Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Not worried about cap. Pryor is either gonna tank or be ELITE. One year deal at 6mil through cap is amazing, see 14mil for AJ as case in point.

Logan though, stout DL. What you gonna see in 2017, 2018, 2019 that you ain't seen already. He isn't gonna look like **** here for 3 years, you know what's on the table. Sign him long term and move on.

Norman has a 16.5mil salary in 2017. He will convert some to help our near term cap, book it.

I think jury is out on how much better Hankins was made to look by his premier DL colleague.

It's not that I don't think Norman would do it. I don't think they will need it. Something they can keep in their hip pocket in case another Norman becomes available late in the FA season. I am sure he would be glad to do it. Makes no difference to him.

I would prioritize Hankins over Logan, younger and better imo. But we NEED to sign one of them. Then resign hood. Then kick the tires on Tyson Jackson. Former first round pick, still an effective veteran in the 3-4 and imo would be a starter here alongside Hankins/Logan. 

34 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

If he retires a redskin I would be happy. I love Hall. I may even snag a 23 jersey

Back before 2012 I was ready to see him go. He was not much more than a mouth with penalties. But he has really turned himself around. 2012, and 2013 he played well. Has been injured the last 3 years. Like to see him get healthy and go out with a few solid years - even if it's as a backup. Never thought I would say this but he has been a true clubhouse leader the last 5 yrs. Glad to see him retire a Redskin if it comes to that - in a few years that is... 

1 hour ago, carex said:

Don't act like it's some suck up thing.  People can claim Allen needs a yes man, but he's done plenty of ceding power since he got here, Shanny ran things, then he left and Bruce ran things for one year, then hired Scot

And Kirk's bit about only signing a long term deal if Allen is gone, if true, is his right I guess.  But there's been plenty of other people who have signed long term deals here with Bruce as Team Pres.  So why's Kirk feeling so wronged if they're cool

I like Kirk.  I want him to stick around.  But as it stands I'm not liking his attitude.  Guys showing himself to have a bit of a fragile ego and seems to be a bit of a control freak right as he's becoming a father so he's going to need ot work on that

If this stuff is true then I am with you. But I would caution here that during this negotiation period it's kind of a scorched earth approach. Bill Polian said as much the other day. Said a lot of things will be said but when he gets the numbers he is looking for all will be forgiven.

Do backup safeties ever NOT play ST's? That's my one concern with the idea of keeping Hall as depth, even on a cheap deal. 

That and him taking the roster spot of someone with potential who could actually play FS. Hall has never shown he could do it, is old and constantly injured, and whatever special athleticism he had is now sapped. 

If you want his leadership and mentoring in the building, let him be a defensive quality control coach or an assistant DB coach. Or assistant to the assistant DB coach. 

But he should not play for us again, as much as I love him. We only get 53 roster spots. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Do backup safeties ever NOT play ST's? That's my one concern with the idea of keeping Hall as depth, even on a cheap deal. 

That and him taking the roster spot of someone with potential who could actually play FS. Hall has never shown he could do it, is old and constantly injured, and whatever special athleticism he had is now sapped. 

If you want his leadership and mentoring in the building, let him be a defensive quality control coach or an assistant DB coach. Or assistant to the assistant DB coach. 

But he should not play for us again, as much as I love him. We only get 53 roster spots. 

I think that depends on how many other guys you've got if all your backup S end up on teams

Honestly, Iv'e seen DHall on Special Teams as recent as last season I believe. He is a team player, and a leader. If he's needed on Special Teams...he'll do it.

He really matured and grew up after his time in Atlanta and Oakland. I love the guy. Hope he retires a Redskin and will be in the Ring of Fame in no time

I just didn't know he played or could play ST's at all. Old, injury prone guys don't usually get ST's snaps which is why they usually go from starter, to role player, to out of the league in a hurry because a healthy young guy with upside is way more valuable when he can play ST's at least.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I just didn't know he played or could play ST's at all. Old, injury prone guys don't usually get ST's snaps which is why they usually go from starter, to role player, to out of the league in a hurry because a healthy young guy with upside is way more valuable when he can play ST's at least.

I dont know if he plays ST's the entire game....but I know I've seen him on punt and KO coverage before.

2 hours ago, SlkyCaramel said:

We need to keep an eye on this. It used to be that you would pay big for the LT only, then the money flowed to the RT spot. Now Guards are making bank. Soon in the NFL a huge amount of the cap will go to the entire line which makes it almost as if we have to draft Offensive Linemen every year so we can build them up so we don't find ourselves putting too much cap there. Pay attention, this is the sort of change from years past we never saw

With interior rushing and zone blitzing being such a big thing these days, good guard play is a bigger deal. 

Pass rushers come from everywhere and on every down. Guards need to still be powerful bulldozers, but also alert and nimble. 

29 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

We need to keep an eye on this. It used to be that you would pay big for the LT only, then the money flowed to the RT spot. Now Guards are making bank. Soon in the NFL a huge amount of the cap will go to the entire line which makes it almost as if we have to draft Offensive Linemen every year so we can build them up so we don't find ourselves putting too much cap there. Pay attention, this is the sort of change from years past we never saw

Yep. The draft has never been more valuable then it is right now. But the good teams use that to their advantage and accumulate compensatory picks by letting their free agents walk. Its going to get to the point where you can only afford to pay 5 or 6 star players and rest of your team will be playing on rookie contracts.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep. The draft has never been more valuable then it is right now. But the good teams use that to their advantage and accumulate compensatory picks by letting their free agents walk. Its going to get to the point where you can only afford to pay 5 or 6 star players and rest of your team will be playing on rookie contracts.

and the teams that don't catch on to this concept will never contend. It seems like our skins are on the right track

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Is this hot off the presses? How did I miss this?

I just did a search on Twitter and was like what the hell. This tweet is like 12 hours old and no one is talking about this in this thread! Probably too busy in the Allen thread....lol

Just now, panahoo said:

Fake account again. Look at the tag... adEm schAfter.... also doesnt have the verification check.....

Thanks! I thought it might be as I could not get verification. Should have looked at the hash tag. Not very well versed with twitter. Managed to stay away from it for the most part.

Archived