Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

The 1 year deals, while smart, do put a slight damper on my enthusiasm even if we get Logan.

But even taking the 1 year deals into account, a FA period where we come away with Logan/Pryor/Swearinger/DL bodies has to be considered a success. Especially with all the negative **** swirling around the team. Almost any of us would have taken this list of names added/subtracted a month ago if given the chance. And hopefully we get an ILB of note.

2 minutes ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Does anyone know how much cap space we have available now?

No idea. But we haven't trimmed any of the fat yet, weirdly. So we can free up a lot more space even if we keep the huge cap number on the franchise tag (which we all hope isn't the case obviously).

19 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Where in the hell is it? I've looked all around and don't see one. Id be putting that sucker to good use.

Click on your name in the upper right hand corner. Then ignored users. You have to know the name you want to ignore.

4 minutes ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Does anyone know how much cap space we have available now?

Based on over the cap we have about $14M. I know we can get $9M more by releasing D Hall and S Lauvaou - both of which need to be gone.

Here is the link for Over The Cap  -- http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins

They are typically pretty good about keeping it accurate. Lot's of other good info too.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Click on your name. Then ignored users. You have to know the name you want to ignore.

The ultimate irony...in order to ignore someone you must remember them one last time. 

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

14 mil in cap space....

cutting DHall saves 4.25...

cutting Ricky Jean saves 3 mil

cutting Lavauo saves 4 mil

Cutting Niles Paul saves close to 2 mil.

We're in good shape.

I don't think they're going to cut Niles Paul actually 

3 hours ago, ZRagone said:

Absolutely LOVE the Pryor pick up. If we didn't resign either Garcon or Jackson, this was the guy I wanted us to go after. Size, Speed, Youth/low mileage, and a high ceiling as he's new to the position. I also very much like the contract structure (essentially $6 mil) and length.

Would I have liked a 3 year deal at roughly $8 a year? Sure. But i don't think that was realistic; I don't think he wanted that, he's banking on himself. And more power to him. And I'd rather 1 year at around $6 then having to pony up closer to $10 or $12 for him right now. Why? Becuase if we really DO move on from Kirk next year, I'd see us in a slight rebuilding/retooling phase. In such a case, the comp pick we'd get from him walking away would be more valuable than 2 more years at him on a big contract with a QB we probably aren't immediately competing with. 

And there's the other reason I'm really really liking it. If he balls out for us, and we both want to keep it going, then I'm fine paying him a bigger contract for a long term deal next year. However, if he balls out but for various reasons we don't want to commit a ton of cash to him, then we probably get a decent Comp pick for him which is great. And if he's just kind of meh? Well, we're not tied into a long term contract.

Great pickup, first one that actually excited me this off season.  This feels much more like the Norman signing, while the rest have felt more like pot roast, paea, johnson type signings.

I've been scrolling through to see if anyone had mentioned the potential of a comp pick.

Spot on post from beginning to end man.  

We get to see him in the system, find out if he's a character fit, see how Doctson, Harris, etc. look for the future, see how the qb situation works out, etc.  And we do it cheaply while having a chance to either bring him back or get the aforementioned comp pick.  

Nice move by the FO.

Correct me if im wrong but if Cousins doesnt sign a LTD cant the skins place the transition tag on cousins?  and doesnt that give them the right of 1st refusal if he signs agrees with another team?

If thats the case maybe there signing these 1 yr deals to ensure some cap space next year to have room to resign Cousins.

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Well considering it came out today that Kirk won't sign a LTD with Bruce Allen.

I doubt he's going to sign a LTD.

Is this real?

If so, like a lot of have said, get anything and trade him now before we get nothing.

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Would HATE to lose him. Yeah.

I dont really know why. Compton is a horrid player.

13 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

Correct me if im wrong but if Cousins doesnt sign a LTD cant the skins place the transition tag on cousins?  and doesnt that give them the right of 1st refusal if he signs agrees with another team?

If thats the case maybe there signing these 1 yr deals to ensure some cap space next year to have room to resign Cousins.

Cap will go up again next year. And we will have the space to match any offer Kirk gets. Yes the WILL transition hum if he doesnt sing a LTD.

Archived