Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

38 minutes ago, carex said:

it seems no one thinks Spaight can earn  starting job?

Maybe because he has yet to impress. Who knows maybe this is the year?

A possible fall back if we don't get Logan or Hankins.

Miller, 29 yr old, 6'2 318 from the University of Texas. Achilles Tendon may be a concern, but it is worth "kicking the tires" imo.

Jaguars released NT Roy Miller.

The writing was on the wall when Jacksonville signed DE Calais Campbell and DT Stefan Charles after retaining NT Abry Jones, who will take over for Miller in the starting lineup. A solid run stuffer when healthy, Miller tore his Achilles' tendon last Week 7. He was due over $4 million in salary and bonuses.

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

3-4 backers and 4-3 backer are not the same thing though. We'd need to look at replacing all of the LB's then.

I dont think we do, Kerrigan is prototypical size for a 4-3 strongside OLB, and Cravens is a prototypical weakside OLB.  At that point we just need 1 strong ILB.  Galette himself is prototypical size for a 4-3 OLB, and while Murphy could play there if he slimmed down to his rookie weight, hes probably better set at DE.

Damn I'm liking Pryor right now. Between the quote from teammate last year about him up at 1 in the morning thinking about plays to this one in the snow.

i got a feeling we're gonna forget about Garcon and Djack real quick.

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

What about Dont'a Hightower?  I would think he would be worth a big contract to sure up the middle of the defense.  And he's still out there.

It's been reported it will be either the Pats or the Jets.

Hail Em Up!

21 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I dont think we do, Kerrigan is prototypical size for a 4-3 strongside OLB, and Cravens is a prototypical weakside OLB.  At that point we just need 1 strong ILB.  Galette himself is prototypical size for a 4-3 OLB, and while Murphy could play there if he slimmed down to his rookie weight, hes probably better set at DE.

This is Madden thinking, it's not just about size, it's about skill-set. Those guys are passrushers. We've seen how bad an idea it is to put our passrushers out in coverage. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is Madden thinking, it's not just about size, it's about skill-set. Those guys are passrushers. We've seen how bad an idea it is to put our passrushers out in coverage. 

where's Jesse Armstead, Jeremiah Trotter, and Lavar at when you need them

I felt real good about our linebackers that year

they were really good on Madden anyways

22 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

No. No. No. Do you want Kerrigan covering a TE? Big part of the SAM's responsibilty. Cravens is small for a Will. Galette is large for a OLB in a 4-3. Daniels is a prototypical MLB, and that is about all we have that would fit, and we don't know if he is any good or not.

5 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Attention Redskins, we still need a good run stuffing NT. He is a good choice and will come cheap. Good pickup. That is all

Achilles Tendon may be an issue.

30 minutes ago, carex said:

he hasn't impressed because he hasn't played

Apparently he does not impress during OTAs and Pre-season. Hope he'll do well this year. Compten sucks against the run.

36 minutes ago, arftech said:

It's been reported it will be either the Pats or the Jets.

Hail Em Up!

This is just one of the many reasons i hate the pats.

Only the patriots can let one of the best in the league at his position test the market and then re-sign on a team friendly deal.  

27 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Hightower is not a good fit for us....we need a LB with speed....lots of good MLB options in the draft.

At this point, I would love to sign Logan or Hankins....bring in a vet CB for depth...another Greg Toler Type...I would also like to add a vet WR...Boldin type....and also re-sign John Sullivan.

Good point on Sullivan. I would like to have him back as well. 

Archived