap  -- http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins

They are typically pretty good about keeping it accurate. Lot's of other good info too.

What do we need for the rookie pool, about $5 mil?

8 minutes ago, evmiii said:

If SM shows up at the combine and all the drama was gone I think many folks would have a much more positive feeling about our offseason.  No surprise DJAX and Garçon left, skins were not paying what they got.  Adding 650 lbs of run stoppers to a team that couldn't stop the run doesn't sound so bad.  Picking up someone who has actually played safety in the NFL and a former QB great athlete wide receiver sound like positives also.  We still have a draft to go, a good LB, Center, RB could still be in the works.  If these guys perform, all is well.  Sure it's ugly, but all is not necessarily lost.  Stay tuned.

More like 625, and neither has shown any kind of  consistent production. Yes, if SM was still here and had been at the combine things would seem much better for most of us, but the 2 DT's quite honestly would not go over well. They would be seen as another year of throwing trash at the DL and expecting better results. Pryor would go over well, Swearinger is still a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

Just now, lavar1156 said:

So I'm looking at overthecap.com and DHall's and Lavao's cap numbers stick out like sore thumbs. Both at 5 million.

That's why I feel pretty sure they will either release or restructure one or both of them. It's honestly time to let D Hall go. I guess if you could restructure Lauvaou he would be OK as a back-up. But not sure he would want that role. I would prefer they just let him go.

Both would leave a little dead cap but you can get close to $9M in CAP space back.

12 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Ideally Arie K would take over at LG. But they might want to keep Lavao as insurance. If DHall is keeping is from signing someone else then he def needs to restructure or be released.

He is not keeping anything from happening. They have $14M in CAP right now based on the rule of 51 (cap rules for off-season). My guess is they are waiting to see what they end up signing. If they restructure he could possibly provide depth at FS. But that's honestly a stretch to me. It's time to move on. But no need to be in a hurry.

1 hour ago, boston skins fan said:

Correct me if im wrong but if Cousins doesnt sign a LTD cant the skins place the transition tag on cousins?  and doesnt that give them the right of 1st refusal if he signs agrees with another team?

If thats the case maybe there signing these 1 yr deals to ensure some cap space next year to have room to resign Cousins.

Redskins can put the Franchise Tag on him again next season, but, IIRC, that number would be something like $32M guaranteed for the season.

1 hour ago, boston skins fan said:

Yes. He negotiates a contract, then the Redskins get the opportunity to match the contract.

Sometimes, the new team will put in a "poison pill" clause that the old team cannot match, so they let the player go.

8 minutes ago, mrcaniac said:

Redskins can put the Franchise Tag on him again next season, but, IIRC, that number would be something like $32M guaranteed for the season.  Yes. He negotiates a contract, then the Redskins get the opportunity to match the contract.

Sometimes, the new team will put in a "poison pill" clause that the old team cannot match, so they let the player go.

There are several different tags -

The Exclusive and Non-Exlcusive Tags - will carry about a $34M salary for Kirk based on escalations. The Exclusive means he cannot negotiate with any other teams. The Non-Exclusive allows Kirk to negotiate with others teams. Redskins have the option to match any offer. If they do not then the team Kirk signs with must give the Redskins 2 1st Rd picks.

The transition tag however only carries about a $28M salary. Kirk can negotiate with other team and the Redskins have right of first refusal. However, if he signs with another team the Redskins do not get any compensation.

The last CBA has provisions in it that teams cannot put the so called "poison pill" clauses in the contract. Any such contract will be rejected by the NFL.

1 minute ago, PigskinRedskin said:

No plan for a Poe visit?

No, signing an actual NT to play NT was Scot's idea. Bruce likes taking generic d-linemen and seeing wherever the hell they fall from the seed spreader. 

Would have loved to have talked with McC about Brandon Williams, Poe and Baker in context of scheme and skillset. Damn, maybe I can signup for his scouting services and start a dialogue.

59 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

So I'm looking at overthecap.com and DHall's and Lavao's cap numbers stick out like sore thumbs. Both at 5 million.

I think Luvao will be cut and hall will be restructured if he plays. I wont be shocked if he wants to go one more year. 

Archived