Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

12 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Rebuilding is something that was done before the salary cap was implemented, basically, teams become good when they get a good QB and everything in between is just adding talent until you find that QB.

With free agency the contract cycles are basically 3 years so good luck on some heavy rebuild, better get it done within that first cycle or you will start losing players before your "rebuild" is done.

Using free agency is a must, I don't see how a team who lacks talent can strictly rely on the draft, if that was the case it would take 5 + years.

what about the Baltimore Ravens of the early 2000s. 

1 hour ago, MEANDWARF said:

No to Byrd! 

I've read mixed reviews on Byrd on NO. Apparently struggled due to injuries early but played better closer to the LOS later last season and tackled well. 

I'd be OK with bringing him it on the cheap, with lots of incentives- if he's actually healthy now. 

The more I hear or read about Pryor, the more I love the signing.  For example:

3) Terrelle Pryor, Cleveland Browns (2.76 separation at target)

Out wide separation: 2.78 (83 percent of plays)
Slot separation: 2.62 (10 percent of plays)
Air yards per target: 15.1 (from McCown, Kessler and Griffin)

Perhaps it's because of the team that he plays on or the winding path he took to get here, but the story of Terrelle Pryor's development into a true star wide receiver went under-discussed as it unfolded this season. At this point two years ago, Terrelle Pryor was insistent in his four-plus-year stance that he would not switch positions in the NFL, one he finally softened in June. He spent his first true year as a wide receiver in 2015 and registered just one catch in his lone game action. You wouldn't know that was his backstory had you just watched him this year.

Pryor averaged 2.78 yards of separation on his targets. He showed an ability to get open at all levels of the field and a surprising knack for getting open. Despite the drafting of Corey Coleman along with multiple other rookie receivers, it was Pryor who emerged as the team's clear No. 1 receiver right away. Pryor owned a 41.5 percent share of the combined air yards distributed by Cody Kessler, Josh McCown and Robert Griffin III. For context, Mike Evans led the NFL with 43 percent of Jameis Winston's air yards, and T.Y. Hilton was second with 38.7 percent, among receivers who played the majority of the season with one quarterback. Terrelle Pryor is a free agent this offseason and the team should make every move to assure he stays. For what it's worth, NFL Network's Courtney Fallon reported that the Browns viewed Pryor as the only "absolutely untouchable" asset on their roster prior to the NFL trade deadline mid-season.

39 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

AFC South is so bad, I think the moves the Jags made has made them my favorite to win it, regardless of QB

Ehh Texans are really legit with even a slightly above average QB.

Titans are certainly on the rise. Great O-line, Great Running Game, and a Legit young QB. Good D-line as well, and they signed Ryan to improve their biggest weakness on defense. And they got the 5th and 15th? Picks in the draft.... They may go CB and WR with a LB in the 2nd.

AFC South is definitely a fluid situation but I don't think they are that bad

31 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The more I hear or read about Pryor, the more I love the signing.  For example:

3) Terrelle Pryor, Cleveland Browns (2.76 separation at target)

Out wide separation: 2.78 (83 percent of plays)
Slot separation: 2.62 (10 percent of plays)
Air yards per target: 15.1 (from McCown, Kessler and Griffin)

Terrelle Pryor is a free agent this offseason and the team should make every move to assure he stays. For what it's worth, NFL Network's Courtney Fallon reported that the Browns viewed Pryor as the only "absolutely untouchable" asset on their roster prior to the NFL trade deadline mid-season.

I listened to a Browns reporter on 106.7 today, he plugged him hard said he's an incredibly competitive guy who hates losing, often first guy in last to leave, workaholic. Teammates like him but opponents didn't because of his trash talking.

From the stuff I read, the good news is he wanted a one year contract because he's convinced he will put up big numbers this year, bad news is that I wonder if that makes him a one year rental ultimately.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to a Browns reporter on 106.7 today, he plugged him hard said he's an incredibly competitive guy who hates losing, often first guy in last to leave, workaholic. Teammates like him but opponents didn't because of his trash talking.

From the stuff I read, the good news is he wanted a one year contract because he's convinced he will put up big numbers this year, bad news is that I wonder if that makes him a one year rental ultimately.

Franchise tag WILL be available next year if necessary.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We shouldn't put ourselves in that type of position. Lock up the talent at a value when you can 

If we can. I think I remember reading that Pryor turned down a 4 or 5 year deal with Cleveland to prove himself. 

Archived