Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

RJF is the closest thing to an actual starter that is signed right now. Let's cut him.

Cooley would always say that and praise him in his film breakdowns.   Though he's aging and I don't know if he's worth $4M.  Maybe he takes a paycut to stay but like others have said, he did critique and disrespect the hair.

10 hours ago, Morneblade said:

More like 625, and neither has shown any kind of  consistent production. Yes, if SM was still here and had been at the combine things would seem much better for most of us, but the 2 DT's quite honestly would not go over well. They would be seen as another year of throwing trash at the DL and expecting better results. Pryor would go over well, Swearinger is still a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

You keep saying "neither has shown any kind of  consistent production". That simply isnt true. MCclain was more productive than Baker last year and was arguably Dallas' best D lineman.

I think people will be a little down on lonnaidis but not all picks are going to be studs out the gate - what he did though was eventually make the team and he was on an upward trajectory at the end of year one . 

If if we can get the D-line organised an Logan goes a long way to doing that - lots of questions because of his health and wasnplaying alongside fletcher Cox then you can understand why teams are looking a one year deals . I would say then  focus goes to the draft and maybe bringing in depth guys ... if Logan fall through then I hope we look to Hankins 

4 hours ago, nemocystem said:

Would love Logan...would then LOVE if we could get after Hightower, though that seems out of reach.

Zach Brown, & Te'o would also be on the short list for MLB help.

Anuone else's interest piqued by the release of DeAndre Levy, or just me?

Would rather have Minter over any of those guys honestly.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:
  11 hours ago, Morneblade said:

More like 625, and neither has shown any kind of  consistent production. Yes, if SM was still here and had been at the combine things would seem much better for most of us, but the 2 DT's quite honestly would not go over well. They would be seen as another year of throwing trash at the DL and expecting better results. Pryor would go over well, Swearinger is still a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

I agree the two DL are not superstars, but I fully expect both to upgrade our run defense immediately.  McClain was the primary run stopper for Dallas, they wanted to keep him just didn't fit into their cap.  Magee had a little trouble staying on the field for 16 games, but Oakland run defense was about 2 yards a run better when he was in the game.  I don't see any drop off from Baker. Swearinger might actually bring some physical play and intimidation back to our secondary.   We still have holes to fill, but add a good draft and I'll call his off-season a win.

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You keep saying "neither has shown any kind of  consistent production". That simply isnt true. MCclain was more productive than Baker last year and was arguably Dallas' best D lineman.

Sure it is. In the previous 6 years, he had 12 starts and had about 50% of his career production.  Six years. He did nothing. NOTHING. That, is not consistent production.

1 hour ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Pryor however seems to be a an more fiery on field competitor, for him to spend his career at qb then make a sudden change to WR and flourish the way he did speaks volumes to me about his passion for being good at the game, even if it's financially motivated (which to me seems not entirely true). He bet on the browns to win out last year to the public which shows he is a proud football player who wants to win. 

Overall i would have been excited for either but I'm verry happy with Pryor and think of it as a "push" in terms of what each team got.

Totally agree, good post.....

1 hour ago, RabidFan said:

Cooley would always say that and praise him in his film breakdowns.   Though he's aging and I don't know if he's worth $4M.  Maybe he takes a paycut to stay but like others have said, he did critique and disrespect the hair.

$4 mil ain't **** for a starter.

Damn we better go in for the kill today. Logan would be a major upgrade. McClain looks real good too, his deal has more gtd money than McGee and think McClain is going to be the business. Not sure about McGee, seems more rotational player on a par with RJF. Forget the headline 5/25 numbers on the deal. His deal pays him this year but we could easily bail on his deal in either the second or third year if he sucks.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Exactly. Or, you could keep RJF and just sign one of the 2 and still be spending less. Or, as you suggested just go after 2 real upgrades and call it a day.

Edit: HOLY ****, AN ART SIGHTING!!!!!!!!

I'm here a lot.   I just usually can only post around this time and just before season.   Kids and life are brutal :).

54 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

RJF is the closest thing to an actual starter that is signed right now. Let's cut him.

Yeah I think the dangerous thing about FA is we lose sight of who is let go and just get excited about who comes.  Last year for example most of us shrugged about losing Hatcher and Knighton.   But replacing Hatcher and Knighton with Reyes and Hood was a downgrade.  

I like but don't love McClain and McGee signings but do I think they are stronger with those two signings versus where we were at ground zero with Baker in the fold.  Nope.  I think Baker is better.  I think until we sign another impact D line -- the D line is actually a little worse not better since FA.  If we let RJF go, it gets worse yet.  Some say Ziggy Hood albeit not great was one of their better D lineman last year and so far he's gone too.

So if we talk about the D line if its we added:  McGee, McClain.  We lose Baker, RJF, Hood.  To me that's making a D grade line into a D minus level line.  Signing Logan would make up some serious ground.  But if they let RJF go, don't resign Hood and considering they already lost Baker.  They would need IMO to sign another D lineman on top off Logan to make some serious strides on the D line.    Otherwise you can sum up the FA haul on D line as essentially Logan (if he's signed) replaces Baker.

A one year deal for Logan will basically use all of our remaining cap space, well estimated space anyway....I know we have lots of way to create space so it's not an issue, but I'd really like him on a long term deal. Get him plus an upgrade at ILB, either Brown or early in the draft and we will have shaped up pretty well amongst the carnage.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I think the dangerous thing about FA is we lose sight of who is let go and just get excited about who comes.  Last year for example most of us shrugged about losing Hatcher and Knighton.   But replacing Hatcher and Knighton with Reyes and Hood was a downgrade.  

I like but don't love McClain and McGee signings but do I think they are stronger with those two signings versus where we were at ground zero with Baker in the fold.  Nope.  I think Baker is better.  I think until we sign another impact D line -- the D line is actually a little worse not better since FA.  If we let RJF go, it gets worse yet.  Some say Ziggy Hood albeit not great was one of their better D lineman last year and so far he's gone too.

So if we talk about the D line if its we added:  McGee, McClain.  We lose Baker, RJF, Hood.  To me that's making a D grade line into a D minus level line.  Signing Logan would make up some serious ground.  But if they let RJF go, don't resign Hood and considering they already lost Baker.  They would need IMO to sign another D lineman on top off Logan to make some serious strides on the D line.    Otherwise you can sum up the FA haul on D line as essentially Logan (if he's signed) replaces Baker.

well, at this time last year we were pretty sure we were going draft a DL to help replace Knighton and we didn't talk much about Hood except maybe hoping he was going to be better depth.  Remember, he was a futures signing before actual free agency

I wonder what's going on with Hankins.  I haven't seen his name linked with any team.  Really hoping the Giants aren't able to bring him back on a cheap prove-it 1-year deal.  He does basically the same thing Logan does, with a little more pass rushing ability, and 2 years younger.

24 minutes ago, petedaddy said:

I will go out on a limb and say it's better than DJaxs

Or wait, sources close to the situation have told me it's better than DJaxs

Yeah, that's sort of where my head was at - obviously he's got to be better than Jackson, but is he a big drop off from Garçon?

I just hope Doctson and Pryor will be better than our previous duo... and not require Grant coming in for run downs (ugh).  

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We still have Ioannidis form last years draft. And Maybe they are planning on playing smith more at DE this year with Junior coming back. We have players that can put their hand in the dirt and rush the passer. It looks like they are targeting run stopping 2 down lineman this off season and we really need help there IMO.

Archived