Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

2 minutes ago, carex said:

I swear, for the limited success that people have here they sure take some brusied egos out the door

I always thought he was an issue but he does it with subtlety so it does not become a huge issue. One big reason why I did not care one bit if he left or not. He is a snarky prick.

1 hour ago, jschuck12001 said:

I think right now we might be trying to figure out who needs to be cut so we can sign a DT and make sure we have enough for our rookie pool.

No we have plenty of room.

I'll put Garcon in the same room as Baker. Slightly bitter.

1 minute ago, panahoo said:

Again. Not a verified account

Thanks! I don't know how that ended up on my timeline. I don't follow that person. 

2 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Again. Not a verified account

Wait, I just looked. This is the REAL one lol (they have 5.93 million followers and are verified). 

8 minutes ago, SlkyCaramel said:

Thanks! I don't know how that ended up on my timeline. I don't follow that person. 

Wait, I just looked. This is the REAL one lol (they have 5.93 million followers and are verified). 

Oh. Yup. Looks the same as the other one....

Too bad he isnt real. Check his latest. (Dont know how to post it)

56 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

That makes no sense. There's still tons of cap space available with the ability to create more. 

I wouldn't consider $14 mil "tons", you have to leave some cap for rookies and players we may need to pick up during the season due to injuries.

54 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

No we have plenty of room.

Please explain, we only have $14 mil left and we need set-asides

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Is that non-verified Adam Shefter account just a guy who has a similar name or a troll because that's just pathetic if true. People have that much time on their hands smh

Usually a troll. They pop up all over during this time of the year.

18 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Please explain, we only have $14 mil left and we need set-asides

Rookie pool is 7mil. That means you have to set aside that amount for rookie pay. However, under the cap rules only the top 51 salaries count against the cap. In short, basically the rookie pool is 7mil, but the effect on cap will be about 4mil....ie, some rookie signings will replace others in the '51' so it offsets in cap space, sign some, cut soon.

After rookies we probably have 10mil in free space. It is normal practice to keep some back, that's limited for us.... But...

cut Hall save 4mil

cut Lavaou save 4mil

sign Kirk LTD save 4-6mil

cut RJF save 3mil

convert 50% of Normans 2017 salary to bonus and defer 6mil to future years cap

Cap space is limited, but we have option to create space ~10mil to pick up 2 more very good FA.

Archived